• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
shoutouts

Connor- Congrats on third and good job ****** me.

Adam- Why didn't you enter singles?

Joe- I was initially worried that I'd hold you back in doubles and that I'd make you place lower than you deserved to, but fortunately that wasn't the case!

Johnny- Nice job in singles and it was fun playing you in that Yoshi ditto. I wish I didn't have to leave right when I had an opportunity to play a few more games with you.

Lovage- I should be on AIM pretty often this week.

Bizzarro Flame- Nice Ganon, as always. I hope you do well in your Norcal tourneys!

Joey- Playing against you can be so scary. I barely did anything to you in the first set of doubles grand finals. *_*

Brawl+- You're weird, but amusing.

Plan 9- Always nice seeing you.

Fly- Good games. I honestly went in our first set expecting to lose. Changing the way I played the ICs matchup must've confused you haha
You just outplayed me. I couldn't get a good sense of when you would stop laser camping or what you would do once you stopped. After a brief visit to Youtube, though, I think I have better understanding of my options against that sort of approach to the match-up, so I'll be better prepared next time!

fly - im surprised ur so good vs fox man, dealing with that kind of pressure as ic's is sooo gaay >.> mad pros
I think I'm gradually getting a better sense of what works and what doesn't in that match-up, but you know better than anybody else that I still have a lot of room for improvement, lol. I'm glad to be making progress, though!

bbb

Smash Champion
ur an all american hero fly

I would fight for your honor

emil get at me *** and maybe I will lol

D

Deleted member

Fly your yoshi is very good in ssb 64

to improve maybe you should steal some of Isai's moves in his videos

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Thanks. I can't find any videos of Isai's Yoshi on youtube, though. Maybe I'll re-watch some Sossi and Prince videos.

I think I'm going to start playing online, too. I'm a little concerned about lag since my laptop is mediocre, but it couldn't hurt to try.

bbb

Smash Champion
well, 805 wants to convene at joes monday for smash, I was thinking about bringing BB

if ur down come by and maybe I'll house you or sometin

Lovage

Smash Hero
Thanks. I can't find any videos of Isai's Yoshi on youtube, though. Maybe I'll re-watch some Sossi and Prince videos.

I think I'm going to start playing online, too. I'm a little concerned about lag since my laptop is mediocre, but it couldn't hurt to try.
he doesn't have any yoshi vids i dont think since he deleted all his online videos
but sossi and prince are great to watch

ill send you the files to play online sometime this week and show you how to set it up. but then you need to play on keyboard OR buy a controller converter for 10 bucks and hope it works with your controllers

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
fly amanita is like a robot cyborg super computer that wont die

every time he gets ***** by something he researches it and it never happens again

its only a matter of time...

DJMirror

Smash Master
AI is legit if you know what up

Connor next time you go to AI you are going with me and john (aka Yumero)

and i guess I'll bring Kira as well =/

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
shout-outs

zephyr: Your fox is really good, you beat me in crews, doubles and a money match lol
Eric: You should have entered singles man, get someone to lend you the money and pay them back
psychomidget: I'm glad I got to play your jiggs even though it was really rusty, hopefully I'll get to play it again when it's not rusty
Jenny: Nice job on fixing that TV
Connor: Nice tourney connor and I'll try to be less obvious. It's been a problem for me for a while now
Bizzaro Flame: if I get to see you again before you go to UC Merced then I want to play friendlies against your ganon all day. Even though i haven't played your secondaries yet. =O
Jason: What were you planning to do to me at the end of the tourney?
Sam: Very close games in tourney. I didn't want to camp but I had no idea what to do against Dsmash on the top platform lol
Replicate: Thanks for the tips and stuff. I'll try and that stuff
Fly: I'm glad I got to paly you in a singles match finally. Though i want to play you some mroe to get that IC's exp =D
Lucky: I missed my chance to get carried by you in teams lol
GB: Nice teaming with ya, double falco didn't work too well but it was fun. Wish I got to play you in singles matches
Squid & Spazz: The only time I see you guys is at Connor's tournies lol
Plan 9: You're Y. Link and Falcon are really good.
Zen: You're Falco is a lot better than mine lol. I got pretty lucky that first match
Lovage: 5 bucks to put my controller back together? Really?
Other SD people: Nice meeting you =D
P: I wanted to play you but never got the chance. =(
Practice man: You're falcon is getting a lot better. The Hale Chetori combo is too good lol
Dopple: Your death sound imitations are really good
Piggy: Using the C-stick isn't gay lol. I mean, it think 99% of everyone would think that the constant down Bs after everything is worse than you using the Cstick lol
Johnny: I wish I got to play you more at this. We were gonna play until crews interrupted =(
Rei: Be a champ and grow your hair back out =)
Everyone else: Nice seeing you and sorry if I forgot you
Ice Cream Man: I asked for strawberry AND YOU GAVE ME COOKIES N' CREAM!

DJMirror

Smash Master
what i plan to give you stab was a bag of goodies

it's so good it'll change your life

Gsub and Ekoli if you ever tell stab what me jdm and rei were going to give him then i swear to god i'll Q you

Grila

Smash Journeyman
players who showed up to this tournament and didn't enter or pay venue fee - you're ******s
**** off i got it

**** that like 2 of grev crew members right there
**** you too

GSUB - clogged toilets are gay. What's up with not entering and not paying venue? ITS A TOURNAMENT NOT TAKE UP SET UPS FOR FRIENDLIES AND DELAYING THE TOURNAMENT FOR FREE.

Ekoli - What's up with not entering and not paying venue? ITS A TOURNAMENT NOT TAKE UP SET UPS FOR FRIENDLIES AND DELAYING THE TOURNAMENT FOR FREE.
i got it connor ill pay for them

and whoever clogged the toilet wtf lmao dont be a ***** next time **** happens

DJMirror

Smash Master
Grila you mad

Arcade Infinity

you dont have to play Fighting games macd

they have Puzzle fighters and DDR for you to play

plus you can play Melty Blood with me it might be your type of fighting game or tekken

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Grila you mad

Arcade Infinity

you dont have to play Fighting games macd

they have Puzzle fighters and DDR for you to play

plus you can play Melty Blood with me it might be your type of fighting game or tekken
ddr is fun tho.

i wanna play mbaa. let's go.

joeplicate

Smash Master
connor you shoulda played some shmups, boy!
had a fun time like me and oskie did

fly, you changed the way you play fox so much, I was caught off guard and simultaneously really impressed. You grabbed me out of drills so many times, I thought it was a safe option before. All those bairs out of shield, too, were really effective, and whenever I went up to camp the platforms you would read me coming down and punish. And those desynch chaingrabs!! That's some AR ****, you literally zero to deathed me on the edge once. I'm out of practice in the matchup, forgot how to gimp nana, and I don't believe in camping--today I practiced vs level 1 ics and thought of safe things I could do to your shield. Fthrow, downtilt??, falling upairs, and spaced nairs and bairs. I'll get you next time, you're not the only smasher who can learn from their mistakes!! <3

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol good **** connor

and good **** fly, i knew you'd start ****** people soon cuz it seemed like you were in a slump. but the way improvement works in this game is like a staircase: you learn something which causes you to jump up a level, then you stagnate, jump up, stagnate. pretty frustrating but rewarding at the same time

and good **** oscar for getting that 2nd place

and joey for not allowing upsets to happen
except in teams lol what happened

wish i coulda gone. but full results would be cool

Lovage

Smash Hero
all i can remember is

1. lucky
2. lovage
3. conn0r
4. fly amanita
5. psycho ******
5. replicate
7. sMoke2jointz
7. ?

1. replicate + fly
2. lucky + P
3. lovage + s2j
4. conn0r+ psycho ******

there were 30+ people there, but only 21 signed up for singles. BOOOOO

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Joe, I think you're a little too aggressive against ICs. Not wanting to camp is fine, but it's still good to wait a bit before approaching every now and then. In our tourney set, I noticed that depending on how you were positioned relative to me, I could nair, jab, or fair to stop your approach whereas if you threw in a random DD and then approached with a shine or something, you probably would have caught me off-guard.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
shinegrab more. if you miss Popo, you get to grab Nana. then you fthrow that ***** and it hits both climbers :)

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
ffff I forgot I have to help my ****** friend get around this week.

Let me know if anything is happening next week. Derek Ill call yo *** or somethin. Do you have an aim?

LuCKy

Smash Master
im tellin ya joe gimme a hour with ur *** n ill let yo uknow whats up vs ics lol

for fly though the foxes of today dont play like the foxes that chu played. . . so again mad props for learning on ur own lol

and kiraaaa why wasnt ur *** there lol ive been playing so much cuz you almost beat me n i lost to zhu again. . . but both of u ****ers wernt there -.- either way im taking both of you *****s out next time :]

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol good **** connor

and good **** fly, i knew you'd start ****** people soon cuz it seemed like you were in a slump. but the way improvement works in this game is like a staircase: you learn something which causes you to jump up a level, then you stagnate, jump up, stagnate. pretty frustrating but rewarding at the same time

and good **** oscar for getting that 2nd place

and joey for not allowing upsets to happen
except in teams lol what happened

and good **** PsychoMidget, you're my favorite guy ever. If you didn't choke so much you'd **** everyone, even mango.

jk not mango cuz he *****

you should team with mango again

-psychomidget

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
what i plan to give you stab was a bag of goodies

it's so good it'll change your life

Gsub and Ekoli if you ever tell stab what me jdm and rei were going to give him then i swear to god i'll Q you
Lmao, dnt worry, i think its good for the kid, i bet ya 10 bux that once u give the goods 2 him, he'll do 30 times better in a tournament ;)

**** that like 2 of grev crew members right there
snitch
Ekoli - i'm going to **** you in the next tournament to make that score 4-0
I'll be sure 2 enter next time so i can 4 stock u again

Ekoli - What's up with not entering and not paying venue? ITS A TOURNAMENT NOT TAKE UP SET UPS FOR FRIENDLIES AND DELAYING THE TOURNAMENT FOR FREE.
Sry, I had enough money for the venue fee and tourney but, I felt exhausted after a couple of friendlies for some reason, so i felt i wouldnt really care as much if i entered the tournament. As for the venue fee, sry i 4got lol, i'll be sure to pay u bak next time i see u

Top Bottom