• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
imo fox has the best colors
marth would be good too but white sucks

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
green marth is pretty
and ganon's colors are broken
its just different icing on the brown cake

but really
the new taj vs forward vids are wowzers amazing

embracethe12

Smash Lord
imo fox has the best colors
marth would be good too but white sucks
white does NOT suck
it's probably the worst of his 4
but white is OG

imagine starfox 64 with fox in another color other than white
it'd suck ****
admit it

edit- pink luigi for sure.

GSUB

Smash Lord
i'm with joep on this one.
ganons clolrs are win

dr. marios could be 20x better.

fox should also have yoshis color set.

and green fox is a marth counter.
we should infitiate a color counterpicking rule...

because it is CLEARLY why mango wins all the time.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i said all of fox colors are good

then mentioned marth would have all good colors but his white sucks

my bad on grammar

bbb

Smash Champion
blue doc
blue jiggs
blue ness
blue lui
blue everything

except marth, he's green

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
MELEE COMMUNITY COME TO THIS!

why?

$2 venue fee (UCLA = $6), and no brawl whatsoever.

please support my biweeklies!

bbb

Smash Champion
Connor's biweeklies are pretty cool, and I'm pretty cool, so you can only imagine where that puts Connor's biweeklies.

-this message has been approved by plan 9

Goober

Smash Apprentice
yeah imo that $6 venue fee is BS, especially since it's just going to some stupid frat. Frats are ********.
Ouch dude, I'm pretty sure you're thinking about social/greek fraternities. This is a pre-professional frat which means both guys and girls, no frat house, and no crazy drinking parties lol. It's called a fraternity but it's much more like a club than what most people think a frat is.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Ouch dude, I'm pretty sure you're thinking about social/greek fraternities. This is a pre-professional frat which means both guys and girls, no frat house, and no crazy drinking parties lol. It's called a fraternity but it's much more like a club than what most people think a frat is.
well if it's different, then I take it back, but the venue fee sentiment still stands, and, as can be seen, the fee is a barrier to entry for some.

MacD

Banned via Administration
psh, UCLA is so far, connor is close, connor is cheaper, connor has cooler people over

i'll probably go to UCLA

ok, not really,

Goober

Smash Apprentice
the venue fee would destroy my wallet and I probably wouldn't be able to go.
@Connor

I don't know why you're trying to split the melee community like this. I didn't mean to schedule the UCLA tourney on the same day as any other tournament (which is why I chose a Sunday) and I'm really sorry. Like I said, we're pretty much just given one date a quarter to get a room, so we have pretty much no flexibility to reschedule. I don't know what the circumstances of your house tournies are, but I'm willing to bet you can reschedule a lot more easily than I can. Your tournaments are Biweeklies right? I can't get another room for at least 2 months.

I thought melee players wanted more major tournaments back in the scene. I don't see how you trying to sabotage a hopefully large tournament in a nice venue just because you might not be able to go is exactly helping.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
well, it's because I'm almost positive we'd get the same amount of people here as your tournament if I had postponed mine. I also know that a lot of Melee players won't want to pay a $6 (it may not seem like much) but a lot of players (like me) are broke as ****. I'm also a lot closer to a majority of the community. it'll be almost all of the people but at my tournament, but they spend and travel less. I'll only postpone if NorCal (Melee community) is going to UCLA. otherwise, I'm sorry.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
@Connor

I don't know why you're trying to split the melee community like this. I didn't mean to schedule the UCLA tourney on the same day as any other tournament (which is why I chose a Sunday) and I'm really sorry. Like I said, we're pretty much just given one date a quarter to get a room, so we have pretty much no flexibility to reschedule. I don't know what the circumstances of your house tournies are, but I'm willing to bet you can reschedule a lot more easily than I can. Your tournaments are Biweeklies right? I can't get another room for at least 2 months.

I thought melee players wanted more major tournaments back in the scene. I don't see how you trying to sabotage a hopefully large tournament in a nice venue just because you might not be able to go is exactly helping.
Have you even been keeping up with the Community?? Obviously not. We are not desperate for a Major.

We don't give A FLYING FUCK about your Frat and I know I'm not about take money outta my wallet just to support your Frat. Sorry dude but don't think you can use tourney's to have the community help fund/support your frat. We ain't *****es.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
GTFO Goober, get pooped on.

ps:

get work off beeches, bossy biweekly on feb 28th.

socal biweeklies are taking over once again.

GO POST IN THE BIWEEKLY THREAD RIGHT HERE

see u all there :)

Goober

Smash Apprentice
goober- jst make ur tourney all brawl. problem solved. that way all of melee can go to connors.
It's ok, we'll probably do Melee even if most people go to this because there's actually quite a few Melee players @ UCLA and I don't want to let them down lol.

@Koryuu

This isn't to fund the "frat". I'm not sure what you're thinking but we aren't a social frat, we're not using this money to buy beer or something. We give most of our money to this organization: http://www.childrensmiraclenetwork.org/

And the rest we spend doing our volunteer and public outreach activities. It's a pre-med organization.

I don't get ANYTHING from hosting this, I'm not even an officer in the club. The only reason I'm doing this is because I like Smash, and I want to have tournaments here. The only way to get rooms here is to do it through fundraisers for a registered club.

On a side note, I haven't been keeping up with the Melee community that much, or the Brawl one really. But I have played you before.

(I won)

embracethe12

Smash Lord
goober is doing more sabotaging than anyone else
imo
-tgl
theres already a melee and a brawl tourney scheduled for that date

Goober

Smash Apprentice
well, it's because I'm almost positive we'd get the same amount of people here as your tournament if I had postponed mine. I also know that a lot of Melee players won't want to pay a $6 (it may not seem like much) but a lot of players (like me) are broke as ****. I'm also a lot closer to a majority of the community. it'll be almost all of the people but at my tournament, but they spend and travel less. I'll only postpone if NorCal (Melee community) is going to UCLA. otherwise, I'm sorry.
That's cool, you have good reasons. I don't really mind if people don't come to the UCLA tourney because yours is closer/cheaper, but I just don't like being THE ENEMY. Like if people choose to go to the UCLA one they're going against the community or something.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
yeah, I have no intentions of making you "the enemy." if I suddenly become free Saturday (which I really hope doesn't happen), I'll change my tournament to Saturday.

Top Bottom