• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
If you want to feel confused, remember that Yoshi's Wooly World came out in Europe a month before Japan and four months before America.

Unrelated question: Is the cover art for the game box that comes with the Special Edition double sided so you can have either Birthright or Conquest? Every image I can find seems to only show Birthright, and I think that would be a bit odd.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Oh hey the new DLC maps are available.

Edit: EXP GRINDING DLC MAP WORKS IN CONQUEST!!!!!!!!
I can't get it sadly because i am too busy playing birth- oh wait I don't have it because it is not here yet but some other stuff is

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So apparently, Azura is the only candidate I have so far that I would like to have an S support with. And why does Corrin have an S support with Sakura? I thought they're brother and sister?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
And why does Corrin have an S support with Sakura? I thought they're brother and sister?
*Ahem*
Corrin is the Hoshdian siblings step-sibling. Sakura, Takumi and Corrin were already born when Mikoto married into the Hoshido royal family.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Wait... why is Elise there? Corrin I can understand if he marries Lissa's grandchild but why Elise? Unless your throwing out the cute healer type character relation.

Nah

Smash Champion
Wait... why is Elise there? Corrin I can understand if he marries Lissa's grandchild but why Elise? Unless your throwing out the cute healer type character relation.
It's that Owain (Lissa's son)+Elise=Ophelia

Ophelia (now Lissa's grandaughter)+:4corrin:=Kana (now Lissa's great-grandaughter)

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Hi Corrin board. I just completed Birthright chapter 23 on my no grind run and Dear Lord in Heaven was that hard. I had to reset like four times before I finally managed to have someone not die on the second turn. Birthright's definitely getting harder late game after the easy midgame. Never had a battle that tough in Awakening (outside of maybe child paralogues).

Game is awesome. Everything barring the plot is top notch. Especially the soundtrack.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Game, i'm not ready for this! Also, my microphone doesn't always work!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Armagon Armagon I'm not gonna opening that up since the story so far has convinced me enough to play Revelations. I originally had no intention on playing through the third route but then I got rather curious.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Guys, i realized something: Azura was born on March 3rd. March represents the Zodiac sign Pisces, which evokes the element of water. Azura was born on the third day of the third month.
Revelation is the only path where Azura lives. Revelation is the third path.
Coincidence? I think not. Born on the third day of the third month and the thing i said in the spoiler tag. Three 3s. A triangle has 3 sides. Illuminati confirmed.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Unrelated question: Is the cover art for the game box that comes with the Special Edition double sided so you can have either Birthright or Conquest? Every image I can find seems to only show Birthright, and I think that would be a bit odd.
Yes, the front is the cover for birthright and the back is the cover for conquest.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's a challenge to make a 12 lettered name for a spell for Odin... But I did it and it kinda sounds cool, maybe?

Arrei

Smash Lord
I turned Jakob into a Great Knight after level 15 so he could get Luna and he ended up being one of my tanks for the latter half of Birthright. I had Kagero for chucking shurikens. Her strength growth is nuts.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Took care of Chapters 17 and 18 of Birthright yesterday. Hoo boy, two very memorable chapters, and as always, information about said chapters in the following spoiler tags. I'm splitting them into two this time because oh boy there's a lot to talk about.

Going into Chapter 17, Corrin has the suspicion that there could be a second "traitor" among them after Iago tells him that Corrin himself is the traitor that allowed him and his army to easily be spotted. Well, in that regard, looks like Flora was that second traitor. Snap. The fact that she wants to kill Corrin but not Felicia was pretty cold too (pun intended).

Anyway, I was shocked at first that Felicia was the only enemy unit in the beginning. That changed when I visited the first house. The villager gives me nothing, and I mean nothing. But then... enemy units arrive. I take care of most of them, and visit the next house... same thing happens.

That being said, I'm going to give a huge tip for those that plan on playing Birthright: The map is largely a semicircle where you need to start at the bottom right and you'll need to work your way to the other side. It is empty minus Flora as the boss, and there are five houses total. Do not visit the houses except for the one in the very middle. The villager in the middle house will give you 10000G. Everyone else will simply give you nothing, freak out, and summon more enemy units. Flora sends several units of her own near her at around turn 3-4 though. If you want a challenge though, then by all means visit each house. Just know that you've been warned

While I figured out the gimmick after the second house and learned about the third house, I decided to challenge myself and visit the two remaining houses. I guess getting extra experience payed off.

This next bit I'm about to discuss has even bigger spoilers about what happens after you beat Flora. Going to enclose it with another spoilers tag since it's pretty... shocking.
After you beat Flora, she reveals that she had to do what was necessary because Garon threatened to wipe out her and all the Ice Tribe. Feeling ashamed about what just happened, she does the unthinkable...

She sets herself on fire and dies... right in front of FELICIA, Corrin, and Jakob.

Ok, I will admit Flora's death was one of the few events from Fire Emblem Fates that I spoiled myself about in advance, but I never spoiled myself the context of the specific events leading up to it. Still, seeing this happen while playing the game firsthand made me feel emotionally empty (Even Corrin breaks down in tears watching what happens), especially watching Felicia's reaction. Poor Felicia. In the next chapter, when she mentions that she and Flora visited the forest to camp when they were young, she breaks down in tears remembering Flora.

Easily my favorite chapter in Birthright thus far. The buildup to the showdown was epic and bone-chilling from beginning to end. For those that don't know, this is the chapter where you battle Leo, and holy cow his introduction was perfect. Fooling around with Corrin and the gang with Faceless acting differently than usual in a dark forest setting (insert Shrek joke here)... and then his cutscene plays. You know what I'm talking about.

"Nohrian Law is blunt on the subject of traitors. There is only one punishment... The sentence is death!"

That line... sends chills down my spine. Takumi even snaps out Leo by calling him a "something something bookworm" (don't remember what the first two words were, but they were pretty harsh), and then Leo responds by calling Takumi "a coward who shoots arrows." You could really sense the intense rivalry between the two, but this isn't even the most intense part...

For all those skipping Birthright, this is what you all are missing out on:

Never did I expect Leo to carry such deep hatred towards Corrin; here Leo drops those lines made me gasp and go wide-eyed. Corrin responds if Leo really meant what he said, to which Leo replies "I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of answering that." Following that, the battle begins.

It's a really small map for a late-game chapter, but good lord there are Faceless everywhere. Leo will even activate Dragon's Vein to awaken more Faceless and create more marshes that will damage any Hoshido units that stand over it. It wasn't until turns 5-7ish when I realized that the Faceless were being infinitely summoned (a remember the second to last turn right before I KOd Leo, there was a huge influx of Faceless all of a sudden, and that made me realize I had to take out Leo soon.

Before going for Leo, I did manage to get one of his retainers, Niles. First time I encounter this guy, and his opening line is a meme. Don't believe me, here you go:

After reading that line, I can't wait to see more of Niles when I play Conquest.

Don't worry about Kagero. She survived Niles and a sudden group of Faceless shortly after the attack. I had Ryoma finish Niles off.

Thanks to Hinoka, I also took care of Odin right before taking out Leo just for the sake of it. I then had Corrin land the killing blow to Leo; I was debating on having Takumi do it instead to counteract Leo's "coward" line, but I thought, "Eh, let's go the classic hero route and have myself finish the job."

Following the battle, things get even more interesting. Leo is at the perfect opportunity to be executed by Corrin, but after talking things out, that doesn't happen, and Leo reveals this:

Damn Leo, you are quite the deceiver, you know that! Here I was being absolutely shocked that you carried such deep hatred against Corrin that made the entire battle feel intense from beginning to end, and then you lifted that heavy load off my chest with that statement.

Well, he tells Corrin to visit the Rainbow Sage so that he (Corrin) can get help in defeating Xander, and he even gives you free teleportation to the Rainbow Sage's location.

Overall, fantastic chapter! Can't wait to see what the next few chapters have in store for me, though I think I'll hold for a bit and take care of the Paralogues, not to mention that I won't be able to play again until Sunday evening as I'll be away for the weekend.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Oh my god, I keep doing so terribad with Corrin in tournaments. I just don't get it when they say this character is "broken", OP or whatever. Never had I had to think so much with a character only to do so bad with them. Either that, or Corrin players just aren't very successful in my scene.

It sounds like I'm complaining about my character, but it's actually more of a rant about my poor performance, really. I've been going all-Corrin even in friendlies, so it's not like I'm not putting in the work.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Moments after I made my last post in this thread yesterday, my mom came home with Conquest. I've been playing it nonstop since.

I just played chapter where you have the choice to fight Ryoma or escape. I was just about to defeat Ryoma by having Felicia weaken him with a dagger, than have Corrin, Effie, and Dual Club Camilla go in for the kill.

Of course he got a BS 5% critical hit and killed Felicia, because that always happens when you're about to clear a level.
It almost makes me regret playing Classic mode.
I hope they knock off this "you won the battle with zero casualties!" BS and have some real battles after a while. It's very bizarre for a FE game to be doing that after its long history of permadeath.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Moments after I made my last post in this thread yesterday, my mom came home with Conquest. I've been playing it nonstop since.

I just played chapter where you have the choice to fight Ryoma or escape. I was just about to defeat Ryoma by having Felicia weaken him with a dagger, than have Corrin, Effie, and Dual Club Camilla go in for the kill.

Of course he got a BS 5% critical hit and killed Felicia, because that always happens when you're about to clear a level.
It almost makes me regret playing Classic mode.
I hope they knock off this "you won the battle with zero casualties!" BS and have some real battles after a while. It's very bizarre for a FE game to be doing that after its long history of permadeath.
Pro tip for Ch.12. Don't fight Ryoma. Just head straight for the exit. Unlock one of the doors on the left or right side of the map. That way, you won't get swarmed by enemies. As for "you won the battle with zero casualties", that's one of the ways Corrin is trying to change Nohr. By showing that Nohr isn't just a bunch of killers.
Of course, this doesn't always work as sometimes the enemy soldiers he spared were killed by Nohrian generals.
The last time i saw them mention the "you won the battle with zero casualties" was in Ch.13. I'm not sure if Corrin was forced to actually kill in later chapters. I think he is being forced.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wait, but if you went an entire battle without inflicting enemy casualties, wouldn't the near-total lack of EXP hurt you severely in the long run? Especially in Conquest, where opportunities to gain it are finite?

And I've been hearing talk that Felicia and Jakob might actually level all the way to 40 even though they're prepromotes? Have I just been hearing things? Or can I freely use Felicia without worrying about her hitting her cap too early? At least she isn't hogging EXP; she's gaining it at practically the same rate as the first tier units...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Wait, but if you went an entire battle without inflicting enemy casualties, wouldn't the near-total lack of EXP hurt you severely in the long run? Especially in Conquest, where opportunities to gain it are finite?

And I've been hearing talk that Felicia and Jakob might actually level all the way to 40 even though they're prepromotes? Have I just been hearing things? Or can I freely use Felicia without worrying about her hitting her cap too early? At least she isn't hogging EXP; she's gaining it at practically the same rate as the first tier units...
Story wise, Corrin doesn't kill enemy soldiers in Conquest. He also orders his party not to kill either. But the last time this was mentioned was in Ch.13.

Last edited:
Top Bottom