• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

MacD

Banned via Administration
ahhhhhh, lovage... oh well, and thanks festizzio for letting me know, otherwise idk how i would have found out

connor we team then, yea??? double peach, we gonna **** man

at least kouryuu didn't techincally flake on the day of the tourny <3 lovage <3

EDIT: so kirbyreag, i'm assuming you need a ride, meet me at 11:45, i'll be somewhat on time for once

rei, that means like 11:50 if you want a ride from me, of course i'll call you to give you a couple min warning

CoolFalcon Z

Smash Rookie
connor can you inform me who's good in socal and who isn't I want to know who's a challenge here kinda need one there was never really none back in Idaho that's were im from.

So hopefully socal has something to offer

JDM

Smash Champion
NeighborhoodP is terrible CoolFalcon Z take his money right now.

Maybe raise it up to $50 cause he's such a n00b?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
cuz once you get ***** by socal you're gonna back out

that and a couple of weeks from now i prolly won't care cause most of the time i don't feel like playing to the extent of driving semi-far away to do it

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Why do you both have random capital letters at the end of your names?

Soulmates?

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Very good tournament. Thanks to Connor for being a great host.

I actually got quite far in both the singles and doubles. I had a great time playing friendlies with most of the people who went there. I am glad that I came to this tourney.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Fly Amanita: I've never seen IC's do anything like that kinda stuff up close. X_X

Freedom: Nice meeting you; fun friendlies. :)

Jkun: Sig got better at the Marth ditto, hehe. We should play again soon.

GSUB: Fun doubles, but bring your recording equip next time if possible. Please?

Bizzaro Flame: Your Ganon...surprised me. Previously, I had only seen Kage on youtube. You're a tough opponent. :)

MacD (Maybe a cool Downsmash?): I gotta play you more. I'd like to learn the Peach matchup better. Fun first round though.

Signia: Thanks for coming, lol.

Stab: We should play more. Nice to see you at the tourney. :)

Connor: Thanks for hosting a great tournament. I will definitely come to the next one as well. Nice seeing you again.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
results ?
Yeah dude, seriously.

It's the little things like this that bring down the community when you really think about it... Okay, we know these tournaments aren't the biggest things in the world, but that's exactly why you should post the results as soon as you can. "Get hype" as the little kids say nowadays. It makes it seem like something newsworthy actually happened, so maybe the people who didn't go say, "Wow, this ish was legit, I missed out" -- the monkey see monkey do effect.

That's why shoutouts are also important. But when you go in a tourny thread at the end of the day of the tourny, and there's nothing, it's like hey, I make a good decision in not attending -- I didn't miss ****. Makes it seem like the community is dead. That's why I attempted to give shoutouts most of the time.

And it's the tournament host's job to set a example...

Maybe I'm just an old and bitter though.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Great tourney Connor, as always ;]

Shoutouts:

GHAD: We're not too good on teams :/

Connor: Holy ****, you ***** my puff with your marth... fair -> reverse up-b :[

Kira: Fun doubles, thanks for teaching me a bit. Sorry about those doubles though near the end of the tourney.... I was out of it. Hahaha.

Bizzaro Flame: Great friendlies and great in tournament matches. It came down to me and you both times, haha. But you pulled through. It was great talking to you also. Hope to see you again.

Okami: Good seeing you. I wanna play you in singles. We only got to play once and I rea;;y wasn't feeling it, I think you could tell. hah.

ZeroKill: You're a coll guy ;] hahah. Try and rest out shield when you can, I saw soo many opportunities for you to do so when you were playing a marth, when he dashattacked into your shield. Good job recording, it's great for the community.

Jkun: Good seeing you, you're so funny. Hahaah. Your marth is good yo. But your fox is... new, like you said. Haha.

Mango: Don't look at me!!!

Subway: Thanks for being so good. Mmmm, toasted Subway Melt with lettuce, tomato, and mayo is delicious.

Stab: Thanks for the ride yo :]

Kirbyraeg: I always love watching you play people, they get so surprised. hahaha.

To anyone I missed, just tell me, and I'll add you :] I had a lot of fun, this was gooood.

Lovage

Smash Hero
wow you guys are wack LOL
if there's internet at the venue i always find a computer at the venue and post results ASAP

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Wow connor hasn't posted the results yet? what a noob

edit 3 - this is kira on psychomidget's account

1. mango
2. lucky
3. kira
4. fly amanita
5. connor
5. psychomidget
7. bizzaro flame
7. wasabi (?)

9. zoo lol

tourney of upsets

fly beat zhu in winners (2-1), then zhu had to leave so he forfeited to wasabi i believe

i fukkin ***** the **** out of joey
but he was playing bad
but only the set where i got 3-0'd was recorded :(

i beat fly yay

EDIT 2 - forgot to post doubles results

Doubles
1. mango + psychomidget
2. Lucky + Connor
3. Zhu + kira
4. boss + maple

dont know the rest, connor stop being lazy and upload the results already

doubles was amazing, zhu and i had the most fun playing through this bracket lmfao. mango got laser camped all day, plus we got ***** by bizzaro flame, that guy is legit and he uses ganon which just makes him more legit

freedom : bizzaro flame :: waffles : silentspectre

10$
out of 3
lol
this is going to be fun
Hey MM me too $10
this is kira-

EDIT -
Hey Cool Falcon Z, Fly Amanita wants to MM you too $10
Jkun also wants to MM $5

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
sorry Kira, I don't have the results because they're on Jenny's laptop. I'll have her send it to me on AIM later.

*tons of homework to do*

Fuego

Smash Cadet
Great tournament, was really glad I chose this one to get back into the scene. Two years is a long time.

Great fun. Good people. Thanks to everyone who was there, and thanks to Connor for hosting.

-Crash Override (the Marth who lost a lot)

Freedom

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

Jkun: Thanks for the ride man. Too good.

Kira: I don't get how I'm like Waffles. I want to be Phil.

ZeroKill: Nice playing you. Can't wait for you to post my match of me getting killed. I hope you don't actually make that montage...

OkamiBW: Man, you broke my controller! Haha, not really. Good friendlies. Let's play again.

Bizzarro Flame: The Most LEGIT GANON ever. I learned a lot about Ganon from you. Let's play again sometime.

Connor: Thanks for hosting.

Top Bottom