• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Wait, but if you went an entire battle without inflicting enemy casualties, wouldn't the near-total lack of EXP hurt you severely in the long run? Especially in Conquest, where opportunities to gain it are finite?

And I've been hearing talk that Felicia and Jakob might actually level all the way to 40 even though they're prepromotes? Have I just been hearing things? Or can I freely use Felicia without worrying about her hitting her cap too early? At least she isn't hogging EXP; she's gaining it at practically the same rate as the first tier units...
I'm not sure what the level cap is for Butlers/Maids, but it isn't 20. I had a Master Seal all ready to go on Jakob and then he just... sorta kept going, lol. XD

I had a pretty good play session last night. Decided I would go for recruiting Dwyer and Selkie, so I started support grinding their parents (going with Jakob x Setsuna and Kaden x Hinoka). I finally finished the support chain between Femui and Rhajat; feelings were mixed. I laughed a little bit, and it was sliiiiightly endearing? But mostly it was just rushed, as with most S supports. I guess I can't complain too much since the support seems to have been given about the same amount of attention as any other, and it's at least a step in the right direction that it exists.

The most epic moment was by far the precursor chapter to Kamui getting hitched. It was the one where you meet Flora again and fight Iago, and I managed to set Kamui up to deliver the finishing blow on him and gain the EXP needed to hit level 20. Pretty awesome timing, gotta say. :b

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm not sure what the level cap is for Butlers/Maids, but it isn't 20. I had a Master Seal all ready to go on Jakob and then he just... sorta kept going, lol. XD

I had a pretty good play session last night. Decided I would go for recruiting Dwyer and Selkie, so I started support grinding their parents (going with Jakob x Setsuna and Kaden x Hinoka). I finally finished the support chain between Femui and Rhajat; feelings were mixed. I laughed a little bit, and it was sliiiiightly endearing? But mostly it was just rushed, as with most S supports. I guess I can't complain too much since the support seems to have been given about the same amount of attention as any other, and it's at least a step in the right direction that it exists.

The most epic moment was by far the precursor chapter to Kamui getting hitched. It was the one where you meet Flora again and fight Iago, and I managed to set Kamui up to deliver the finishing blow on him and gain the EXP needed to hit level 20. Pretty awesome timing, gotta say. :b
I don't know if it's all maids and butlers or just Felicia and Jakob but they have a 40 cap because maids/butlers are normally a promoted unit.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I constantly heard about how "bad" Rinkah was before the game came out, but decided to use her in my Birthright run anyway.
And she is so not bad it's not even funny. Super tanky, most enemies can't even hit her, but when they do, it's 0% damage, she's popping off good 20-25%+ damage with every hit and doubling on most turns, 20% increased critical rate (took out Flora at the end of chapter 17 in a single hit), top-tier waifu. Don't know if I was just RNG-blessed, but she is one of the most powerful, reliable characters I have. "Rinkah sucks" my arse.

Meanwhile, Charlotte in Conquest can't hit the broad side of a barn. Sigh.

Gunter's English VA is just...ugh. He sounds AWFUL. One of the few English VAs that I actively dislike.

Takumi is much more likeable in Birthright, but I hate him so much in Conquest, it almost doesn't matter.

And everyone talks about how hard Conquest Chapter 10 is, but I beat it in 2 tries. Chapters 18 and 20, though? Those two are *******.

Flora's death in Birthright has got to be one of the most pointless deaths ever. No lasting damage has been done to our heroes and they are offering to let her join with open arms, but she's just like, "Imma light myself on fire, right in front of you all and traumatize my friends and sister!" and everyone else is like, "K den."

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Wait, but if you went an entire battle without inflicting enemy casualties, wouldn't the near-total lack of EXP hurt you severely in the long run? Especially in Conquest, where opportunities to gain it are finite?

And I've been hearing talk that Felicia and Jakob might actually level all the way to 40 even though they're prepromotes? Have I just been hearing things? Or can I freely use Felicia without worrying about her hitting her cap too early? At least she isn't hogging EXP; she's gaining it at practically the same rate as the first tier units...
You heard right, Felicia and Jakob seem to already have their maximum level extended a fair amount without the need for Eternal Seals. (If you don't know, an Eternal Seal extends a level capped unit's level by 5, potentially without limit.) They were hovering in the 30s as a Great Knight and Strategist when I completed Birthright. On top of that, their internal level starts at 1 too unlike all previous Jagens/Oifeys, so that's why they gain EXP like unpromoted units. The same goes for a certain someone from Conquest Ch. 15, but he still seems to have the archetypically bad growth rates of a normal Jagen.

Gunter's English VA is just...ugh. He sounds AWFUL. One of the few English VAs that I actively dislike.
I, on the other hand, love D.C. Douglas' voice. It's definitely got that sternness to it befitting Gunter. I'm just not sure it's really old-sounding enough for him.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
You heard right, Felicia and Jakob seem to already have their maximum level extended a fair amount without the need for Eternal Seals. (If you don't know, an Eternal Seal extends a level capped unit's level by 5, potentially without limit.) They were hovering in the 30s as a Great Knight and Strategist when I completed Birthright. On top of that, their internal level starts at 1 too unlike all previous Jagens/Oifeys, so that's why they gain EXP like unpromoted units. The same goes for a certain someone from Conquest Ch. 15, but he still seems to have the archetypically bad growth rates of a normal Jagen.

I, on the other hand, love D.C. Douglas' voice. It's definitely got that sternness to it befitting Gunter. I'm just not sure it's really old-sounding enough for him.
I have nothing against DC Douglas, but I'm not sure he was the best choice for Gunter. He sounds condescending, sometimes, even yells at his partner and calls them a child in one of his Guard Stance quotes. Just seems kind of un-Gunterish.

I do love his over the top "WOOOOAH" when he gets hit or activates Guard Stance, though.

Nah

Smash Champion
The most epic moment was by far the precursor chapter to Kamui getting hitched.
So, wait, is Fates like Awakening where Chrom marries as part of the story or....? I've only cleared the first 5 chapters so far.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Hmm, I haven't used Benny at all. Took one look at his 6 Speed and /noped away.

Conquest seems to give us hardier units over Birthright's speedier ones, so I haven't exactly been lacking tanks so far.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Stage 11 down! But more importantly, Arthur and Effie got hitched! Paralogue time!

Arthur is a gift to humanity.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just did the Shura chapter in Conquest. Xnder was a godsend. He was the last character remaining and fiund and defeated Shura at 1 hp.

Also Shura's level is much more useable in Conquest since he's like level 2 adventurer instead of 10 in Birthright.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pro tip for Ch.12. Don't fight Ryoma. Just head straight for the exit. Unlock one of the doors on the left or right side of the map. That way, you won't get swarmed by enemies. As for "you won the battle with zero casualties", that's one of the ways Corrin is trying to change Nohr. By showing that Nohr isn't just a bunch of killers.
Don't fight Ryoma? I didn't side with Nohr just so I could be a coward!

Nah, seriously though, I always go for the kill when there is an optional boss if I feel its in my capabilities, especially if they have a rare item. The only reason I lost was because the RNGoddess decided to troll me again.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I didn't lose Ch. 12, but I had to abandon my plans and make a rush for the exit because of something I KNEW was going to happen. I had Corrin poised to fight Ryoma, with a full Guard Gauge ready to absorb a hit, then either decide to escape the next turn or try to bum rush him to victory. But I had to get the chest in the left room, because it contained an Armorslayer and my Knight-slaying weapons won the day in my Birthright run. The room's blocked by a poison jar, and as I attacked it, I thought to myself, "I bet this is a Freeze jar", because that would entirely ruin my plans for the next turn, since Corrin would then be stuck in front of Ryoma with no guard gauge and no one else would be able to move to attack Ryoma.

It was a Freeze jar.

Also, is Shura always the same disguised soldier, or is it random, or is it always the last soldier you talk to?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just for those who played birthright, how are oboro's supports?
I heard that Oboro makes a really good wife with most units. I paired her with her crush, Takumi, and they are among my best units at the moment; they both enjoy each other's bonuses, not to mention they'll have a pretty solid Kisaragi. Their support conversations are also enjoyable to watch as you see it's one of the best moments of Takumi's kindness., not to mention that their S-support is really sweet. I can't elaborate it on it too much, but here's a link to their support conversations in case you are interested.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Don't fight Ryoma? I didn't side with Nohr just so I could be a coward!

Nah, seriously though, I always go for the kill when there is an optional boss if I feel its in my capabilities, especially if they have a rare item. The only reason I lost was because the RNGoddess decided to troll me again.
Normally, i do that as well. I wanted to fight Ryoma for some nice EXP. After the 20th time playing the chapter, i was finally at the exit and Ryoma within attack range. And then Ephraim's famous words came to me: "I don't pick fights i can't win". I knew RNG was gonna give me the finger and have Ryoma get a critical hit on one of my units. So i just escaped the map.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Ah yes. That other Conquest chapter I heard so much about. How ****** am I?
its not that bad unless your general gets locked behind them.
Benny and Camilla? Interesting pairing.
It worked out in the end because he's dopey enough for her while still looking terrifying

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I think my mom said she will pay for download birthright since I have half of the money already! Hype?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord

Does anyone get the reference? lol
Not at all. I named my Kana's lance Rawr and Nina's boy Eponine. I ain't creative. I name my Camillas axe Peggy Protect, my female main character. Also one las thing, how is Azama. I have been hyped for him when I saw his growths

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not at all. I named my Kana's lance Rawr and Nina's boy Eponine. I ain't creative. I name my Camillas axe Peggy Protect, my female main character. Also one las thing, how is Azama. I have been hyped for him when I saw his growths

It's an Elton John song.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also one las thing, how is Azama. I have been hyped for him when I saw his growths
I'm not sure about how good he is in battle, but personality wise, he's a huge jerk. It got to the point where Sakura yelled and slapped him. You know your a terrible person when Sakura of all people slaps you.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I think I have all of my Conquest pairings figured out now.
Jakob x Elise
Kaze x Mozu
Azura x Niles
Silas x Selena
Arthur x Nyx
F!Corrin x Odin
Laslow x Beruka
Benny x Effie
Leo x Felicia
Keaton x Camilla
Xander X Peri
I'm just hoping that none of the children get stat screwed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think I have all of my Conquest pairings figured out now.
Jakob x Elise
Kaze x Mozu
Azura x Niles
Silas x Selena
Arthur x Nyx
F!Corrin x Odin
Laslow x Beruka
Benny x Effie
Leo x Felicia
Keaton x Camilla
Xander X Peri
I'm just hoping that none of the children get stat screwed.
Odin is who I'd marry if I played as a female Corrin also.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
My Nohr pairings:

Corrin x Silas
Azura x Kaze
Jakob x Camilla
Arthur x Charlotte
Odin x Elise
Niles x Effie
Laslow x Peri
Benny x Beruka
Leo x Felicia
Keaton x Nyx
Xander x Selena

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well I just got the Hero Brand and the Exalt's Brand. Who should I consider giving them to in the future?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well I just got the Hero Brand and the Exalt's Brand. Who should I consider giving them to in the future?
I gave the Hero's Brand to Laslow. Because Laslow is a dancer and Lodestars learn Dancing Blade. I haven't used the Exalt's Brand yet. Maybe i should give it to Azura, and do the EXP DLC so that she can learn Aether.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm kind of tempted to use the Hero Brand on Ike, just because.

Okay, so I knew that Shura was a former ninja and now a thief, but no one ever told me that he was also a pirate.

There's a ninja-pirate hybrid in Fire Emblem now. And he's playable. My life is complete.

Top Bottom