• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nope, neither of them, but Chapter 26 is the chapter I like to call "The Chapter of Feels."

If you really want to know...
The main hint I'm going to give you is that the death(s) will happen to certain Nohrian individual(s) who you got to know really well in Conquest.
Now that I think about it...
LEO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Now that I think about it...
LEO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I can tell you that it's not him, but I'm still not going to reveal who it is right off the bat. That's for you to find out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 Don't ask, just find out yourself. What's the point in even playing it if you're attempting to spoil yourself?
Well I spoiled both Kid Icarus Uprising and Awakening months-years before I played it(cause Robin Reveal hype for FE, while KI was always sold out), so half the time(depends)spoilers don't really matter since I react the same way anyways

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Was actually doing really well with my Conquest Lunatic/Classic playthrought when I came across this punk.

You know what? Screw you Hinata. Next time, I'm going to bring along an Entrap staff just for you.

Er, Entrapping one of his buddies there will get his whole team to move, right? I hope so.

Edit: Nope, apparently it doesn't. I guess I'm expending both uses on that thing, then.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Ok, started Birthright on hard/classic. Hinoka is easily my favorite Hoshidan Royal, might like her even more than Leo or Xander.

I'm only 3 chapters in, but so far.....

It's ridiculously easy. Like, honestly was shocked at how easy it's been. The first 3 maps on Conquest(hard/classic) are insane. People on this very board have talked about the Takumi level and then some. Not trying to sound like some seasoned war general or anything like that, but it's just I think Hard mode on Birthright might be easier than Hard mode in Awakening.

Wondering if things really start picking up in terms of difficulty or not.

( Though I will also say that the introduction of Hinoka and her retainers might just make them my favorite trio. Them or Leo's).

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well I spoiled both Kid Icarus Uprising and Awakening months-years before I played it(cause Robin Reveal hype for FE, while KI was always sold out), so half the time(depends)spoilers don't really matter since I react the same way anyways
You're hopeless then...

I remember how pissed off I was when there were some people out there that spoiled some parts of the story of Final Fantasy VII before I started playing the game myself. I mean, why?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
For me, i don't really mind spoilers. Unless its Star Wars spoilers. You don't simply spoil Star Wars and get away with it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For me, i don't really mind spoilers. Unless its Star Wars spoilers. You don't simply spoil Star Wars and get away with it.
I remembered seeing some posts that were related to the 7th Star Wars movie, and they were definitely spoiler type material. I think that it's also a sin to be spoiling Harry Potter, though I never did read past The Goblet of Fire; I never did finish reading Order of the Phoenix, but in fairness, I don't do too well with reading text-only books.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ok, started Birthright on hard/classic. Hinoka is easily my favorite Hoshidan Royal, might like her even more than Leo or Xander.

I'm only 3 chapters in, but so far.....

It's ridiculously easy. Like, honestly was shocked at how easy it's been. The first 3 maps on Conquest(hard/classic) are insane. People on this very board have talked about the Takumi level and then some. Not trying to sound like some seasoned war general or anything like that, but it's just I think Hard mode on Birthright might be easier than Hard mode in Awakening.

Wondering if things really start picking up in terms of difficulty or not.

( Though I will also say that the introduction of Hinoka and her retainers might just make them my favorite trio. Them or Leo's).
The game will pick up on difficulty a little later on, but another thing is that a good chunk of maps are set up in a way that you could clear it very easily, or you can get added rewards (like items or good grinding opportunities) but it gives you more of a challenge when doing so. Chapter 12 is one example: you can easily clear the map in two turns, but there are chests to pick up around the middle and you have to go through a rather large amount of enemy units to get there.

Birthright also has a few annoying maps. Have you started Chapter 10 yet? That's one of them, though difficulty-wise, it is nowhere as hard as Conquest Chapter 10. As a heads up, make sure you use Azura for Chapter 10; you'll understand why when you reach turn 2.

I'm also a huge Hinoka fan as well, probably my favorite royal sibling after Takumi. Heck, she is one of the main reasons why I wanted to play Birthright first (I was moved when she broke down in Chapter 4 after reuniting with Corrin, and I find her devotion to him more appealing than Camilla's). I'm a fan of her retainers too, even if Azama is a jerk. Azama has the Brock eyes, and Setsuna looks cute and always sounds so relaxed. My favorite retainer duo would probably have to go to Hinata and Oboro though. They had a humorous introduction in Chapter 9, and their support conversations are pretty funny too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hinoka's devotion seems a lot more natural than Camilla's to me.
I mean, the reason Hinoka is so devoted is because she's been training to save Corrin for all those years. Meanwhile, Camilla has an unhealthy obsession with her "cute" little sibling - but she doesn't dote over Elise much at all. Heck, I don't think she even said anything in the chapter where Elise got sick.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You're hopeless then...

I remember how pissed off I was when there were some people out there that spoiled some parts of the story of Final Fantasy VII before I started playing the game myself. I mean, why?
I'm not really gonna be hopeless for some spoilers...

The only spoilers I hate are the ones about Marvel or any movie that has my interest(video games I get shocked no matter what)
I mean, the reason Hinoka is so devoted is because she's been training to save Corrin for all those years. Meanwhile, Camilla has an unhealthy obsession with her "cute" little sibling - but she doesn't dote over Elise much at all. Heck, I don't think she even said anything in the chapter where Elise got sick.
Camilla just wants to **** Corrin
Those guys were *****

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Next week, we get Ballistican Blitz which will allow us to reclass Takumi into TANKumi. The map is a recreation of "The Wooden Calvary" from Shadow Dragon. Protip: Don't bring fliers. Here's the map taken from Shadow Dragon

I could've used the image from the remake but it was too small. The week after next, we get Witch's Trial which is a recreation of a Gaiden map. However, Fear Mountain, the location in question, isn't a chapter. Gaiden's chapters weren't traditional FE chapters. They were more like worlds in a Mario game. And because of this, i can't find a proper image of Fear Mountain. I'm actually playing Gaiden so when i get to Fear Mountain, i'll post a picture hopefully.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Do the character statues stats carry over to the main game and paralogues? An example being is that I have a statue that gives +1 Speed. Does that character get the free +1 Speed?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Do the character statues stats carry over to the main game and paralogues? An example being is that I have a statue that gives +1 Speed. Does that character get the free +1 Speed?
Yes.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Has anyone found anything good about the mechanist class outside of Replicate? I reclassed Saizo into it without thinking much about it, but now I'm regretting it. Having Yumi and Shuriken feels sorta redundant along with the fact that the stat buffs I got from promoting were honestly kind of middling. Golembane is useless so far as I've ever even seen an enemy mechanist, golem or puppet yet. And although Replicate is starting to serve me well... It just feels so wasted on this class. I'm probably gonna re-class Saizo at some point, but I wanted to hear if there's any redeeming qualities about Mechanists?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Woo I finally got back to where I was since I restarted Conquest, it took a really long time but it was worth it. Also my love for Peri grew 200x larger probably the first Fe character I've really been attached to tbh. Little bit of a weird question but where can I find her sprites? I want to put it in my signature but I can't find any that don't blow up way larger then they should.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Has anyone found anything good about the mechanist class outside of Replicate? I reclassed Saizo into it without thinking much about it, but now I'm regretting it. Having Yumi and Shuriken feels sorta redundant along with the fact that the stat buffs I got from promoting were honestly kind of middling. Golembane is useless so far as I've ever even seen an enemy mechanist, golem or puppet yet. And although Replicate is starting to serve me well... It just feels so wasted on this class. I'm probably gonna re-class Saizo at some point, but I wanted to hear if there's any redeeming qualities about Mechanists?
Their only benefit is being a mounted class with shurikens, really. Although they're sturdier and slower than Master Ninjas, as far as I know.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
There IS more to Camilla than just an unhealthy brother complex, but like Peri you have to get a certain support (Niles) to uncover her back story and understand the method behind the madness:

Basically back before where there was more Royal children fathered by Garon and many mistresses, who fought to have their child on the throne of their own advancement in power. This in turn caused the death of many of the children who's mothers used them as bait. Because of this Camilla never had the love of her mother who only saw her merely as a pawn to power, so she bonded with her surviving siblings and took on the role of the maternal figure they never had in their lives.

As for the avatar its explained in Niles' support (I would love to keep typing but I've got HW)

but she doesn't dote over Elise much at all. Heck, I don't think she even said anything in the chapter where Elise got sick.
Although she doesn't show much in the story, she shows a heck TON of it in their supports, along with Leo and Xander.

Idk why I typed all of this, I guess I'm too far in Nohr to disagree otherwise #ForTheGloryOfNohrBoyz

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There IS more to Camilla than just an unhealthy brother complex, but like Peri you have to get a certain support (Niles) to uncover her back story and understand the method behind the madness:

Basically back before where there was more Royal children fathered by Garon and many mistresses, who fought to have their child on the throne of their own advancement in power. This in turn caused the death of many of the children who's mothers used them as bait. Because of this Camilla never had the love of her mother who only saw her merely as a pawn to power, so she bonded with her surviving siblings and took on the role of the maternal figure they never had in their lives.

As for the avatar its explained in Niles' support (I would love to keep typing but I've got HW)

Although she doesn't show much in the story, she shows a heck TON of it in their supports, along with Leo and Xander.

Idk why I typed all of this, I guess I'm too far in Nohr to disagree otherwise #ForTheGloryOfNohrBoyz
Camilla is still...over caring for her family per say

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Camilla just wants to **** Corrin
Between her treating Corn like a child and treating the male and female versions the same way, I don't think that's the case.
I didn't say she didn't care about Elise at all, or that she wasn't developed at all, but she clearly has extreme favoritism issues. Even if she dotes over Elise, she's far, far more pushy about it with Corrin. It's not just favoritism - it's a flat out obsession.

Look at her Arthur supports, for instance. It wasn't about her wanting to get her feelings about the love for her siblings across - it was about how she wanted to get her love for Corrin across to him/her specifically.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So the Anna DLC map is the same map used in Awakening's paralouge 4: Anna the Merchant. It even has the same music. The only exception is that the treasure chests are gone.

Edit: There are also those character mini dialogues like in Boo Camp.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
The game will pick up on difficulty a little later on, but another thing is that a good chunk of maps are set up in a way that you could clear it very easily, or you can get added rewards (like items or good grinding opportunities) but it gives you more of a challenge when doing so. Chapter 12 is one example: you can easily clear the map in two turns, but there are chests to pick up around the middle and you have to go through a rather large amount of enemy units to get there.

Birthright also has a few annoying maps. Have you started Chapter 10 yet? That's one of them, though difficulty-wise, it is nowhere as hard as Conquest Chapter 10. As a heads up, make sure you use Azura for Chapter 10; you'll understand why when you reach turn 2.

I'm also a huge Hinoka fan as well, probably my favorite royal sibling after Takumi. Heck, she is one of the main reasons why I wanted to play Birthright first (I was moved when she broke down in Chapter 4 after reuniting with Corrin, and I find her devotion to him more appealing than Camilla's). I'm a fan of her retainers too, even if Azama is a jerk. Azama has the Brock eyes, and Setsuna looks cute and always sounds so relaxed. My favorite retainer duo would probably have to go to Hinata and Oboro though. They had a humorous introduction in Chapter 9, and their support conversations are pretty funny too.
Relevant
tumblr_o58dnl2VUR1uatpu1o1_1280.png
tumblr_o58dnl2VUR1uatpu1o2_1280.png
Artist: naotoosh

Also I wholeheartedly agree on Hinoka's devotion to Corrin more than Camilla's. Chp. 4 really hit hard for me as well(even though I joined Nohr first).

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Woo I finally got back to where I was since I restarted Conquest, it took a really long time but it was worth it. Also my love for Peri grew 200x larger probably the first Fe character I've really been attached to tbh. Little bit of a weird question but where can I find her sprites? I want to put it in my signature but I can't find any that don't blow up way larger then they should.

Here you go. Shouldn't be acting like they just got a Mario Mushroom.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
So I finally realized why my damage output with dragonstone on my avatar is so piss-poor... Took me forever to clue into the fact that it's a magic weapon... Which is silly. Magic is my worst stat. it's at like, 11. I wont be killing anything strong with the dragonstone any time soon.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
So I finally realized why my damage output with dragonstone on my avatar is so piss-poor... Took me forever to clue into the fact that it's a magic weapon... Which is silly. Magic is my worst stat. it's at like, 11. I wont be killing anything strong with the dragonstone any time soon.
To make matters even worse Hoshido Noble and Nohr Noble have terrible magical growth rates by default. Which is ridiculous considering both classes seem more focused on magical aspects then physical. Magic for the Nohr Noble caps out at 30 by default, and Dragonstone+ by itself is really not worth making MAG your asset. Also Hoshido Noble's magic is worse than Nohr's.

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
To make matters even worse Hoshido Noble and Nohr Noble have terrible magical growth rates by default. Which is ridiculous considering both classes seem more focused on magical aspects then physical. Magic for the Nohr Noble caps out at 30 by default, and Dragonstone+ by itself is really not worth making MAG your asset.
I just find it kinda odd that they put a lot off spotlight on the whole dragon blood and how you go wild early on, then when you can actually control this bada** new form... It's a cruddy weapon for your base class. Really what is even the point in having it be magical. Beaststones get to be physical. Draonstones USED to be physical.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I just find it kinda odd that they put a lot off spotlight on the whole dragon blood and how you go wild early on, then when you can actually control this bada** new form... It's a cruddy weapon for your base class. Really what is even the point in having it be magical. Beaststones get to be physical. Draonstones USED to be physical.
Honestly, IS tried to replicate Robin's success by having Corrin use sword/tomes&Dragonstones to make him/her even better. But they were so heavily focused on making sure not a single thing was considered really good except the legendary weapons(even then Ragnell got a heavy nerf) that the Dragonstone+ just get's outclassed by pretty much many other weapons. What's worse is that Corrin can't even attack from a distance which feels like something that should happen(you know, Torrential Roar...?). Overall, it's like the Grandmaster debacle all over again, except this Grandmaster isn't all that great period.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I always make Corrin's boon magic, so I've gotten a lot of usage out of my dragon stone.
Just note that it's primary purpose isn't dishing out damage - it's tanking hits. That defense boost can be really useful. It gets even better with the Dragonstone+, which boost defense by a ridiculous total of 9 points.

With a magic boon, I've also had it do over 40 damage to Golems without the use of any damage boosting skills.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I don't have a problem with the dragonstones being magical. I used it as a defensive weapon, and I found it beneficial that Corrin wouldn't double or kill anything when I wanted him to tank a group of enemies. I'm sure pretty much any long time fan of the series has their share of stories of when they've sent in someone to tank a group of enemies, but the character ended up dying because they kept killing the enemies, rather than having the enemies clog up behind each other without being able to attack. With it, Corrin doesn't have to worry about weapon advantages, or other things like that, so he can make for a stellar tank to activate a group of enemies.

Top Bottom