• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Boy is Corrin a badly written character.
"I felt so bad for killing all those kitsune, but Azura just told me it was necessary, so I instantly feel much better all of a sudden!"
If he truly felt that bad about it, a few words wouldn't of cheered him up...

Also Kaden's motivation was really weak. "Oh, the elders said you guys might be poachers, so I guess I'll have to kill you all! Sorry about that!"

So I customized my castle for combat a bit. That was more fun then I thought it'd be.
Too bad I can't grind for postgame multiplayer and stuff in Nohr.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Come to think of it... why did they stick Flora and Gunter on Conquest's boxart, then both Jakob and Felicia on Birthright? Both of the former are nowhere near important enough for box art positions, while Jakob would have fit right in alongside FemCorrin.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Come to think of it... why did they stick Flora and Gunter on Conquest's boxart, then both Jakob and Felicia on Birthright? Both of the former are nowhere near important enough for box art positions, while Jakob would have fit right in alongside FemCorrin.
They needed characters.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm on Veloruia's paralouge. I'm gonna recruit all the children before attempting Ch.17 again. I followed ZephyrZ ZephyrZ 's advice about zooming out when using Dragon's Vein but the Dragon's Vein poses a problem: I sometimes end up trapping my units in a chamber because the enemy comes at you in swarms and i want to try to block parts of them off but the cost is, my units get trapped. If only there was more room.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm on Veloruia's paralouge. I'm gonna recruit all the children before attempting Ch.17 again. I followed ZephyrZ ZephyrZ 's advice about zooming out when using Dragon's Vein but the Dragon's Vein poses a problem: I sometimes end up trapping my units in a chamber because the enemy comes at you in swarms and i want to try to block parts of them off but the cost is, my units get trapped. If only there was more room.
I don't know what your army looks like, but my current game plan is:

-Start by moving up to clear out the ninjas directly north of your starting point. Place a sturdy unit in the Master Ninja's maximum range, move Xander past that, as the ninjas will all ignore him entirely due to his high defense. Shura, who I'm not using otherwise, moves to the right to clear the trap, then moves into the priestess' Silence range to start draining charges.
- Use Xander to soften up any enemies to finish off with someone else. Place Xander on the Dragon Vein to attract the Master Ninja on the other side, but don't use it yet. Make sure no one else is in that ninja's range.
- Saizo should charge the incoming wave of ninjas and get himself killed on turn 3 so he stops wasting your EXP. Use the Dragon Vein with Xander, and have your full army move to the opening on the bottom. Deal with the ninjas, but beware the Swordmaster with Lunge. Consider just blocking them from entering until you can get Xander down there too, as you have a group of puppets and a Mechanist coming in too.
- Continue working through, still using Xander to block enemy ninjas and take potshots at enemies to soften them up. The first wave of reinforcements will need one other unit to block, Xander might be better suited for softening the Mechanist with the Silver Shuriken, then moving south to block the wave of ninjas.
- Weaken the ninjas by the top treasure chest with Xander, kill the puppet by the pillar by using ranged attacks, then have someone else use a Dragon Vein and flood your way into the room to take out the remaining puppet and the weakened Master Ninja.
- No more Dragon Veins are to be used from here on. Sturdy units continue to be placed at chokepoints so enemies can be softened up, with Effie being particularly suited for stopping the remaining enemies coming from the south, due to her Natural Cover skill and a conveniently-placed Pillar space. Be aware that a group of Samurai and a Swordmaster will come in from above when you move to attract the Swordmaster and Master Ninja at the very right.
- Have Shura clear away the caltrops around Kotaro, then have Azura sing him out of there to prepare for the final push.

Last edited:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Wait Rating Pending?
Looks like NOA's going to give Pokemon the no petting treatment or else the game would be rated M for "intensified suggestive themes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"
Meanwhile in Europe:
Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 00.25.53.png

In all seriousness, I do wonder if there will be any changes between the American and European versions of Fates, as Awakening did have a few minor ones.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Midori's paralouge is literally the easiest chapter ever. The objective is to defeat the boss. Just send any unit with 8 movement range to the first Dragon's Vein point, use it, then in the next turn, kill/capture Candice (the boss). I captured Candice. The paralouge only took two turns to beat.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
On Conquest, that just means you're depriving yourself of EXP and Support points, though.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
On Conquest, that just means you're depriving yourself of EXP and Support points, though.
DLC lets you support grind though. And i also have the EXP DLC. Of course, that still doesn't stop Conquest from being a hard game.

Arrei

Smash Lord
If that's how you want to do it, I suppose. I'm aiming to keep to Conquest's design ethic of having finite resources for my first run, as there'll be plenty of time to screw around with DLC gains later on.

The only exception for me is visiting other castles to obtain materials for smithing and cooking with, because it's absurdly silly to create systems requiring items then only making two of those items available per file...

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I just played Chapter 21 on Conquest.

When I was told I had to escape, I figured it would be like seizing where anyone could do it. Nope. Turns out you have to make everyone escape. So while my avatar and Keatan would all Beast/Dragonstone+ on the boss to get the drop item, I figured I could just have someone else escape to finish the level.

Oh well, at least that level is sort of short.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm aiming to keep to Conquest's design ethic of having finite resources for my first run,
Yeah, i'm also trying to do that as well. The only reason i'm using DLC is because i want to get all the child units before Endgame. And some of the father units are way underleveld (because i benched them) so using them in an actual chapter would be suicide. And even then, Boo Camp isn't always great for grinding EXP since you only get 1 level up at the most (sometimes 2 if you manage to kill the golden Faceless). Most of the time, i use the Awakening map which only lets you grind supports.

The only exception for me is visiting other castles to obtain materials for smithing and cooking with, because it's absurdly silly to create systems requiring items then only making two of those items available per file...
The smithy is stupid. Why do i need two of the same weapon to forge it? And why can i only inscribe names on forged weapons? Also, what items are you talking about? There's a few items that the game only lets you have two of per file.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm fine with consuming a copy of an item to forge. That's a system that already exists in many games. But you need ore to forge, but only one type of ore is available per castle (two on Revelation). The same goes for the Mess Hall, which provides useful stat buffs for your next fight but consumes food items. And that's terrible.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm fine with consuming a copy of an item to forge. That's a system that already exists in many games
I would've been fine with this method if this was a different game. But historically, the way Fire Emblem handled forging is different. You were given 7 points and you use those points in whichever combination you want to increase the base power, hit-rate, and critical rate.

But you need ore to forge, but only one type of ore is available per castle (two on Revelation).
The smithy would've been better if you didn't need ore. But ore needed some purpose. What they could've done is use the original forging method and the ore lets you forge the weapon again or it gives you more forge points.

The same goes for the Mess Hall, which provides useful stat buffs for your next fight but consumes food items. And that's terrible.
But.....how are you supposed to cook then?

Arrei

Smash Lord
The historical system matters little - after all, Pair Up was overpowered in the previous game and needed rebalancing, so it's fair to assume forging needed to be redone too. Historically, weapons were limited but the new system works fine, etc. But my point is that the Mess Hall and Smithy both use a variety of items that are all only available if you go to other castles and collect different items. Meaning they're almost completely useless if you don't have an internet connection available and you get a less useful ingredient when your castle's generated.

You can swap ore at the Smithy, but at a 5-1 trade ratio, your only option to forge other weaponry is to waste your time grinding your ore, which probably would have been far better suited playing the game.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
If Midori's paralouge is a cakewalk, then Forrest's paralouge is one tough cookie.
so it's fair to assume forging needed to be redone too.
Thinking back on it, i can see why forging was nerfed. Back then, you could forge to make OP weapons, but the weapon durability existed so that you couldn't spam it (unless, you had Armshift and a 50+ luck stat). Now, forging is harder, but weapons don't break.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Is it me or has this social been waning in activity lately?
Either
A. You haven't been notified of posts in this thread (it happens sometimes)
B. The activity is fluctuating because we're all too busy playing Fates. And those who aren't are trying to stay away from spoilers.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
B. The activity is fluctuating because we're all too busy playing Fates. And those who aren't are trying to stay away from spoilers.
Still waiting for March 12 or 19th for spring break and conquest... but really its pretty much going to be Fates dominated until mid/late April (if not then forever:happysheep:) I guess? Idk what we're going to talk about besides Fates aside from irl and maybe smash Corrin. Theres Pokemon Sol y Luna but thats for all the pokemon socials to cover.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Probably cause they are Corrin's retainers also and they are only playable in Conquest.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well it looks like currently in Birthright my five highest level units are Felicia, Azura, Corrin, Sakura, and Saizo at the moment.
Which reminds me, when is a good time to reclass Felicia/Jakob?
And currently my Azura is level 13. Is that a good level to make her into a Great Lord or should I wait?

And also

I have saved Kaze from his fate.
I also find it interesting that in the support that Kaze mentions that he is like Corrin's retainer. Makes me wonder who the other retainer would be(probably Felicia/Jakob)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well it looks like currently in Birthright my five highest level units are Felicia, Azura, Corrin, Sakura, and Saizo at the moment.
Which reminds me, when is a good time to reclass Felicia/Jakob?
And currently my Azura is level 13. Is that a good level to make her into a Great Lord or should I wait?

And also

I have saved Kaze from his fate.
I also find it interesting that in the support that Kaze mentions that he is like Corrin's retainer. Makes me wonder who the other retainer would be(probably Felicia/Jakob)
If you're gonna make Azura a Great Lord do it sooner than later. Also why would you reclass Felicia/Jakob?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Wait until Azura is level 24 before you reclass her into Great Lord. That way, she learns Aether upon leveling up to lv.25. After she learns Aether, reclass her back into Songstress. I know Songstress isn't the most amazing class but having that extra turn comes in handy. Here's a screenshot of my Azura that you can use for reference

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Also why would you reclass Felicia/Jakob?
Well I was mainly thinking that since they are already promoted units and later in the game they wouldn't be able to get any experience.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
So far my experiences with Revelations hard mode is providing me with some thoughts on the path as a whole compared to birthright and conquest. While yes, there you can grind, its kinda proving to be around the area of difficulty i had around mid/late game in birthright rather eraly on, as you really don't get many characters off the bat, and when you do get them, they typically need a bit of grinding to make them useful. Revelations also sadly shows how much of a Jegan Gunther really is and it doesn't help that he's the 4th character you get. I've also noticed certian characters like Hana and Rinka (again) getting really terrible growths so maybe its just me.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Guys, its come down to this. Everyone except Niles and Jakob have gotten married. Because i married Azura, the only character that both Niles and Jakob can marry is Camilla. But only one will get the girl. Who should it be: Niles or Jakob? I prefer Dwyer over Nina but i'll listen to opinions before i decide.

Arrei

Smash Lord
In my shoes, I'd pick Nina, because I'm currently being forced to bring units I don't even use just for Locktouch.

Reclass Felicia and Jakob at 15, because Maids and Buttlets learn Tomebreaker. If you reclassed the one you started with earlier on, reclass them back just to get that. It proved invaluable during my Birthright run.

I've also noticed certian characters like Hana and Rinka (again) getting really terrible growths so maybe its just me.
I don't know about Hana, but Rinkah does have terrible growths when you've got the full cast to compare her to - 45% in Str to Charlotte's 70% and Arthur's 65%. She's got good defense growths, but when she's up against the likes of Silas, Effie, and Benny for that, she's kinda pointless...

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Niles x Camilla their personalities look like they'd make for interesting supports. Also I've heard they Nina is a good archer as well so keep that in mind.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Camilla and Jakob bond over the Avatar, niles idk. I say Jakob because it makes dywer better utility with that breath thing

Arrei

Smash Lord
I was under the impression that was the only way such a thing could have worked in the first place.

also that looks like kaze has boobs

Holy cow, finally managed to promote Elise and she is a magical juggernaut as a Strategist. She's packing 29 Mag at level 4, and superior Spd to Felicia as a Maid at the same level.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, i see Felicia Jakob Flora and Gunther as Nohrian retainers, and kaze as your hoshidan retainer (i also consider Silas a retainer, but he is not a oficial so...)

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Chp. 12 was definitely quite a trip. And now, think I'm going to have Laslow get together with Felicia just for the hair color on Soleil.
Then off to go get the 3 remaining Amiibos. Ike seriously was like 1/3 of my army in Chp. 12, but why is he so quiet?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A friend of mine made this and I can't stop laughing.
Heh, this reminds me of something from The Witcher 3. Yes, it involves sleeping, waking up, asking about something, and wanting to go back to sleep because it's not time yet. :p

Also, I recently learned that Stephanie Sheh voiced Kjelle and Gregor, Laurent, and Xemnas are all voiced by Paul St. Peter - he was credited as George C. Cole for Gregor and Laurent apparently. Huh, no wonder Gregor makes a good Laurent... Xemnas is a magical "swordsman" and Gregor more or less makes Laurent magical and physical. This pretty much means that the parent-child sharing voices would be Cordelia and Severa (and Caeldori as granddaughter to Cordelia), Gregor and Laurent, Kellam and Gerome, Lon'qu and Brady, and male Robin voice 3 and Yarne. The ones that share, but can't be parent-child are female Robin voice 1 and 3 and Noire, Say'ri and Cynthia, Sumia and Nah, and Tharja and Kjelle. In the case of talking with yourself with no possible parental relationship, Donnel and Stahl. Without supports, but during Pair Ups, Anna, Emmeryn, and Olivia; Cherche and Sully, and Flavia and Miriel. Oh, and because of how SpotPass characters have no supports with anyone, but Robin, they managed to avoid the implication of marrying yourself because of Aversa and Libra sharing the same voice actress. This pretty much means the only Shepards with unique voices are Basilio, Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, Gangrel, Henry, Inigo, Lissa, Lucina, Maribelle, both Morgans, Nowi, Owain, Panne, Priam, Ricken, female Robin voice 2, male Robin voice 1 and 2, Tiki, The Vaike, Virion, Walhart, and Yen'fay. Neat, huh?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Heh, this reminds me of something from The Witcher 3. Yes, it involves sleeping, waking up, asking about something, and wanting to go back to sleep because it's not time yet. :p

Also, I recently learned that Stephanie Sheh voiced Kjelle and Gregor, Laurent, and Xemnas are all voiced by Paul St. Peter - he was credited as George C. Cole for Gregor and Laurent apparently. Huh, no wonder Gregor makes a good Laurent... Xemnas is a magical "swordsman" and Gregor more or less makes Laurent magical and physical. This pretty much means that the parent-child sharing voices would be Cordelia and Severa (and Caeldori as granddaughter to Cordelia), Gregor and Laurent, Kellam and Gerome, Lon'qu and Brady, and male Robin voice 3 and Yarne. The ones that share, but can't be parent-child are female Robin voice 1 and 3 and Noire, Say'ri and Cynthia, Sumia and Nah, and Tharja and Kjelle. In the case of talking with yourself with no possible parental relationship, Donnel and Stahl. Without supports, but during Pair Ups, Anna, Emmeryn, and Olivia; Cherche and Sully, and Flavia and Miriel. Oh, and because of how SpotPass characters have no supports with anyone, but Robin, they managed to avoid the implication of marrying yourself because of Aversa and Libra sharing the same voice actress. This pretty much means the only Shepards with unique voices are Basilio, Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, Gangrel, Henry, Inigo, Lissa, Lucina, Maribelle, both Morgans, Nowi, Owain, Panne, Priam, Ricken, female Robin voice 2, male Robin voice 1 and 2, Tiki, The Vaike, Virion, Walhart, and Yen'fay. Neat, huh?
"The Vaike"
He is so awesome that he have a prefix

Top Bottom