• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Full English Lost in Thoughts All Alone
Other than how the word "familiar" was spoken, the song is just as good as the Japanese version.

Corrin can marry Azura in Revelation. Why is this important?
In the Japanese version of Revelation, it was revealed that Corrin and Azura are cousins. Here's the thing: Corrin and Azura have two kids after they get married. And as mentioned before, Corrin and Azura are cousins. My only guess is that they removed the line where Mikoto reveals that Arete, Azura's mother, is her sister. Because that revelation was only mentioned once. And it didn't affect the plot at all.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Whew! Finally got Fates! Gamestop employee helped me get the bundle and reserved Revelations. The only problem is that it's all digital version so it looks like I will have to buy a mircoSD card. Really wanted a physical version but whatever, I'll deal with it.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I am just going to assume my game is in the mail when I can't findy keys. Sigh Oboro could be trapped in a box I must save her

D

Deleted member

Not sure if I posted this in here already but I got Fates on Monday and am liking it so far.
And this sounds odd but I'm using an avatar of my opposite gender for Birthright because I wanna go for Felicia (despite her voice but it has grown on me) or Hinoka~

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Found this on Miiverse

Here's one of the comments: "Does mean that if someone dies, she can just fly around the planet fast enough to rewind time so she can save them?"

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Full English Lost in Thoughts All Alone
Other than how the word "familiar" was spoken, the song is just as good as the Japanese version.

Corrin can marry Azura in Revelation. Why is this important?
In the Japanese version of Revelation, it was revealed that Corrin and Azura are cousins. Here's the thing: Corrin and Azura have two kids after they get married. And as mentioned before, Corrin and Azura are cousins. My only guess is that they removed the line where Mikoto reveals that Arete, Azura's mother, is her sister. Because that revelation was only mentioned once. And it didn't affect the plot at all.
In japanese they can marry despite that, and cmon even Gaius 2.0 and Midori can marry(and they cousins) its a miracle that the nohrian sinblings cant marry between then (because they have all diferent mothers) so yeah, this is the incest emblem

And i still cant get why People like so much azura...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well Percy is a child so yeah I guess
Why is being a children a reason for a character/unit to be good? Mii Confused.
Gonna throw this in here

except for Scarlet and Izana.

In which case you grind.

THANK YOU! Finally i find someone on the Internet who agrees that Corrin isn't a "mary sue". As for Azura, i'm gonna debate that. While she doesn't struggle and get punished as much as Corrin, she's still struggling.
As you know, Azura's song ends up killing her. And, in a support conversation with Shigure, i believe she mentions that, even if she's not in any near danger of evaporation, the song still hurts her. And in Revelation Ch.7, she mentions that she wanted to tell people about Valla but she couldn't because the curse kills anybody who speaks about Valla outside of its borders. Because of this, it emotionally pained her knowing the truth but not being able to say it. And there's also something else that emotionally hurts Azura but that's a big Revelation spoiler so i won't say. But yeah, Azura is not a "mary sue".

I hate Hans more than i hate Wario. I didn't think that was possible.

I'm playing on Hard/Classic. I'm gonna have a fun time, aren't i?
Yay...and boo?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Why is being a children a reason for a character/unit to be good? Mii Confused.

Yay...and boo?
They first off are from my knowledge natural better than their parents when you recruit him. They normally have better caps and growths than their parents. That is why most of awakening lunatic apotheosis had the children being the only attacking units

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They first off are from my knowledge natural better than their parents when you recruit him. They normally have better caps and growths than their parents. That is why most of awakening lunatic apotheosis had the children being the only attacking units
That's weird...but somewhat reasonable.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
In japanese they can marry despite that, and cmon even Gaius 2.0 and Midori can marry(and they cousins) its a miracle that the nohrian sinblings cant marry between then (because they have all diferent mothers) so yeah, this is the incest emblem

And i still cant get why People like so much azura...
Cousin marrige isn't really !ncest because its legal in most places. Also, people like Azura for many reasons. I don't know all of them although i'm 99% that one of them is Lost in Thoughts All Alone. Also, everthing in the game points to Corrin x Azura being canon.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Cousin marrige isn't really !ncest because its legal in most places. Also, people like Azura for many reasons. I don't know all of them although i'm 99% that one of them is Lost in Thoughts All Alone. Also, everthing in the game points to Corrin x Azura being canon.
Nah for me the game plot more the FE corrin x Silas in nohr (because this guy appear so much that i think he is one of protagonists)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I decided that while I waited for Fates to come arrive, I'd finish recruiting Lyon in Sacred Stone's Hard Mode.
I was about to clear the first floor of the ruins when a Gwyllgi unexpectedly doubled Natasha and killed her during the enemy phase.

Thank Arceus that they got rid of the GBA's weapon weight mechanic. Not being able to double with a Pegasus Knight or someone else who is supposed to specialize in speed because their natural constitution is too small is just BS.
Cousin marrige isn't really !ncest because its legal in most places.
I don't think law is how that's defined outside of legal context, but okay.

Cousin relationships don't bother me as much if they grew up apart from each other. I mean, I'd still never marry my own cousin, even though we only ever got to see each other on holidays, but I'd never have the same types of bonds with them that I do with my siblings. This is why Corrin x Azura will never bother me the way Corrin x Elise does.

There is the issue of genetics and the increased risk of birth defects, but hey, the two mothers could just be half sisters. Besides, having more 1st Dragon Blood is canonically beneficial, if Geneology is anything to go by. I guess the 12 dragons were just perfect beings or something.

People irl should adopt more anyway.
The planet is overpopulated as much as is.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Nah for me the game plot more the FE corrin x Silas in nohr (because this guy appear so much that i think he is one of protagonists)
Silas's last plot-related appearance in Nohr is in Ch.12. The main reason why i said everything points to Corrin x Azura being canon is because it gets to the point where the game itself ships it. The game ships Corrin x Azura by giving subtle hints like these

to making it almost obvious (Revelation does this a lot). Also, Azura is the only character to have different supports with Corrin depending on the path. Even her confession changes depending on the path. No other character does this. There's also the fact that Corrin x Azura feels like it was meant to be. A prince of Hoshido kidnapped by Nohr and a princess of Nohr kidnapped by Hoshido end up falling in love.

Thank Arceus that they got rid of the GBA's weapon weight mechanic. Not being able to double with a Pegasus Knight or someone else who is supposed to specialize in speed because their natural constitution is too small is just BS.
Weapon weight was as BS as fatigue. Ok, maybe i'm over-exaggerating but the weight is my main issue with the GBA FEs

but hey, the two mothers could just be half sisters.
Maybe they are. Mikoto didn't specify. And, seeing as how Corrin can still marry Azura in the localization of Revelation, my guess that Mikoto and Arete being sisters was changed to "best friends".

Besides, having more 1st Dragon Blood is canonically beneficial, if Geneology is anything to go by. I guess the 12 dragons were just perfect beings or something.
Yeah, that works too. When i first found out that Corrin and Azura were cousins, i thought "well Corrin has dragon blood which probably is the bigger majority compared his human blood and thus, makes his cousin relationship with Azura irrelevant". Actually, thinking back on it
Corrin's father, Anankos, is a dragon god. Being related to a god greatly overshadows being related to your cousin, at least that's how i see it.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, both arete and Mikoto have Royal blood (the crown thing) so i think they will be relacted, at least at distant cousin (like having the same great great great great........... grandfather)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So...incest discussions?...yay, nay, gay, bay, and tay tay

Need more words that rhyme

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Maybe they are. Mikoto didn't specify. And, seeing as how Corrin can still marry Azura in the localization of Revelation, my guess that Mikoto and Arete being sisters was changed to "best friends".
I could see it being changed to having them be adoptive sisters or close enough friends that they were considered sisters in spirit, at least.

But shouldn't we be putting these things in spoiler tags?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Nyx is so... squeaky in combat.

IS CUTE.

Though she'd probably hex you if she heard you say that...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sure, but it seems like a name slapped on after the fact just to tie it with Roy's game. There was nothing fiery about it.
Armads is also called the Thunder(-ing) Axe... It's got nothing on Levin Swords and the Raijin (High Frequency) Katana. I feel like it might be a nod to how in old tales, weapons would be given nicknames to make them sound awesome and to add to the fantastical nature of it, but in reality none of it, sometimes including the weapons themselves, don't exist. For example, the Singing Sword which I don't really know the history of, but remember for some reason. Look, if a sword actually sung, I'd drop it into the sea because at a certain point it would be annoying and it would kill any chance of being discreet. Be worse if the thing was tone deaf. At the same time, because things actually make "whoosh" sounds when swung, it wouldn't be farfetched to call it a Singing Sword because of how it sounds when swung.

So, the Blazing Sword and Thundering Axe were probably known for their qualities and in legends, were given such titles based on them. Durandal was known for dragon-slaying and what do most, stereotypical dragons do? Breath fire. Durandal could be "cutting" through fire to kill dragons and it would just add to the story-telling aspect. Armads being heavy and being slammed onto people would probably make cracking and smashing noises like thunder.

At the same time in a world of magic and the Sword of Seals being both a fire elemental and literally sealing sword questions why Durandal is just a slab of metal in comparison or how Eckesachs apparently is electric elemental and as a staff, could function as a makeshift "axe" and then there's another slab of metal called Armads. I'm just going to say it's an attempt to emulate old tales while also failing to connect them with a fantasty world.

Also, Anna sprite that I found. :p

Edit: Found the source: http://soranker.tumblr.com/fefatesicons.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I could see it being changed to having them be adoptive sisters or close enough friends that they were considered sisters in spirit, at least.

But shouldn't we be putting these things in spoiler tags?
Fixed, at least in my post. But to be fair, its a really minor spoiler that doesn't affect the plot at all and was probably changed in the English version.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I found the comic with Jakob scolding his son Dwyer and wife Setsuna. Probably not how Jakob and Setsuna's support goes, but probably how their life together would go. :p

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm actually curious to whter the child mother supports follow a common script like awakening did or if they're different
Mother/child supports are generic. Selena and Caeldori on the other hand, have a unique mother/child support.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'll probably just stick with Lucina and Percy anytime there's a child in my game(do both Awakening and Fates...once I get the game of course)

Arrei

Smash Lord
So I didn't get an answer before, but how useful is Kana? With the children's stats having less of a boost over the parents, and Kana being unable to use the Yato, are they still useful just by virtue of having another Noble?

I might just settle for marrying Rhajat as femCorrin in my Revelation playthrough, because I'm stlll really not feelin' it for my male Corrin. Maybe I just need to change his looks in my next file...

Also Effie is MVP for Conquest, for serious. Her and Silas.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do you even know about his personality or class?
I don't care about the class, but his personality(from what I've seen and heard)is pretty much like Pit(that's all that matters)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So I didn't get an answer before, but how useful is Kana? With the children's stats having less of a boost over the parents, and Kana being unable to use the Yato, are they still useful just by virtue of having another Noble?

I might just settle for marrying Rhajat as femCorrin in my Revelation playthrough, because I'm stlll really not feelin' it for my male Corrin. Maybe I just need to change his looks in my next file...

Also Effie is MVP for Conquest, for serious. Her and Silas.
Kana is actually great. For the fact that its a Hard/Classic Conquest playthough, she's actually one of my best units. The main issue is having good weapons. With a Dragonstone, she deals a big chunk of damage (and having a Dragonstone equipped restores 10% of HP at the start of every turn) but with a sword, she'll deal anywhere between 7 and 14 damage, which isn't a lot, but she has the chance to strike twice. Once she gets a better sword rank, she'll be able to use better swords. The same applies to Corrin's other child if you reclass them into Nohr Prince/Princess.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I don't care about the class, but his personality(from what I've seen and heard)is pretty much like Pit(that's all that matters)
His personality is not as pitty as you may think. He did blackmail his father, and does not crack the jokes, or others.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh hey the new DLC maps are available.

Edit: EXP GRINDING DLC MAP WORKS IN CONQUEST!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Is one of the DLC the European release date?

no?

ok.

I need this game, help pls ;_;
Ok. The fact that Europe doesn't have a release date for Fates bothers me. Is it so hard to for Nintendo to at least say "Hey, Europe gets Fates in *insert month here* 2016"? I'm gonna throw out a prediction date: April 19th. Its too late for the game to come out in March since March is next week.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Ok. The fact that Europe doesn't have a release date for Fates bothers me. Is it so hard to for Nintendo to at least say "Hey, Europe gets Fates in *insert month here* 2016"? I'm gonna throw out a prediction date: April 19th. Its too late for the game to come out in March since March is next week.
Yes this is exactly the problem, we don't have a release date yet.
If NoE had at least announced a release date probably now the majority of us Europeans wouldn't be so mad.
April 19th is Tuesday, all the Nintendo games are released on Friday so that's probably not gonna happen, but maybe the 15th, it would be great (earlier would be even better, but my hope is fading away...).
Also, April 19th was our release date for Awakening, was that intentional? :p

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
April 19th is Tuesday, all the Nintendo games are released on Friday so that's probably not gonna happen, but maybe the 15th, it would be great
Ah ok. I'm not good with calandars. Yeah, April 15th would be a better prediction date.
Also, April 19th was our release date for Awakening, was that intentional? :p
I actually didn't know that. I said April 19th because America got Fates on February 19th so i thought "i'm gonna add two months to that".

I just realized: If Europe doesn't have at least a release month for Fates.......then only God knows when FE Fates: Revelation will release in Europe.

Top Bottom