• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor and PsychoMidget presents: A tournament in IRVINE! (:

hugQ Cortex

Master
I'm coming to this and bringing 4 TVS, 2 Game Cubes, and 1 VCR. Yes, I am amazing :)

I just have one question...around what time is the tourney predicted to end? My ride won't be able to pick me up from Westminster until 11:30pm, and I was wondering if the venue will be open up until that time? I don't know what I'll be doing on the streets with 4 TVs...

If the venue closes before 11:30pm and I get kicked out, would anyone from the area be willing to let me relax at their place with my TVs until my ride gets back? If so, that would be a HUGE help! But this is only if the venue closes early...so I hope someone steps up if need be :)

:) :)

Also, which event is first? Doubles or singles?

Impish

Smash Rookie
aww craps i cant make it, my brother is having some family graduation party, i already know i missed out on this :*(.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Spectators are fine. They can play friendlies if they want.

Well, now that this tournament has gotten a little bigger than I predicted, I'm going to have to set up TVs outside (in the shade, of course. There will be stations out in the front and back yard. We'll be using the living room, kitchen, Dana's bedroom, and possibly the restroom. o_O Maybe not.

I will be using a laptop to run the tournament on Tio. I'm going to go set up the tournament today.

@ HUG: It is quite possible that you may be able to stay very long, but if the tournament runs badly and the parents get pissed, we'll be forced to tell everyone to leave. I'm sure there will be people that will let you stay over, though. Btw, thanks for your equipment! It is much appreciated. Doubles is first.

We need some tables, now :O THERE WILL BE NO FRIENDLIES ON FRIDAY UNLESS YOU'RE GOING TO THE STD!!! WE'LL BE CLEANING UP THE HOUSE (its so messy) and SETTING UP.

The Game II, when you arrive tomorrow, make sure you talk to me (ask for sushiman). I would like to talk to you about the VCRs. This is my first smashboards tournament, so I don't want to make any big mistakes like not setting them up on SP.

How should I keep the money safe? Sealed envelope or something else? How many people should keep an eye on it?

Uke

Smash Cadet
Here's an update, guys. While we were setting up, we hav discovered that we only need seven more TVs at the moment. Also, we need nine more gamecubes. I will update some more in a few hours.

From Sushiman:
I'll be labeling everyone's stuff with duct tape and a sharpie, so your stuff won't be lost. If you have a TV, we'll be there to put the TV somewhere. I hope you don't have any problems with having TVs outside, btw.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I'm back home.

Now, we need more GCs and less TVs! We don't have enough room for many more TVs, guys! If you can't bring a GC, bring the game SSBM! Thanks a lot!

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
We'll most likely have to put some of the TVs away, so if you don't mind, you can leave them just in case we do need them. Don't worry, we have a team of TV carriers with us.

hugQ Cortex

Master
I need a doubles partner. My friend isn't able to come for financial reasons :(

I main Samus and I'd like to think that I'm a mini-extension of HugS but nowhere near the crazy pro-status he is :) :)

Team with me and I can guarantee us a high placement ;)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
when does this start again? it says 11am for set up

when does the actual tournament start? Hopefully we start on time, I have lots of things to do tommmorrow, hopefully it wont last too late

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I need a doubles partner. My friend isn't able to come for financial reasons :(

I main Samus and I'd like to think that I'm a mini-extension of HugS but not crazy pro-status as he is :) :)

Team with me and I can guarantee us a high placement ;)
dude i will team with you if my other teammate bails on me!!! I play as Samus too!!!
Samus ftw!

Redragon

Riddle Me This

Smash Cadet
You know what!? I'm kinda sad now that i can't make it cuzz my mommy won't give me a 20! hahah

Sorry hugo, my bad on my last minute issues. . .im only 16 going on 17 in a month! At first i didn't feel like going but and then i got all excited and now i can't go....****!

oo yea, whoever is worthy in teaming with Hugo, "i hope your better than isai" ;)

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
when does this start again? it says 11am for set up

when does the actual tournament start? Hopefully we start on time, I have lots of things to do tommmorrow, hopefully it wont last too late
yeah i had the same question.....
Anyone have the exact time it starts???

Redragon

Uke

Smash Cadet
The exact time it starts is when everyone gets here and finishes setting up, duh. Anyway, the STD got a little out of hand. After smashing, we proceeded to beating the living sh*t out of Connor. He's so fat that he actually creates a vacuum and sucks your foot in when you kick him.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Ummm sushiman one of the asian guys has my controller. it's a purple controller with a circle sticker underneath it. can u please hold it for me and give it to me when u come to my tourny??? thanks :D

i think the guys was wearing a hat.... please tell me if you saw him. ty.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Great tournament Sushiman!!! Had lots of fun....
Hope you all were impressed with my Samus :cool:

Anyways can you make a list of 1st place to last just to see it all
Like: 1)Ken
2) Manacloud
etc etc

Hope to see you all at Aznforce's tournament!!!!

Redragon

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
That was a fun tournament, guys! I think it ran pretty smoothly. Thanks, everyone, for cooperating, too. I didn't need to get Dana/Uke's microphone with amp out. It made my job a lot easier. If there was any problem with anything, you can talk to me. It turned out that we got MORE TVs than we needed, and less GCs! Haha. (: Good thing we had extra.

PsychoMidget: Fun games, man! Thanks for bringing over a TV and stuff. It was great getting to know you and Marcus. Come again next time!

Marcus: Good games, dude. Your Marth is funny.

sniper: Thanks for the friendlies!

Raqu: Your Link is too good ):

Connor: You took out 4 guys. You're a freaking beast in crews, even if there wasn't a prize! Good job in doubles, too! I beat you once, though!

K-OS: I still can't beat you :O

HUGQ: Hey, thanks for the friendlies! I hope you had fun. Come back next time!

Ken and Manacloud: Good luck with OC3! I hope my donation was put to good use. Thanks for helping me run the tournament faster, Mana.

Izik: Lol, thanks for guarding the money!

Aznforce: Thanks for coming over. I'll try to make it to your tourney and get your controller back!

Redragon: I like your Samus, but I like HUGQ's better (: Seeya around next time.

Uke/Dana: Thanks again for letting us use your house! We'll probably not use it again, though. It was waayyy to crowded.

Andrew: Stupid noob.

Overall, I made lots of new friends and got some EXP. I may have even leveled up! Stick around for my next tournament! Results are coming soon.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
"Redragon: I like your Samus, but I like HUGQ's better (: Seeya around next time."

hmmm i took out alot of great players in singles(and friendly's) and i held my own against HUGQ (Kinda)
Man i crouch canceled about half the attacks to me lol.
Great tourney, had lots of fun,

manacloud1

Smash Champion
=)

That was a fun tournament, guys! I think it ran pretty smoothly. Thanks, everyone, for cooperating, too. I didn't need to get Dana/Uke's microphone with amp out. It made my job a lot easier. If there was any problem with anything, you can talk to me. It turned out that we got MORE TVs than we needed, and less GCs! Haha. (: Good thing we had extra.

PsychoMidget: Fun games, man! Thanks for bringing over a TV and stuff. It was great getting to know you and Marcus. Come again next time!

Marcus: Good games, dude. Your Marth is funny.

sniper: Thanks for the friendlies!

Raqu: Your Link is too good ):

Connor: You took out 4 guys. You're a freaking beast in crews, even if there wasn't a prize! Good job in doubles, too! I beat you once, though!

K-OS: I still can't beat you :O

HUGQ: Hey, thanks for the friendlies! I hope you had fun. Come back next time!

Ken and Manacloud: Good luck with OC3! I hope my donation was put to good use. Thanks for helping me run the tournament faster, Mana.

Izik: Lol, thanks for guarding the money!

Aznforce: Thanks for coming over. I'll try to make it to your tourney and get your controller back!

Redragon: I like your Samus, but I like HUGQ's better (: Seeya around next time.

Uke/Dana: Thanks again for letting us use your house! We'll probably not use it again, though. It was waayyy to crowded.

Andrew: Stupid noob.

Overall, I made lots of new friends and got some EXP. I may have even leveled up! Stick around for my next tournament! Results are coming soon.
for your 1st tournament it ran very smoothly with that amount of people so congrats. It was a successful tournament and you knew what to do. Maybe in the future more people can do that as well without needing my help. We are also glad for the donations, we sincerely need it to help out bombsoldier even if it was just 5 bucks. All helps in our case.

Good games everyone, we had fun.

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
very fun tournament man lol and yea playin everyone in the friendlies was great gg wit everything man/.....and sushi lvlin up eh ^_^ gg but yea u needa practice more and now that schools out u have no "im studying man" excuse lol and i also made new friends and eevryone was nice even though the place was like uber small xPP but cool nun the less....also i shall be hosting a turny bfor oc3 to help ken raise muny itl be a "fundraiser" if u will like they say everyone needs to help out ....i hope to see u guys there ^_^

anti

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney, I played alot of people so I don't remember much names except for:

HUGQ - It was fun playing you in friendlies, nice samus (HUGQ COMBO!!!)

MFP - lol nice job taking out like 16 stocks or something in crews

Mana - Good games, I'll beat you some day :] lol

Sushiman - Thanks for holding this tourney, fun matches

K-os - Nice games, pretty good sheik ^^

Everyone else - I had lots of fun playing friendlies, I played too many friendlies to remember everyone's name, GG's

P.S. Glen, thanks for recording matches and when are you going to have them up?

hugQ Cortex

Master
U-Air

"Redragon: I like your Samus, but I like HUGQ's better (: Seeya around next time."

hmmm i took out alot of great players in singles(and friendly's) and i held my own against HUGQ (Kinda)
Man i crouch canceled about half the attacks to me lol.
Great tourney, had lots of fun,

LOL, man I thought we were just having fun. I'll make sure to go for the 4 stock next time instead of the 2-3 ;) ;) ;) You should play HugS btw and tell me how it goes...he three-stocks me every time ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sushiman and Dana: Good job hosting and organizing this tourney. It's a shame you guys didn't need the 4 TVs I brought from home. But I guess it's for the better since the tourney ended early and I had the freedom to roam Westminster until my ride came. Again, you guys were great.

RAQU: Verrrry close set man. My heart was racing. I'll make sure to clean up my edgeguard game vs your Link for our next tourney set :)

Anti: Your Fox and Marth are kickin' man. I had fun playing all those friendlies with you. I gotta nail down that 5-hit U-Air combo on Marth and share my findings with HugS hahah.

MFP and that one Shiek player and that one Falco player: Fun friendlies guys :)

Ken: Your Game and Watch is way too fun to play. I have to work really hard to bring that nasty GW to barely one stock haha. You're ridiculously good with like every character. Nice talking to you :)

Mana: I don't think we've played yet.

Derek: I actually got to the tourney late, so I didn't participate in doubles haha. We could've taken second ;)

Everyone else: I had a fun time smashin' with everyone. The crews we did after the tourney was pretty fun hahah. Lol, some of you guys thought I was HugS. C'mon people, have you seen the man in person? You guys will spot him pretty easily. He looks like a beast and will probably be wearing his elitist MLG shirt. :)

Top Bottom