• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I just watched Camilla's marrying conversation with the main avatar, and I find it very sweet. It was obvious she knew they were not related and he liked him like a young childhood crush/friends, kinda like Sully x Chrom.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lazlow x Azura is one I plan on doing in the future. Who wouldn't want the kid as the worst singer in the army be the daughter of a very talented singer?
I love your signature. Can't wait till it changes to oboro :D
I'm already seeing it.
Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 8.13.27 PM.png

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I still don't know my Nohr waifu. Its either Pieri or Sev-I mean Selena

EDIT:Also LOL to the above post. That timing though.

EDIT:And as soon as I edit this, it showed Pieri. When I was posting it originally, it showed Selena.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I just realized, since I'm playing as a girl for my Nohr playthrough and my avatar will have Red hair and I'm planning to marry Odin, does that mean that I'll get a red haired Ophelia?

I never really though about it until now.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Because I won't have the money when Fates comes out I'm kinda low on hype but I still want this game a lot and maybe is for the best because I know almost anything about Fates because of this. And I don't know if I should feel bad for wanting Nohr since I knew Luna was there....yeah Tsunderes are my weakness.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just realized, since I'm playing as a girl for my Nohr playthrough and my avatar will have Red hair and I'm planning to marry Odin, does that mean that I'll get a red haired Ophelia?

I never really though about it until now.
So you're marrying Mr. Aching Blood?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Salado is at it again.

upload_2016-2-15_20-46-45.png

upload_2016-2-15_20-49-12.png

upload_2016-2-15_20-50-46.png

Bedoop travels across space in time just to snap a guy's 3DS in half before telling him off 70's style
This is why we buy the far-superior 2DS, children. No hinges <3

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I should probably start posting here since I plan to use Corrin.

Hey lol

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
To main Ganondorf without a secondary is to hate yourself tbqh

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the topic of Corrin shipping, I've never been fond of shipping in general. I'm just going to go for the second gen characters...but I don't do supports that feel wrong to me.

I'll try very, very hard to ignore that s/he can S-rank that s/he is supposed to see as siblings, or that are supposed to see him/her as siblings...but it'll still impact my overall enjoyment of the game. Just because two people aren't actually related doesn't mean they can't have a sibling relationship, and those S-ranks throw a wrench into that.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
corrin can marry his/her own siblings?
is there something you're trying to tell us nintendo?
something you want to tell the class?

seriously though, marrying your siblings is pretty gross.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
corrin can marry his/her own siblings?
Their justification is "oh, they're not real siblings", but I still see it as a stupid excuse for fan service, especially considering that it contradicts some of the game's themes.

I don't hate all fan service, but I really wish IS wouldn't let it take priority over characterization and story.

Last edited:

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
Their justification is "oh, they're not real siblings", but I still see it as a stupid excuse for fan service, especially considering that it contradicts some of the game's themes.

I don't hate all fan service, but I really wish IS wouldn't let it take priority over characterization and story.
when did the whole fanservice thing start in fe anyway? i don't hear people talk about it in the older games.
fanservice can be ok in small doses, but not when it's everywhere.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
when did the whole fanservice thing start in fe anyway? i don't hear people talk about it in the older games.
IS started implementing relationship stuff in the fourth game during the SNES days but I wouldn't be surprised if fans were shipping their favorite characters from the very beginning.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
IS started implementing relationship stuff in the fourth game during the SNES days but I wouldn't be surprised if fans were shipping their favorite characters from the very beginning.
It wasn't really bad until Awakening happened, though. That's when the fanbase really became divided.
Shipping is fine. I don't like to ship...but if other people want to ship, be my guest. If IS wants to encourage people to ship, than whatever. I find it cringe worthy at times, but I can just roll my eyes at that and move on. It doesn't really bother me too much, and I'm more than willing to accept FE's new fanbase.

My problem is that Corrin is able to end up in a romantic relationship with several characters who see him/her as a sibling. That kills some of the characterization they've had. Some of these characters refer to Corrin as their sibling, and they just turn around an marry him/her? That's really messed up, in my eyes.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
In 3 days I'm going to be jumping into the inferno with:
'
Everything I've typed below in spoilers you've most likely already heard, so just ignore those parts if you want.

I find it somewhat ironic how almost the entire Fire Emblem franchise has centered on heterosexual relationships, and no one bats an eye. The first game IS decides to add LGB characters, the game immediately got labeled as homophobic and took a while to clear up the mess(mostly). Though that can be argued with the popularity spike through Awakening. However people were so impatient they did that whole fan translation, and didn't even give Nintendo the chance to localize their own game. Which resulted in people crying about the skinship "removal", then the alteration of it. Heck, some people refuse to buy the game at all because of the "censorship" the game has, whether it's because they hate how Nintendo "listened" to the people complaining, or its just the people complaining about the changes in general who won't "buy" it. Pretty sure someone a few days ago already said it, but most likely all these idiots running around will most likely still buy it. Though I think that Nintendo might be a bit faster with their localizing now, they are still taking a while to completely grow used to modern day media.

Then there is the whole 3 games thing that happened. People were upset that they were charging for all three of them at their current retail price despite the fact that they would cost a little over half of what the regular game costs. Essentially, you only need one game to enjoy Fates. All the other ones are optional, just optional with major differences instead of Pokemon levels of differences. They effectively made 3 games, charging for the price of two for all of them, and people were ticked off at the start. Honestly kinda surprised people didn't see Revelations coming a mile away. 2 games with diverse casts of characters are most likely going to have fans who like both sides, so it was pretty bluntly obvious that there was going to be a 3rd path, in regular Pokemon fashion.

W̶a̶i̶t̶.̶.̶.̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶k̶e̶m̶o̶n̶?̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶V̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶V̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶p̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶!̶ ̶

A bit strange to look back 3-4 years later, looking at New Mystery of the Emblem and how niche Fire Emblem was during those days. Most people back then only knew Marth, Roy, Lyn and Ike. Now we've got this whole opera house talking about how "Fire Emblem is dead" and people straight up calling it "Waifu Emblem", and not in the insulting sense, in the sense in how they ACTUALLY view the game series. Just look up online for a while, and that is the most prevalent feature some entire circles of people will talk about. I joined with the newcomers through Awakening, so I can understand the liking of the characters to a certain level, just not THAT high a level. Then there are the elites who refuse to stop talking ill about the new games because they don't like how they are the most popular in the series despite the fact that there favorites were Japan exclusives from over 15 years ago. And I for one am REALLY looking forward to Conquest, cause I really want to get a feel for that old school FE gameplay.

Stated I was going to keep away from any and all Fates news and I have, but the current topic kinda got the gears turning in my head again. I'm not upset at all just incase I came across that way, going to buy all 3 versions, going to buy all the dlc, have all 4 amiibo with Roy on the way and hoping that he gets in through later updates. I'm feeling spoiled like no other. All that stuff I just wrote was supposed to be in a light hearted sense. In regards to those things I typed above, I honestly don't think a single one of those things I listed will put a dent in Fire Emblem's momentum. Which it shouldn't. But these 3 days are going to feel like those five minutes on Namek.

I'm actually going to start emulating the Fire Emblem games that aren't on the eshop, any recommendations on where I should start? I've heard FE4, 5 and 7 are most likely the best in the series, and while I do know a bit about all their stories, I don't know everything.

Well, just noticed I wrote an essay. At least my typing is finally improving.

Here, have an inappropriately placed comic

2014-07-15-577-Afterlife.png

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll get this out of the way; I am legitimately excited for Conquest. From the sounds of it, it's got almost everything I loved about Fire Emblem, and even improves upon it in some ways that I am really looking forward to. Like the new weapons system? I'm so sick of having to replace those Iron Swords with only 3 uses left and giving someone else a Silver Axe only to never actually have them use it. I mean, I've heard iffy things about the plot, and I haven't heard anything about the world building (I loved seeing how the different nations interacted in the FE7/FE8) - but if the gameplay is really as good as I expect it to be, I should be able to look past that.

It's just that when something I love has something I hate tied to it...well, I can just "ignore it" like everyone tells me to. I can learn to deal with it, but it'll always make me uncomfortable. I still don't feel like either Mega Mewtwo design does the original justice, so I choose not to mega evolve mine like everyone tells me to...but it still bugs me. I can't help it. It's the same here; I can just not to S-support Corrin with a sibling, but as long as the option is there, it'll haunt me. And every time Camilla or Hinoka or Elise refers to Corrin as their brother, I'll remember that they don't actually see him that way just so they can justify some fan service.

Okay, I don't think Soleil's supports were really homophobic either. That was really a huge overreaction. But the way homosexuality is presented in Fates is kind of stupid.
Not!Tharja and Niles are clearly just fan service, rather than being attempts at political correctness. And Soleil, who clearly has a heavy preference for girls, can't even S-rank one. Not even Fem-Corrin.
I find it rather distasteful, I don't believe it really does anything to support the LGBT cause. I hope they really tone Soleil down a bit in the localization. And by a bit I mean a lot.

I don't want to be that guy that hates everything modern FE. I want to give it a fair chance, and I want to appreciate the parts of it that I like. But I also want to voice my concerns, and I really hope IS and Nintendo do a better job at balancing fan service and characterization in the future. And I don't mean mean less fanservice - I just mean that fanservice shouldn't justify bad writing.

...I really hope I'm not coming off as too negative here.
I'll stop if I need to. I really don't want to kill anyone's hype, including my own.

Edit: Slightly relevant image I came across.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I'll get this out of the way; I am legitimately excited for Conquest. From the sounds of it, it's got almost everything I loved about Fire Emblem, and even improves upon it in some ways that I am really looking forward to. Like the new weapons system? I'm so sick of having to replace those Iron Swords with only 3 uses left and giving someone else a Silver Axe only to never actually have them use it. I mean, I've heard iffy things about the plot, and I haven't heard anything about the world building (I loved seeing how the different nations interacted in the FE7/FE8) - but if the gameplay is really as good as I expect it to be, I should be able to look past that.
Yeah, the weapon durability always annoyed me as well. I understand that the weapon system adds another strategy element to the games by making it so that you have to use the correct weapon in the correct situation, but honestly it just makes me never end up using the weapon. I almost never used rare items like rapiers and the legendary weapons just because I am so scared of wasting these weapons and never being able to use them again.

Regarding the story, I just hope that the negative first impressions from most people stem from the fact that the game's dialogue wasn't properly translated. If the story indeed is worse than Awakening, then I will lose all hope in a future FE game having a good story. That being said, I've heard positive things about the stories of both Birthright and Conquest from people who have played the review copies, so it does seem like the negative first impressions stem from the incomplete and improper translation of the Japanese version.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Regarding the story, I just hope that the negative first impressions from most people stem from the fact that the game's dialogue wasn't properly translated. If the story indeed is worse than Awakening, then I will lose all hope in a future FE game having a good story. That being said, I've heard positive things about the stories of both Birthright and Conquest from people who have played the review copies, so it does seem like the negative first impressions stem from the incomplete and improper translation of the Japanese version.
I'm not going in with high hopes for the story, but I seriously can't see it being as bad as Awakening's.

Yen'fay fighting his sister to protect her from someone who's thus far failed to capture her still makes absolutely no sense no matter how I look at it.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
The "major" problem I have with the new "weapons system" is the new Weapon Triangle, because I don't see why a lance would be super effective against a tome, but that's probably just me...
And I hate that all the weapons doesn't have a personal sprite but a generic one, it's disappointing :drsad:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The "major" problem I have with the new "weapons system" is the new Weapon Triangle, because I don't see why a lance would be super effective against a tome, but that's probably just me...
And I hate that all the weapons doesn't have a personal sprite but a generic one, it's disappointing :drsad:
Did the weapon triangle ever make much sense though?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
As a fan of the greatest nagitata user ever, Oboro, I can assure you that a lance beating a tome is everyday knowledge. Also, the lance is the least brawny type of weapon per say, and I think IS used Brain over Brawn, and maybe a Lancer is branier than Magic. I don't know

(Groans in Increasing Discomfort)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
On the topic of Corrin shipping, I've never been fond of shipping in general. I'm just going to go for the second gen characters...but I don't do supports that feel wrong to me.

I'll try very, very hard to ignore that s/he can S-rank that s/he is supposed to see as siblings, or that are supposed to see him/her as siblings...but it'll still impact my overall enjoyment of the game. Just because two people aren't actually related doesn't mean they can't have a sibling relationship, and those S-ranks throw a wrench into that.
It's not the first FE to have incest vibes lol

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Did the weapon triangle ever make much sense though?
I personally think there is a little of sense behind the weapon triangle.

The sword is the fastest of the three main weapons and the axe is the slowest, so is very possible that in a real situation a sword will have an advantage over the axe, the axe on the other hand will have an advantage over the lance because this one, generally, have a wooden handle that the axe can easily break, lastly the lance will have an advantage over the sword because is longer by a decent amount (so the sword will have a "reach" problem).

This is my personal view of the the weapon triangle.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
As morbid as it would be... Witch hunts. Most people only had access to pitchforks, farming tools, and what's the closest to that? Spears and lances. Witches were tied on sticks to burn, maybe even crucified, and probably skewered like Vlad the Impaler did to a bunch of people.

Top Bottom