• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Hi guys! I'm a Corrin main and very hyped for Fates like you all.:chuckle:

Anyway, I have a dilemma . So I pretty much given up on getting the Special Edition at this point but I want all 3 games. Should I get two physical copies or one physical copy? I don't think I have enough space for 2 FE games (heck,I am not sure I have space for Rel.) and I like physical copies but at the same time, I would miss the 20$ discount. So what should I do?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hi guys! I'm a Corrin main and very hyped for Fates like you all.:chuckle:

Anyway, I have a dilemma . So I pretty much given up on getting the Special Edition at this point but I want all 3 games. Should I get two physical copies or one physical copy? I don't think I have enough space for 2 FE games (heck,I am not sure I have space for Rel.) and I like physical copies but at the same time, I would miss the 20$ discount. So what should I do?
Get one version because you get to download the other two versions for $20. I also recommend upgrading your SD card.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I recommend waiting until you buy the game. Renting it through GameFly means you have to pay a monthly fee and the progress you make on the rented copy will be for nothing when you buy your own copy.
I already have a subscription.
I prefer to own the copies by a long shot, but it's far easier to convince my parents to pay a little bit of money at the end of every month than to fork up 40-60$ every time a new game I want comes out. Besides, if I buy it off of Gamefly, I can keep the cartridge.

I assure you, though, that whenever I start earning my own paycheck, I'm going to be kissing Gamefly good-bye.
Marth's Gentle Blade skill has been renamed to Dancing Blade.
That's actually really cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What state do you guys live in? Because Florida has school on Friday.
New York, though my situation is different. I go to college, but I made sure to not have any classes on Fridays and just go in Monday-Thursday.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I am blitzing past tons of things in Awakening right now. Just got to recruit Nah, Laurent and Noire for the future units, then finish up the main campaign.

.....Then recruit the legacy characters. Apotheosis seems so far away....

Also found a few things I think you'll all enjoy.

The Jugdral saga Cipher cards are confirmed.

How the FE crew are right now.

And I can't believe I forgot about this gif.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Anyone know good Corrin players I could search up and watch? I'd like to take notes from high level Corrin play.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, I already have. I was just wondering if there's specific Corrin players I should keep my eyes on. Well, mostly if there's any dedicated mains, but perhaps things are still early? Tbh, the reason I ask is because a friend of mine mains Corrin and is still learning the ins and outs. I want too see him succeed, but he's struggling. I figured that watching high level Corrin play and taking notes might help. I learn a lot of new things when I watch high level Roy gameplay, so like, who knows.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
So, I've got $20 in my account, and I really want to save it for Revelation next month...but I'm getting veeery tempted to pick up Pokemon Red and/or Yellow on the 20th anniversary...

Just...just gotta stay strong...

(groans of increasing discomfort)

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'm not even getting the game on Friday. My mom spent all our money on stuff for her new garden, so I'm renting the game through a rental website called Gamefly. But that also means waiting for it to arrive in the mail, and they might not even send it until Saturday. AHEM
:4charizard:
Besides, Bowser is part dark type.
I had already used Charizard and Ffamran Ffamran has used Corrin and Greninja against him, so he died, sorry :crying:

Also, Bowser NEED to be part Dragon!

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Regarding the removal of weapon durability, I actually had no idea stronger weapons made out of steel or silver had less accuracy than weaker weapons made out of bronze or iron. I guess this does indeed mean that using the right weapon in the right situation is still somewhat important in this game rather than relying on a single weapon.

Also, from what I've heard from reviews so far, the story, character development and writing are all a major step up from awakening. I'm very glad this is the case, since most of awakening's cast, while genuinely funny, were very one dimensional with little character development throughout the story. Awakening's story was terrible despite having great presentation, so I'm glad that is no longer an issue in the new game.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
*Groans of increasing hype*

Behold, the new Fire Emblem Cipher cards coming soon. And by coming soon, i mean coming soon to Japan

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I already told my self that as soon as I get Oboro, I grind my support with her. It is the same with Azura and Azama

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like Nintendo Badge Arcade is preparing for Fire Emblem: Fates as well, as you can now acquire Fire Emblem: Fates badges in North America.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Regarding the removal of weapon durability, I actually had no idea stronger weapons made out of steel or silver had less accuracy than weaker weapons made out of bronze or iron. I guess this does indeed mean that using the right weapon in the right situation is still somewhat important in this game rather than relying on a single weapon.
Not only that, but stronger weapons will lower your stats afterwards as well.
Using a strong weapon could leave you vulnerable during the enemy phase, and I believe during the next turn as well.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Looks like Nintendo Badge Arcade is preparing for Fire Emblem: Fates as well, as you can now acquire Fire Emblem: Fates badges in North America.
Now i actually have a reason to use Badge Arcade.

Not only that, but stronger weapons will lower your stats afterwards as well.
Using a strong weapon could leave you vulnerable during the enemy phase, and I believe during the next turn as well.
Its this effect that encourages players not to spam weapons. The way the new weapon mechanic was handled was really well done.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Croph Croph Given that the character's only 2 weeks old there's not really gonna be a lot of high level footage for you (or anyone) to use unfortunately. Besides keeping an eye on Ryo and Cosmic Cosmos, you could probably ask Raziek and M@v if they happen to have any tournament videos of them using Corrin. They're the only other high level players I'm aware of atm who're playing Corrin (though there's probably someone I'm forgetting).

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Woo my Fates 3DS shipped yesterday!

Tomorrow I'm going to Best Buy to see if they have any SE's in stock.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Croph Croph Given that the character's only 2 weeks old there's not really gonna be a lot of high level footage for you (or anyone) to use unfortunately. Besides keeping an eye on Ryo and Cosmic Cosmos, you could probably ask Raziek and M@v if they happen to have any tournament videos of them using Corrin. They're the only other high level players I'm aware of atm who're playing Corrin (though there's probably someone I'm forgetting).
I figured it may be too early. I'm just a bit anxious as I want to see him improve more haha. Thanks for the suggestions though. Sometimes we do Corrin dittos, but like, I'm not the best Corrin. Plus I play him really weirdly, kinda like how I would space with Roy with Corrin's aerials and all. I've learned that I cannot play two characters at the same time. My brain does not have the complexity to switch from one playstyle to another depending on who I'm playing lol (unless I put a lot of time and energy into learning the second character maybe. I'm gonna have to do it sooner or later though, since I do want a secondary. Yaay...). I'm not the best Corrin player to learn from, in other words.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So some people already have Fates shipped out and mine hasn't yet. D:
I'm seriously beginning to think that Gamestop cancelled my order.

Nah

Smash Champion
I never pre-ordered Fates actually.....figure I'll be able to get a copy anyway and I can wait a few extra days for it to come. I have work tomorrow anyway :c

Maybe call or email them to check? Better to try that and find out it was cancelled (or whatever the case may be) instead of sitting there for who knows how long wondering what exactly happened to your Fates order. It'd drive me nuts anyway, the wondering

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Force them to give you da copy

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Just a reminder that us Westerners are never gonna get this
This beautiful replica was actually being sold at the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary concert. Which we also won't get. And speaking of the concert

Top Bottom