• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ironically, it's because it's a fire/flying type and not a dragon type that Charizard is resistant to fairies.
Screw you, Jiggles.

I'm just kidding I kind of like Jigglypuff.

Glory Blaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
GloryBlaze37
If they'll go back on prestablished characterization - that those characters are supposed to be family to Corrin - then yes, I'd say with absolute certainty that they let marriage options prioritize over the story themes and characterization.
That doesn't make sense. That's exactly what makes it fan service.
Unless you're operating under an entirely different definition of fanservice than I am, which I'm really beginning to think you are.
According to Tv Tropes (aka the most reliable source in the history of the universe), fanservice is:

"Characters in skimpy or skin-tight clothing, or none at all, to attract or "reward" viewers. This is traditionally associated with female characters and most common there, but fanservice of male characters isn't unheard of."

By that definition, the marriage system in FE isn't fanservice at all. Is Camilla's armor fanservice? yes. She is wearing clothing designed to attract male viewers. Is being able to marry any character of the opposite gender fanservice? no. Many of them are wearing perfectly reasonable clothes, and none of them do anything like change outfits into something sexy for you - if the character (i.e. Camilla) was already fanservice, then they are still fanservice-y when you marry them. But characters like Hana, Selena, Beruka, etc (who are not fanservicey, IMO), do NOT suddenly become fanservice because you can marry them. The clothes they wear are the same, regardless of if they are your spouse or not. (It can be argued that I'm being pedantic about the fact that fanservice must involve clothing or the lack there of, but first of all the "sexy clothes" is a very large part of the definition of fanservice in my opinion, and second of all, even disregarding clothes, "sex appeal" for any character does not increase just because you can marry them. It's not like the people who were going to fantasize to Camilla are going to stop just because she's the main character's sister. They would still do it even if you couldn't S-support her.)

Tl;dr: Marriage =/= fanservice. Sexy clothes = fanservice.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well, would you look at that. You can have an entire team of nothing but heroes in Conquest. I know what gimmick run I'll be doing!
S-rank Pairings
Femui x Izana
Felicia x Jakob
Arthur x Elise
Benny x Effie
Laslow x Azura
Selena x Kaze
Silas x Peri
Charlotte x Leo
Keaton x Mozu

A+/Friendship Pairings
Arthur x Niles
Charlotte x Nyx
Lazlow x Xander and Odin*
Beruka x Camilla
Kana x Siegbert
Soleil x Ophelia
Velouria x Nina

*A character can only A+ another, but it is not mutual.
ex: Laslow can A+ Xander and Xander can A+ Leo.
You can essentially have everyone A+ the same character and it wouldn't affect the character receiving all those A+ rankings.

Has Fighter or Mercenary as Default or Secondary class
Arthur
Charlotte
Laslow
Selena
Soleil

Secondary
Femui
Felicia
Benny
Silas
Keaton
Beruka
Kana
Sophie
Velouria
Percy
Ignatius
Flora
Gunter
Shura

Inherits Class from Mom (and Laslow)
Shigure
Dwyer
Midori
Forrest

I wonder if Birthright has an equivalent?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
According to Tv Tropes (aka the most reliable source in the history of the universe), fanservice is:

"Characters in skimpy or skin-tight clothing, or none at all, to attract or "reward" viewers. This is traditionally associated with female characters and most common there, but fanservice of male characters isn't unheard of."
I'm used to a more broad definition, but I guess I can't really argue with that.

But if you go back to what I said and replace the word "fanservice" with "pandering", than you still get the point.

Glory Blaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
GloryBlaze37
I'm used to a more broad definition, but I guess I can't really argue with that.

But if you go back to what I said and replace the word "fanservice" with "pandering", than you still get the point.
Idk if you watch anime but as a weeaboo/otaku/whatever you want to call me, fanservice for me has always been bath scenes and maid outfits so the whole clothes thing has become ingrained as a part of the definition in my head lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Idk if you watch anime but as a weeaboo/otaku/whatever you want to call me, fanservice for me has always been bath scenes and maid outfits so the whole clothes thing has become ingrained as a part of the definition in my head lol
I've seen enough anime to get the general memo.
I'm not an anime enthusiast, but both my sisters are both otakus and former weebs, so I've seen a bit over their shoulders or by their suggestion.

Maid outfits and bath scenes have always fitted in my broader understanding of fan service.

And of course, when I was little, I was crazy about this obscure anime called "pokemon", but I'm sure none of you have ever heard of it.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Man, I don't why I bothered taking a hike on GameFaqs. Nothing but a cesspool of scum and villainy there that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and curiously it's always the same toxic users I keep seeing there spreading vile which probably means that there is some truth when people say "hateful but vocal minority" and when others talk about the "silent majority".

You guys are in for a treat regarding Fates, it's easily one of my fave FE games.

Also have you ever wondered how real life warfare would be if they were like FE gameplay? Soldiers would only be able to move a limited number of steps per turn, then they have to wait until their enemy spends their turn moving/attacking, jets would remain suspended in the air at the end of the turn, etc.
Actually, back during the American Revolution and Civil War soldiers actually fought somewhat like that. Essentially, since muskets and other firearms were not accurate in long range, soldiers had to march in unison towards the enemy until they got within range, while the enemy army did the same. Though that is just one kind of battlefield that happened during those times.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I like that sig btw. I saw another with a similar concept where every character in the roster was named after Marth, I wish I could find it. Link was called Green Marth and Toon Link was Baby Marth.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Hello, I am Water/Dragon type. Pleased to meet you. :4corrinf:

Also, I have a friend who is Water/Dark and has Protean. :4greninja:
FEAR THE FAIRY! :4jigglypuff:
Also, don't even try to use Gunk Shot with your Protean Greninja, because I have a friend ready to slam the ground.:4dk:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
FEAR THE FAIRY! :4jigglypuff:
Also, don't even try to use Gunk Shot with your Protean Greninja, because I have a friend ready to slam the ground.:4dk:
Wait a minute... DK is part Ground? Headbutt and Hand Slap... It makes sense now. O_O

Wait... That also makes him weak to Water-types... What if I just take him out first? If that doesn't work, I'll just bring back Lucario to deal with Jigglypuff. >_>

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Wait a minute... DK is part Ground? Headbutt and Hand Slap... It makes sense now. O_O

Wait... That also makes him weak to Water-types... What if I just take him out first? If that doesn't work, I'll just bring back Lucario to deal with Jigglypuff. >_>
If you try to hit my DK with a water attack my little mouse will zap you!:4pikachu:
And don't even try to bring back Lucario, I have a lot of friends who wants to know him. :4bowser::4falcon::4mario::4robinm::4feroy:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Show of hands, who's actually going to do this?
I honestly want to do this. But i am required by law to attend school on Friday. How dare the state law and school system interfere with my priorities. Azura and the Nohrian royal family are much, much more important than Geometry and Chemistry.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556

I am absolutely doing this. Already got approval to take off. (; Granted, I also have adult reasons to take off like tax prep and getting my hair done. BUT I will still be home in time to play like three whole hours earlier than I would otherwise. :b

Last edited:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I honestly want to do this. But i am required by law to attend school on Friday. How dare the state law and school system interfere with my priorities. Azura and the Nohrian royal family are much, much more important than Geometry and Chemistry.
It's a good thing that it is a half-term holiday in the UK on that day!

oh wait

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Okay, the hell's going on with the fan translation?

Proof that the fan-translation is inferior to the localized version.

It's a good thing that it is a half-term holiday in the UK on that day!

oh wait
I may not be European but even i think Europe not having a release date for Fates is not fair. Europe should at least have a "releases *insert month here* 2016".

alguidrag

Smash Ace
And i think i will have to wait until april to get the game... good thing that in april i will problaby alredy have money to get 2 versions

Nah

Smash Champion
Wait how the **** does Europe+Australia not have a release date for Fates yet

Especially the UK/Australia we speak the same language

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Almost halfway through the Conquest campaign. I just can't stop reiterating how satisfied I am with this one, the map design and objective variety is diverse and is definitely a challenging experience.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Awakening was released in USA on february 4th and in Europe on april 19th, so I suppose the game will be released in the early april days...

Wait how the **** does Europe+Australia not have a release date for Fates yet

Especially the UK/Australia we speak the same language
They're both PAL regions so they have all the European languages too.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Awakening was released in USA on february 4th and in Europe on april 19th, so I suppose the game will be released in the early april days...
Here is the funny thing about Awakening's release:

EU Announcement: 22nd Feb 2012
US Announcement: 6th Jun 2012
US Release: 4th Feb 2013
EU Release: 19th April 2013

So yeah, Europe is cursed. And when you consider that Fate's date hasn't been announced yet, we could be waiting a bit longer than April.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Here is the funny thing about Awakening's release:

EU Announcement: 22nd Feb 2012
US Announcement: 6th Jun 2012
US Release: 4th Feb 2013
EU Release: 19th April 2013

So yeah, Europe is cursed. And when you consider that Fate's date hasn't been announced yet, we could be waiting a bit longer than April.
Really it was announced in Europe almost 4 months before US? Wow, this is strange.
Right now I just hope for a march or an early april release, because this year I have exams from june to july and if the game is going to be released around that time, I will be so mad ;_;

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The comment section in a nutshell (these numbers aren't accurate)
50%-What about Europe?
15%-CENSORSHIP!
35%-I'm excited for this game.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

I wish I could but I can't because I have to go to school.

Tomorrow and Friday are going to be veeeeeery long.
(groans of increasing discomfort)

Ivander

Smash Legend
For those wondering about a certain support conversation, there actually is a video for the English version now.
Apparently, Serene Forest is happy with the localization of this support chain.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I wish I could but I can't because I have to go to school.

Tomorrow and Friday are going to be veeeeeery long.
(groans of increasing discomfort)
Now you know how I felt yesterday with SFV and PXZ2.

And I have to feel it AGAIN on Friday...:urg:

For those wondering about a certain support conversation, there actually is a video for the English version now.
Judging from what I heard, that's a lot better.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
IGN gives Conquest a 9.5/10 and Birthright a 9.4/10

I had to slow down the video just so i could read the Support conversation. To the people who upload videos of the Support conversations, make sure the viewer has enough time to read them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not even getting the game on Friday. My mom spent all our money on stuff for her new garden, so I'm renting the game through a rental website called Gamefly. But that also means waiting for it to arrive in the mail, and they might not even send it until Saturday.
If you try to hit my DK with a water attack my little mouse will zap you!:4pikachu:
And don't even try to bring back Lucario, I have a lot of friends who wants to know him. :4bowser::4falcon::4mario::4robinm::4feroy:
AHEM
:4charizard:
Besides, Bowser is part dark type.

D

Deleted member

*That feeling when you don't have classes on Friday*

I don't have classes on Friday either! :D

...But I preordered Fates (SE version) from GameStop online and I dunno when I'll get it. D:
Hopefully I can get it day of...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm not even getting the game on Friday. My mom spent all our money on stuff for her new garden, so I'm renting the game through a rental website called Gamefly. But that also means waiting for it to arrive in the mail, and they might not even send it until Saturday. AHEM
:4charizard:
Besides, Bowser is part dark type.
I recommend waiting until you buy the game. Renting it through GameFly means you have to pay a monthly fee and the progress you make on the rented copy will be for nothing when you buy your own copy.

*That feeling when you don't have classes on Friday*

I don't have classes on Friday either! :D

...But I preordered Fates (SE version) from GameStop online and I dunno when I'll get it. D:
Hopefully I can get it day of...
What state do you guys live in? Because Florida has school on Friday.

MASSIVE EDIT: New localized names
The Invisible Dragon class has been renamed to Silent Dragon.
Marth's Gentle Blade skill has been renamed to Dancing Blade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom