• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Any tips on Hidden Truths 1? I find it unfair that you only have 3 unitswith only 2 healing items and you have to rout 30 enemes with reinforcements.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm slowly powering through Conquest Lunatic/Classic myself. Buying skills online is definitely a huge help, but it's balanced better than I thought it'd be, 'cause I quickly found myself running out of cash once I started doing that and have been struggling to stay on top of my spending. There's even a few skills I found myself regretting to have bought. Rend Heaven is good and all, but since it's chance based, I can't depend on it when it really matters.

Having Movement+1 on Azura and Replicate on Corn is definitely a huge help though. In fact my strategy for Chapter 10 wouldn't of worked without Replicate.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Forget what i said about Hidden Truths 1. I beat it.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Welp, I finally beat chapter 23 on lunatic, I lost camilla in the process, but I'd rather go on without her than spend two more hours on that bullsh*t chapter. On the bright side, Velouria one rounded Taco Meat, he activated Rend Heaven but missed (I have a feeling that probably would have one-hit killed her).Now to do an even harder one; chapter 24. Looking around, it doesn't seem THAT bad, Setsuna has sword breaker, Falcon Knights with 11 move and Pass, Kinshi Knights with bowbreaker, typical lunatic stuff, but then I came across this horror

That's right, you're not seeing this incorrectly, TWO HEXING RODS. WITH COUNTER AND RENEWAL. I mean, Azama is an asshole, but this is just rediculous. I wouldn't be surprised if Miracle causes problems as well. I need to take a break from this game, Justice can prevail some other time.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I got the Fell Brand and was about to make Ophelia a Grandmaster. Then i remembered Grandmasters are male exclusive. But why? Grandmaster was a available for both genders in Awakening.

ikutocorrin

Smash Cadet
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
NNID
eikuto
I pretty much avoid Lunatic mode. I don't think I'm good enough at the game to even attempt it.
I wasn't even good enough for Normal Mode.... I had to restart the game because I spent well over 8 hours of game-play trying to beat Chapter 10, and couldn't. I proved to be the scrub of scrub of Fire Emblem: Fates. But on the flip side, I started the game over, but this time went to Hard Mode, seeing how I have a better grasp and handle on the game than I did the first time around. I'm just going to make sure I have proper Equipment, Levels, and Characters by the time I reach that Chapter again. Lunatic Mode is definitely not something I can say I'm ready for at the moment, gotta beat the game at least once before I can confidently tackle that!

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Lunatic Mode is definitely not something I can say I'm ready for at the moment, gotta beat the game at least once before I can confidently tackle that!
I wouldn't recommend Lunatic, even if you have beaten the game on hard. Chapters 7 through 20 on Lunatic aren't that much harder than they were on hard mode (they don't boost enemy stats between Hard and Lunatic, they just change enemy formations, and other minor adjustments that make the chapter harder) But once you get to around chapter 21, the game REALLY starts to dial it up a notch on difficulty, regardless of what difficulty setting you're playing on. But on lunatic, it's especially painful.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't even good enough for Normal Mode.... I had to restart the game because I spent well over 8 hours of game-play trying to beat Chapter 10, and couldn't. I proved to be the scrub of scrub of Fire Emblem: Fates. But on the flip side, I started the game over, but this time went to Hard Mode, seeing how I have a better grasp and handle on the game than I did the first time around. I'm just going to make sure I have proper Equipment, Levels, and Characters by the time I reach that Chapter again. Lunatic Mode is definitely not something I can say I'm ready for at the moment, gotta beat the game at least once before I can confidently tackle that!
I'm assuming you're talking about Chapter 10 on Conquest, right? Because yeah that chapter was a doozy.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I reclassed Leo to Grandmaster. It seemed fitting since he is the smart guy. Also, the 4th Dragon Vein in Hidden Truths 2 is a massive ****. It brings you closer to the escape zone but it also spawns like 15 enemies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I got the Fell Brand and was about to make Ophelia a Grandmaster. Then i remembered Grandmasters are male exclusive. But why? Grandmaster was a available for both genders in Awakening.
Well, I imagine it's because they didn't originally intend for the class to be DLC. It's probably the same reason Great Lord is genderlocked - they made it solely for the amiibo and later decided to make it accessible because wynaut.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, I imagine it's because they didn't originally intend for the class to be DLC. It's probably the same reason Great Lord is genderlocked - they made it solely for the amiibo and later decided to make it accessible because wynaut.
Yeah but even then, they should've thought "hey, we're making Grandmaster a DLC class. Since it was accessible to both genders in Awakening, let's do the same in Fates." Now for Great Lord, its more acceptable since Great Lord>Lodestar so i imagine if Great Lord was available for both genders, then people would pick that over Lodestar and Lodestar would become a forgotten class. Vanguard, Lodestar and Witch are the only classes that make sense for it to be gender-locked.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Beat Revelations today. Remembering my strategy with Birthright, I decided to just try rushing the Ch. 27 boss in one turn. That worked... lol. A little disappointed in that. Then the Endgame seemed really easy too. Might now replay Conquest on hard, so that my player card is all silver.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Beat Revelations today. Remembering my strategy with Birthright, I decided to just try rushing the Ch. 27 boss in one turn. That worked... lol. A little disappointed in that. Then the Endgame seemed really easy too. Might now replay Conquest on hard, so that my player card is all silver.
Easy is good
That's true. I'm definitely persistent. I'm gonna keep at it until its conquered!
Lead yourself to victory

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel

Artist: terrifiedmouse

Close to beating Conquest, wondering if he's like this in Birthright too.

Last edited:

ikutocorrin

Smash Cadet
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
NNID
eikuto
I wouldn't recommend Lunatic, even if you have beaten the game on hard. Chapters 7 through 20 on Lunatic aren't that much harder than they were on hard mode (they don't boost enemy stats between Hard and Lunatic, they just change enemy formations, and other minor adjustments that make the chapter harder) But once you get to around chapter 21, the game REALLY starts to dial it up a notch on difficulty, regardless of what difficulty setting you're playing on. But on lunatic, it's especially painful.
I kind of want to play through all the Fates on each mode just to say that I've beaten all the modes. I just didn't expect the game to be as hard as it was *beginning in Chapter 10*. I think it had to do with not having enough allies with me by the time I reached that part. I only had Effie with me. I watched someone play Chapter 10 on YouTube and he had a lot more allies with him than just Effie, and because I could not go back and fix that, I just decided to restart and play the game more carefully this time around. Hard more is exceptionally more difficult than Normal was seeing how on Normal I never really got any Game Overs until Chapter 10, but on Hard Mode, I've gotten at least 4, and I'm only on Chapter 4 presently.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I've heard Horror stories about it. I've heard that the maids on that map have staff savant (Skill that makes it so you can't expend uses on staves) and Hexing Rods(cuts your HP in half for the rest of the battle, tldr; makes it so that unit is completely and utterly worthless for the rest of the battle). And Enfeeble stacking debuffs.
Honestly, the Maid and Grand Master having Staff Savant is more or less a non-issue, if that's true. Because you don't have the liberty of waiting around to expend their staves anyway even on Hard, much less Lunatic. You've gotta go-go-go and crush the boss ASAP.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Yeah, Revelation Endgame was relatively easy even on Hard (although i may have grinded while recruiting the children so that's probably why). The fact that the boss has 4 HP bars in total is intimidating but its not that bad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, Revelation Endgame was relatively easy even on Hard (although i may have grinded while recruiting the children so that's probably why). The fact that the boss has 4 HP bars in total is intimidating but its not that bad.
4 health bars...just 4 ****ing health bars? Should've gotten that path instead of either Birthright or Conquest.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Close to beating Conquest, wondering if he's like this in Birthright too.
I bet he is
I can tell you that Takumi doesn't go around calling Nohrians "Nohrian scum" in Birthright. There are moments where he almost acts like that, but Takumi doesn't act that racist in Birthright. In fact, he's a very likable character in that route (and even I will admit I'm in the late game of Conquest, and I don't hate him at all).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
4 health bars...just 4 ****ing health bars? Should've gotten that path instead of either Birthright or Conquest.
By 4 HP bars, i meant full HP bars. His hands have 61 HP while his head and orb thing have 80 HP..

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
By 4 HP bars, i meant full HP bars. His hands have 61 HP while his head and orb thing have 80 HP..
That makes more sense
I can tell you that Takumi doesn't go around calling Nohrians "Nohrian scum" in Birthright. There are moments where he almost acts like that, but Takumi doesn't act that racist in Birthright. In fact, he's a very likable character in that route (and even I will admit I'm in the late game of Conquest, and I don't hate him at all).
Aw

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Has anybody noticed how similar the Kingdom of Valla symbol and the Jedi Knight symbol look? Here, i'll show you
Valla

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So should I beat all three routes before starting hidden truths? I don't want to spoil anything.
Yes, you should beat all three routes before Hidden Truths.
The DLC contains, well, Hidden Truths. If you play Hidden Truths before Revelation (which you should play after beating both Birthright and Conquest), you will get spoiled about important plot details from Revelation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Has anybody noticed how similar the Kingdom of Valla symbol and the Jedi Knight symbol look? Here, i'll show you
Valla

And there was another sign that look like the Fire Nation logo(thinking it's the Conquest one)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
While we're on that topic, doesn't the Hoshidan crest look like the symbol for Pokemon Sun?

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Then again, Male Robin is the default one in Smash, and and the characters are hinted of coming from there instead of their native games. I mean, if Robin came from Awakening, he would be whatever birdician you last played as, right?

Also, a Vanguard fighting someone with Rend Heaven can lead to salt, if Serenes Forest is to be believed.

Now, for a little PSA: if you play on Casual, have one of your units defeat a boss on Vanguard Dawn then die while having the skill book, s/he will still have the skill book.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I know you guys are having that heated conversation about the game I wish I had, but I was having my first few For Shame matches with Kamui and the strangest thing happened.... twice.
In a single game, I lost the first stock when I got knocked offstage and for some reason the Up B just didn't come out to save me.
K....
Then when we were both down to last stock I got knocked offstage again and timed a Counter Surge but was again left without Up B and fell to my death as my opponent was busy getting star KO'ed.... and winning.
I thought that was some Counter Surge shenanigan, but again, that kinda happened in the first stock too, so I have no idea.
I also noticed that I didn't have the second jump in both situations, but I'm not suuuuure if I had already used it or not on those situations, so I will leave that as that.
Did ANYONE ever experienced something like that EVER?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unrelated, but Wrestlemania has been great so far

Arrei

Smash Lord
I know you guys are having that heated conversation about the game I wish I had, but I was having my first few For Shame matches with Kamui and the strangest thing happened.... twice.
In a single game, I lost the first stock when I got knocked offstage and for some reason the Up B just didn't come out to save me.
K....
Then when we were both down to last stock I got knocked offstage again and timed a Counter Surge but was again left without Up B and fell to my death as my opponent was busy getting star KO'ed.... and winning.
I thought that was some Counter Surge shenanigan, but again, that kinda happened in the first stock too, so I have no idea.
I also noticed that I didn't have the second jump in both situations, but I'm not suuuuure if I had already used it or not on those situations, so I will leave that as that.
Did ANYONE ever experienced something like that EVER?
Best I can assume is that you were misinputting Side B instead, and had used Dragon Lunge already without touching the ground so nothing happened.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
So after playing Fates for 2+ weeks I decided to play on For Glory...

Now...

I'm so bad after 2+ weeks that I'll play this kind of Smash

Last edited:
Top Bottom