• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astellius

Smash Ace
I thought that it was a fine reason. Why is making a flawed decision a bad reason for making them fight? The characters made an ill-thought out, hasty decision, and the consequences bore that out. That seems a perfectly viable reason from a storytelling standpoint. To add to that, the characters are all well-motivated to do what they do, and the player already had the opportunity to make alternative decisions and see them through with Birthright & Conquest. Left to their own devices, Corrin, who is really sheltered, and Azura, who's a bad leader and generally bad with people, are shown to be inadequate to initially accomplish what they sought to achieve then. Not every decision is going to be a good one, and, after the choice to not pick a side, there's really not much they could do.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My problem isn't that it was a bad decision, it's that I'm unable to believe that they didn't see that coming, even it their decision was hasty. They would of had to of been downright delusional to think that would of ended well.

It just doesn't seem right to me.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I decided to play Lunatic/Classic, since hey, I'm able to handle it on Conquest.

Turns out, though, that the unit balance is awful right from the get go. I guess I'm going to have to grind, because most of the characters are sitting ducks and that wind won't let me take it slow to feed them EXP.
I dunno, something smarter than what they did. IS promised an amazing story, so I expected them to come up with a better reason to make them fight than that.

Even if it was just Ryoma and Xander going "if you're not with us, you're against us", that'd still be a better and more believable reason for them to be fighting then what actually happened.
I don't remember IS promising anything story-wise. All they said was that they had a popular manga writer doing the story.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't remember IS promising anything story-wise. All they said was that they had a popular manga writer doing the story.
Almost all of the advertising for the three games revolved around the story. They made a pretty huge deal out of it.

The story isn't bad, but I expected more out of it.

Nah

Smash Champion
Something I've been wondering is ya know how one of the defining features of Fates is that Birthright is Awakening-esque in gameplay while Conquest is more like pre-Awakening FE games? What's Revelations supposed to be like then?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Something I've been wondering is ya know how one of the defining features of Fates is that Birthright is Awakening-esque in gameplay while Conquest is more like pre-Awakening FE games? What's Revelations supposed to be like then?
Well, Conquest actually isn't much like any of the FE games I've played before. The gameplay is actually really unique and different (in a good way, most of the time) - the reason it gets compared to the old ones is because you have to deal with finite gold and Exp, and because there's more varied map objectives.

Birthright was supposed to be easier and newcomer friendly, Conquest was supposed to be difficult to appeal to veterans, and Revelations is supposed to be somewhere in between. I think Revelations has varied map objectives as well, but I've only just started it.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Found some interesting fan-made sprites for any fellow Zelda fans on here.
tumblr_o4gye11tUV1ui53dko1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Did anyone here ACTUALLY made an attempt to fight and defeat the Chapter 12 boss of Birthright?

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
It does, revelations also stresses more on Dragon vains than the others from what I've heard.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Did anyone here ACTUALLY made an attempt to fight and defeat the Chapter 12 boss of Birthright?

I'm on that chapter right now and I have every intention of doing so.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I made these in Photoshop. I regret nothing.
I didn't alter the text because that would've taken too much work.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh, the boss in Birthright Chapter 12?

I remember my first time playing that chapter, I accidentally had Hinoka within Garon's range, 3 spaces away to be exact, so when he attacked as that dramatic music started playing, I was just like "Wait, WHAT?" I was shocked because when I saw his stats prior, I knew I shouldn't even bother approaching him, and here I was, praying to dear Naga that her partner, Silas, would come in and save the day with a Dual Guard, but nope, Garon straight up murders Hinoka. That's when I had to give this chapter a second try.

Come to think of it, I didn't even both going after Xander when I noticed his stats were pretty high at that point in the game (nowhere as high as Garon's though), but after playing through Conquest Chapter 12, I'm going to go for the challenge and take down Xander in Chapter 12 should I replay Birthright.

Oh yeah, I finished Conquest Chapter 20 today, as well as Velouria and Siegbert's Paralogues.

So we now have a repeat of Birthright Chapter 8 where Fuga wants to battle us just to see if we are worthy of wielding the Yato.

I can definitely understand why this chapter can be brutally hard. Those wind patterns can bring you into the wrong enemies that can take out your units easily. The chapter has a pretty good map design though.

On Normal though, this chapter wasn't as hard as I though it would be, although I had a few very close calls: Both Leo and Beruka almost died, with Nyx and Kaze pulling off a lucky Dual Guard to save them respectively right when they were about to be KOd.
Duable map overall. Glad that Velouria joins you the moment she appears. Wasn't too hard dealing with those Dark Knights on those Fire Orbs, though my avatar had a few close calls when he stayed back to deal with the Faceless. Good thing I reached a fort in time.

So Velouria doesn't seem to be as playful as Selkie, but Velouria is definitely far more attached to her father than Selkie is to Kaden. I mean, roughly 60-70% of Velouria's dialogue involves Keaton. Not like I mind though. I can get used to Velouria with that cute look of hers and her more animal-like behavior when she sniffs people affectionately and shows of the wild things she collects.
Well, Siegbert is pretty much the spitting image of his father, unlike Shiro to Ryoma. First thing when Xander and his son meet, Siegbert goes on about following everything in his father's footsteps: training and handwriting included, not to mention Siegbert is a pretty serious dude like Xander. He's still cool though.

So the mission here is use all the Dragon Vein tiles, then route the enemy. Duable overall, and I'm glad the game was kind to us and allowing us to have Siegbert the moment the chapter began. I paired him with Velouria, and they made a pretty good duo. Can't wait to see how their supports will develop from there.

And with that, it looks like I'll have to put Conquest aside for now as I reach the busiest week of my semester. At the rate this is going, it seems more likely that I won't finish Conquest until some point either late to the end of April, with Revelation not being started until early May. I guess starting Revelation late is a good thing though, because by that point, my summer vacation begins. We'll see how these next weeks develop.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I didn't because there was no reason to so we just head on made our escape. Even if we did, it wouldn't end well because I remember all my units were still in their lower base class.

It's suicide to charge him head on with such high stats.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Hmm, just read something interesting on Serenes Forest. It was mainly on how the supports could reach S-Rank. Now, while she doesn't have a number of the best ones(albeit, she has some of the worse ones) Soleil's S-Rank with Corrin feels like it's how a lot of the supports should have gone. It's more of a "they'll try and start a relationship while already being close friends" than "I've loved you from the very beginning, even when I was constantly insulting you." Not all of them need to follow this pattern, but some of them I feel would have really benefited from this kind of S-rank. Just something to mull over.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I did not know Azura had a unique model for Sky Knight. It looks pretty good on her.
WVW69jGbadkGS5Ps6y.jpg

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Next week, i'm changeing Anna to a Witch. She's clearly better suited for magic attacks and as an Adventurer, Shining Bows are really the only thing that will get her kills but since it can't crit or trigger offensive skills, her full potential is wasted.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I decided to recruit Kumagera from my unit logbook with Revelations, and much to my surprise, he wasn't an Einherjar unit. He's got a normal portrait and he grunts in combat an everything. I like that. The white background on Einherjar units kind of bugs me when I use them. It was the Lunatic mode version of him to, so he's got max weapon rank and the Darting Blow/Certain Blow/Countermagic skills.

That said, it's also be kind of funny. It means that if I replayed Conquest, I could potentially make Kumagera battle with himself.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well Birthright and Conquest are finished; all that's left to accomplish is Revelations

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why can't I watch cutscenes of Fates outside of the save files like in Awakening

D

Deleted member

This thread needs to be more active. D:

Also I can't play the Anna on the Run DLC. I'm pretty sure I bought it (since I bought the map pack) but it says it will be available at a later time. o.o

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This thread needs to be more active. D:

Also I can't play the Anna on the Run DLC. I'm pretty sure I bought it (since I bought the map pack) but it says it will be available at a later time. o.o
It's somewhat alive right now(viewing stalkers wise)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got all of the Hoshidian children now...well, almost all of them cuz I don't have Azama's kid. Now for the ones from Nohr.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I got all of the Hoshidian children now...well, almost all of them cuz I don't have Azama's kid. Now for the ones from Nohr.
So many babies made...but none will ever be better than Percy, Sophie, Rajhat(Tharja 2.0 or however you pronounce her name), or Caeldori(haven't gotten the lesbian child...but I ****ing want her)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So many babies made...but none will ever be better than Percy, Sophie, Rhajat(Tharja 2.0 or however you pronounce her name), or Caeldori(haven't gotten the lesbian child...but I ****ing want her)
I fixed it for ya.

My favorites so far are Midori, Sophie, Asugi (a.k.a. Gaius Jr.) and Caeldori.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I fixed it for ya.

My favorites so far are Midori, Sophie, Asugi (a.k.a. Gaius Jr.) and Caeldori.
Thanks. I kinda want Rhajat...but I'm not sure if I'll like Hayato

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I forgot to mention I also like Selkie as well. She's an adorable one, even her name is cute.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
School my friend and i'm still procrastinating dang it.
Procrastination is the brain's way of avoiding going insane from school and work.
Why, I'm procrastinating a 200 point essay for my dual enrollment class right now!

Actually I'm really stressed about that but let's just pretend I'm feeling peppy.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Has anyone ever exploited the dialogue in Fates and/or in Awakening?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
My favourite children so far are Asugi (By far), Selkie, and Mitama. Something about how Asugi doesn't care about anything but sweets, even in the midst of battle, makes him a really fun unit for me

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Well I have too much time on my hands :p
Visual Novel I'm dead XD
]

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Why can't I watch cutscenes of Fates outside of the save files like in Awakening
Er, I did not know it was so onerous to go into a save file to watch a cutscene...! Although, really, the cutscenes that I really like watching have music, and I'm thinking of one in particular... Good god, shut up Garon. I want the song without your crappy "groans of increasing discomfort."

But, no, really, does anyone know where I can hear that song without Garon's grunts?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Er, I did not know it was so onerous to go into a save file to watch a cutscene...! Although, really, the cutscenes that I really like watching have music, and I'm thinking of one in particular... Good god, shut up Garon. I want the song without your crappy "groans of increasing discomfort."

But, no, really, does anyone know where I can hear that song without Garon's grunts?
I don't mind Garon's groaning in the English version(the Japanese version on the other hand...no)

Top Bottom