• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

Celph

Smash Journeyman
@Connor

I don't know why you're trying to split the melee community like this. I didn't mean to schedule the UCLA tourney on the same day as any other tournament (which is why I chose a Sunday) and I'm really sorry. Like I said, we're pretty much just given one date a quarter to get a room, so we have pretty much no flexibility to reschedule. I don't know what the circumstances of your house tournies are, but I'm willing to bet you can reschedule a lot more easily than I can. Your tournaments are Biweeklies right? I can't get another room for at least 2 months.

I thought melee players wanted more major tournaments back in the scene. I don't see how you trying to sabotage a hopefully large tournament in a nice venue just because you might not be able to go is exactly helping.
I agree with this one hundred percent, especially the bold.

Connor, when's the last time you had even 30+ entrants at your house? I think it's happened ONCE. Kindly shut the **** up.

well, it's because I'm almost positive we'd get the same amount of people here as your tournament if I had postponed mine. I also know that a lot of Melee players won't want to pay a $6 (it may not seem like much) but a lot of players (like me) are broke as ****. I'm also a lot closer to a majority of the community. it'll be almost all of the people but at my tournament, but they spend and travel less. I'll only postpone if NorCal (Melee community) is going to UCLA. otherwise, I'm sorry.
You're being a ****. No, you're wrong.

Bring a setup. Problem solved. Did you even read the rules?

Goober

Smash Apprentice
No drama guys! Connor's tourney is already moved haha.

Anyways I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about this whole thing, next time I'll do my best to get the room confirmed WAY further in advance. Sadly, scheduling the UCLA on the same day as other tournies by accident was my number one fear, and it came true! =/

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
this is set in stone for the 14th

/wrist

and I'll be bringing a set up to UCLA. I still need set ups :(

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'll probably show up to UCLA.

Sorry Connor, no promise that I'll show up to your tourney =\

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
if Kouryuu isn't going, then we'll team.

Boss, get more of SD to come!

Leon, you're a co-host, either you actually do something for once you aren't one anymore :(

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Φ_Φ
Θ_Θ

I will probably be coming. If I do, then I'll bring a setup

giqproeighp23rhgerqhpgbqu245hgp45uhg

▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒ ⌠
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓ ⌡
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓