• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
A Day in the Life of Leon

Two nights ago I went out to dinner with my family. I wish I had gone with my friends. "That's what she said" has definitely lived past its prime; now it is an obligatory statement after a grand assist from an unwitting speaker. Sometimes, however, its past glory shines true...

My little brother had been ******* around with the little salsa bowl being shared between him, myself, my uncle, and my sister. After touching it so much, my uncle asked my brother if he was even going to taste it. He was met with a "no." So my uncle said,

"Hell, you've already fingered it, you might as well eat it."

And all I could do was sit there and watch opportunity pass me by.

Aesis

Smash Ace
im glad ppl like my avatar
but connor moved the biweekly
ill be in italy
i hate you

edit: going to sd triweekly now hope to see you guys there

Maverick69

Smash Ace
holy **** you melee *******s suck you got me reading pacwest now i have a million posts to read at the end of the day.

I cant decide what i want to do as my main. I want to improve and intend to practice i just dont know if i have the time to dedicate to an uphill battle. The only ones im considering changing to are falco and marth. Fox has just always bugged me, and sheik plays too weird for me. You guys can help me out next time we all meet up.

PS - I'm dying >.<

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
if time is a factor, pick marth. you don't have to learn much tech skill, it's just 90% spacing, which applies (and carries over) to every character anyway. grab combos and spacing. all you need.

joeplicate

Smash Master
don't get discouraged and start switching around with every high tier in the game, chances are you'll get whooped no matter what character you pick for awhile

just play who you like/are comfortable with and don't fret about it

Maverick69

Smash Ace
well i know that and i dont intend to switch. Honestly the only 3 I consider are Marth, falco, and Falcon cuz those are the only ones I like that dont suck. (I guess peach kinda but w/e thats more my screw around char.) If I was going solely off who I have fun with no matter how I fare I'd go back to my original Main/Secondary Ganon and Jiggs rofl

Basically I just want to wean myself on an easier character to learn I.E. Marth until my tech skill, spacing, and basic knowledge of the game rises, then I'll go full Falcon. I mean right now I cant even wavedash on cammand every time. :/

joeplicate

Smash Master
jake:
what you need to do:

practice tech skill
no joke, turn on yo TV right now and learn how to move around with a character

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
do what cactuar does and practice getting in and out of your moves as quickly as possible

aerial to fox trotting away, sh waveland to jab to whatever, etc. etc.

it helps a lot

DJMirror

Smash Master
I just play alot of friendies and try to get it together like trying to wavedash during the fighting, L canceling all my aerial attacks, Waveland everytime i get the ground if i dont want to L cancel instead, Try to Grab people with JC Grabs and other stuff

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Tonight we were playing Mario Party 1 and I had a perfect first round.
I rolled a 10, landed on a mushroom square, picked the red mushroom, rolled another 10, landed on a single player mini-game, randomed Whack-A-Plant, jumped on every plant, and won the 4 player mini-game. I had 56 coins before the second round had started.

bbb

Smash Champion
lol, the thing wasn't over when we quit out, so he didn't lose, in fact, he was still in first

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I wish i coulda been at stevens last night. But Infected Mushroom was raaaaape. I'm deaf, I cant move my neck, i have a little top hat that says happy new years, random chicks kept running up and dancing with me, a ridiculously hot girl lifted her dress up on stage at midnight, and a fat girl bumped into me and then fell down. Successful new years imo.

Top Bottom