• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Can we take a moment to appreciate this godly Nohrian piece?
#NohrForLife
All the music in Conquest was goddamn amazing. Also, I finally finished Conquest last night, and just started Birthright. Going to post my *highly* spoilerific thoughts below:

First of all, Normal/Classic was the right choice. Playing the game like that made it feel like playing a Tellius game, more akin to PoR on Normal, which is still a significant challenge. It also forced me to learn the new mechanics, instead of trying to steamroll them.

Secondly, I actually thought the storytelling was great, even though I'd heard Birthright does a better job. I look forward to seeing how, but either way Conquest was a significant step up from Awakening in that regard. Corrin is actually a believable protagonist, and frequently gets punished for his/her failings, and the terrible things they're forced to do after siding with Nohr continue to stack onto them. People need to stop using the term "self-insert" or "mary sue" because these things don't describe Corrin at all. Azura is a bit of a Mary Sue, but even then that's debatable.

Ryoma's death made me feel worse than Hitler. And anything Hans did. That piece of ****.

At least major character deaths are actually meaningful this time, though...

The characters were great, and the game felt excellent. My only complaint is that it's excessively punishing at times, and I didn't have quite enough time to get all my ships done. This was probably intentional design though.

I want to find whoever made it so you can't save between the "final" boss and the actual final boss though and slap them. While it felt good to actually succeed, and the heroic sacrifices I had to make to get through the final map felt worth it, it was extremely punishing to have to do two maps over again, especially ones that difficult. It doesn't help I had several pair-up carries and had to take fewer units to the penultimate mission because of spawn points causing unwated unavoidable deaths.

The song on the final boss map makes up for it though, jayzus. <3

Still, it was an amazing experience and I loved almost everything about it. Really looking forward to experiencing all the cool new Hoshido classes for myself.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
All the music in Conquest was goddamn amazing. Also, I finally finished Conquest last night, and just started Birthright. Going to post my *highly* spoilerific thoughts below:

First of all, Normal/Classic was the right choice. Playing the game like that made it feel like playing a Tellius game, more akin to PoR on Normal, which is still a significant challenge. It also forced me to learn the new mechanics, instead of trying to steamroll them.

Secondly, I actually thought the storytelling was great, even though I'd heard Birthright does a better job. I look forward to seeing how, but either way Conquest was a significant step up from Awakening in that regard. Corrin is actually a believable protagonist, and frequently gets punished for his/her failings, and the terrible things they're forced to do after siding with Nohr continue to stack onto them. People need to stop using the term "self-insert" or "mary sue" because these things don't describe Corrin at all. Azura is a bit of a Mary Sue, but even then that's debatable.

Ryoma's death made me feel worse than Hitler. And anything Hans did. That piece of ****.

At least major character deaths are actually meaningful this time, though...

The characters were great, and the game felt excellent. My only complaint is that it's excessively punishing at times, and I didn't have quite enough time to get all my ships done. This was probably intentional design though.

I want to find whoever made it so you can't save between the "final" boss and the actual final boss though and slap them. While it felt good to actually succeed, and the heroic sacrifices I had to make to get through the final map felt worth it, it was extremely punishing to have to do two maps over again, especially ones that difficult. It doesn't help I had several pair-up carries and had to take fewer units to the penultimate mission because of spawn points causing unwated unavoidable deaths.

The song on the final boss map makes up for it though, jayzus. <3

Still, it was an amazing experience and I loved almost everything about it. Really looking forward to experiencing all the cool new Hoshido classes for myself.
You could have just dlc support grind

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You could have just dlc support grind
See I know, but I felt like it cheapened the idea of Conquest, so I didn't use it for that. I'll definitely use the XP map for grinding to my hearts content in Birthright and Revelations though.

One thing I wouldn't have minded in Conquest was Bonus XP ala the Tellius games. I had a few paired up units who were really lagging behind at the end. Oh, also! Just for fun, my ships!

Corrin/Felicia - This was sweet, but it was pretty much meant to be. Felicia gets only more kawaii as she struggles with her bumbling nature.
Azura/Niles - I liked this one; they both connected through their loftiness and need to keep people out. It had an ironic sweetness. Also Nina with Azura's hair is lovely.
Silas/Effie - Ehhhhhhh. Silas is a cool guy, but Effie is so blah. I just can't stand her personality or her voice. At least she gave Sophie good hair. Would not do again.
Arthur/Elise - Initially I felt awkward about this because Elise, but royal bloodlines too stronk. Also, this support (and I assume any Arthur support) is absolutely hilarious, and heartwarming.
Keaton/Selena - Eh. It was OK. I really dislike Keaton's take on Tsundere, as it just came off as annoying to me. Selena was pretty good in this though. And Velouria is awesome!
Xander/Charlotte - I have no idea why I did this to poor Xander, considering he was my second favorite Nohr character behind Arthur, but I dunno, I guess I wanted to see what would happen if Charlotte successfully managed to gold-dig her way into royal pants. It was...alright.
Laslow/Peri - Lovely. They have a great amount of chemistry, even romantic, and Laslow helps bring out Peri's otherwise lost human side.
Camilla/Kaze - Unexpectedly enjoyed this one too. They also have good chemistry, and it focused alot on Camilla's interest in Kaze's loft, detached attitude around women. As it went on, it actually felt like they had great romantic chemistry, and I would actually consider shipping this again.

Those are all I was able to do, but I'm satisfied!

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
You don't gain exp in the Awakening DLC
See I know, but I felt like it cheapened the idea of Conquest, so I didn't use it for that. I'll definitely use the XP map for grinding to my hearts content in Birthright and Revelations though.

One thing I wouldn't have minded in Conquest was Bonus XP ala the Tellius games. I had a few paired up units who were really lagging behind at the end. Oh, also! Just for fun, my ships!

Corrin/Felicia - This was sweet, but it was pretty much meant to be. Felicia gets only more kawaii as she struggles with her bumbling nature.
Azura/Niles - I liked this one; they both connected through their loftiness and need to keep people out. It had an ironic sweetness. Also Nina with Azura's hair is lovely.
Silas/Effie - Ehhhhhhh. Silas is a cool guy, but Effie is so blah. I just can't stand her personality or her voice. At least she gave Sophie good hair. Would not do again.
Arthur/Elise - Initially I felt awkward about this because Elise, but royal bloodlines too stronk. Also, this support (and I assume any Arthur support) is absolutely hilarious, and heartwarming.
Keaton/Selena - Eh. It was OK. I really dislike Keaton's take on Tsundere, as it just came off as annoying to me. Selena was pretty good in this though. And Velouria is awesome!
Xander/Charlotte - I have no idea why I did this to poor Xander, considering he was my second favorite Nohr character behind Arthur, but I dunno, I guess I wanted to see what would happen if Charlotte successfully managed to gold-dig her way into royal pants. It was...alright.
Laslow/Peri - Lovely. They have a great amount of chemistry, even romantic, and Laslow helps bring out Peri's otherwise lost human side.
Camilla/Kaze - Unexpectedly enjoyed this one too. They also have good chemistry, and it focused alot on Camilla's interest in Kaze's loft, detached attitude around women. As it went on, it actually felt like they had great romantic chemistry, and I would actually consider shipping this again.

Those are all I was able to do, but I'm satisfied!

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm not sure any couple where half of the relationship involves Arthur's grinning mug can be called "cute".

Arrei

Smash Lord
Oh, sure, Arthur's great. His voice especially clinches it. Accidentally annihilated him with a Rend Heaven critical in Birthright, but none of the retainers died in Birthright, right?

No one said justice was pretty, though.

Last edited:

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Arthur is easily one of my top 5 in Conquest. How can anyone actively dislike him?
Winded up shipping him with Peri by the way. I'm sure there are better ships out there but the resolution was nice at least.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Arthur's good, just gamble is bad.
Oh god, Gamble is horrendous. I took it off him immediately. No way was I accepting a constant ~50% hit chance just for slightly more crit.

Hero is Arthur's best class anyway.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Wait, wasn't Gamble adjusted to be -10 Hit and +10 Crit, or did I read it wrong?

Or was Arthur's hit chance just that horrendously low?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Gonna throw this in here

Revelations seems to be the best one
except for Scarlet and Izana.

It is better for some and worse for others due to characters coming later with bad base stats aka Odin
In which case you grind.

Corrin is actually a believable protagonist, and frequently gets punished for his/her failings, and the terrible things they're forced to do after siding with Nohr continue to stack onto them. People need to stop using the term "self-insert" or "mary sue" because these things don't describe Corrin at all. Azura is a bit of a Mary Sue, but even then that's debatable.
THANK YOU! Finally i find someone on the Internet who agrees that Corrin isn't a "mary sue". As for Azura, i'm gonna debate that. While she doesn't struggle and get punished as much as Corrin, she's still struggling.
As you know, Azura's song ends up killing her. And, in a support conversation with Shigure, i believe she mentions that, even if she's not in any near danger of evaporation, the song still hurts her. And in Revelation Ch.7, she mentions that she wanted to tell people about Valla but she couldn't because the curse kills anybody who speaks about Valla outside of its borders. Because of this, it emotionally pained her knowing the truth but not being able to say it. And there's also something else that emotionally hurts Azura but that's a big Revelation spoiler so i won't say. But yeah, Azura is not a "mary sue".

And anything Hans did. That piece of ****.
I hate Hans more than i hate Wario. I didn't think that was possible.

I want to find whoever made it so you can't save between the "final" boss and the actual final boss though and slap them. While it felt good to actually succeed, and the heroic sacrifices I had to make to get through the final map felt worth it, it was extremely punishing to have to do two maps over again, especially ones that difficult.
I'm playing on Hard/Classic. I'm gonna have a fun time, aren't i?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gonna throw this in here

I'm playing on Hard/Classic. I'm gonna have a fun time, aren't i?
Since I (unfortunately) don't have Revelations, I'm going to skip out on those spoilers for now. I look forward to being potentially proven wrong about Azura though. I do certainly like her, don't get me wrong!

Ohhhhh are you ever. Even on just Normal/Classic, it was quite the agonizing challenge at points. Be sure to have a good set of your best units ready. And as few support carries as possible.

One of my friends took the plunge for Hard/Classic Conquest. After playing through it on Normal, I weep for him.

Wait, wasn't Gamble adjusted to be -10 Hit and +10 Crit, or did I read it wrong?

Or was Arthur's hit chance just that horrendously low?
It's 10% for 10% yes. But his hit chance was typically in the 70-80% range without advantage, so lowering that was just tragic.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Corrin's a self insert if you make him/her one.
Isn't any protagonist a self-insert if you make them one as long as you can customize them?

Minor Fates spoilers

As far as I know, and at least in Conquest, outside of the main decision, you don't get to *choose* any others. Everything is directly decided either by Corrin's characters leadership or another story element. A self-insert is more along the lines of, but not even this totally, a Commander Shepard where their direction and character is decided by the player.

None of Corrin's personality is a projection, and the cutscenes being in first-person or people calling you "you" is mainly due to the nature of customizable characters. So I can't really agree with Corrin being a self-insert, which people seem to hinge on the primary decision, which is as much an in-character decision as a player one.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Show this to anyone who thinks Corrin's counter is broken

Since I (unfortunately) don't have Revelations, I'm going to skip out on those spoilers for now. I look forward to being potentially proven wrong about Azura though. I do certainly like her, don't get me wrong!
Ah, ok. Don't worry about it then. Its only a Ch.7 spoiler but if you want to play Revelation without knowing anything about it, then don't read the spoiler.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Gotta say, managed to get to Conquest Ch. 19 (Still on Hard/Classic) and it has really been a breath of fresh air. The previous few chapters have been really complex and tough, but Ch.19 is a simple 'Route the Enemy' battle with the only real gimmick being illusory enemy units. Those of you playing Conquest ought to look forward to it :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gotta say, managed to get to Conquest Ch. 19 (Still on Hard/Classic) and it has really been a breath of fresh air. The previous few chapters have been really complex and tough, but Ch.19 is a simple 'Route the Enemy' battle with the only real gimmick being illusory enemy units. Those of you playing Conquest ought to look forward to it :p

Oh balls, the Kitsune. It was fine and dandy until I had everyone moving towards the final group, and a miscalculation after 30 minutes of careful map movement caused one of the last two foxes to strut right up to Azura and munch her to death. Otherwise it was definitely a simpler chapter than others, despite me having to restart on it. It's not like that's any different from the ones before it.

Just got Charlotte.

Must... Not... S Rank!!!
The chest doesn't lie.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
You have got to be kidding. I can't find my mailbox keys. For all I know my birthright is in there

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Keaton with Beastbane just tears through everything. Just apply heals when necessary and you'll be juuuuust fine~.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Isn't any protagonist a self-insert if you make them one as long as you can customize them?
The fire emblem avatars (minus Binding Blade) do have their own personalities, but some (COUGH FE 12 COUGH) give more focus to them. I mean sure I give all of em Nordic names and call it a day, but a lot of people want them to be them (or some other anime dude, LOOKING AT YOU GUY ON CAMPUS WHO NAMED HIS CORRIN KIRITO)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Keaton with Beastbane just tears through everything. Just apply heals when necessary and you'll be juuuuust fine~.
Keaton and his kid made me laugh at both Kitsunes and horse units for the rest of the game. They just *massacred* them. And their near-full healing and the Wolfssegner 15 ability just made it nuts.

Amazing class.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The fire emblem avatars (minus Binding Blade) do have their own personalities, but some (COUGH FE 12 COUGH) give more focus to them. I mean sure I give all of em Nordic names and call it a day, but a lot of people want them to be them (or some other anime dude, LOOKING AT YOU GUY ON CAMPUS WHO NAMED HIS CORRIN KIRITO)
Binding Blade doesn't have an Avatar. The prequel is the one who has the Avatar.

Arrei

Smash Lord
To be fair, calling FE7 Blazing Sword was an odd choice when Roy was the one who got the fire sword and Eliwood's Durandal was just a really big regular sword.

By the way, is Kana still like the other royal children, just an inferior version of the player since they can't use Yato?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
To be fair, calling FE7 Blazing Sword was an odd choice when Roy was the one who got the fire sword and Eliwood's Durandal was just a really big regular sword.
Except the Durandal was nicknamed "The Blazing Sword".

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's it. I'm gonna start the game from the beginning on the Normal difficulty, still on Classic. Hard ain't no joke...

Top Bottom