• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Halloween Captain, how far away are you from Tolland? We should smash sometime.

Do you prefer Melee or Brawl?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

noodles

Smash Champion
im going to start making links in the first page to tournament results to help panelists for both games. im not gonna look for previous results though. link it here if you want any results before this post in the first page

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Oh snap you guys live in CT? wtf lol.

Ive to connecticut maaaad times visit friends and fams for years lol.
D.amn, if only i knew...
n/e wayz
Any melee tourneys next weekend?

I finally shook off the rust from my bowser thanks to APEX lol.
Now i wanna **** fooz wit the dragon lol.
Smashin over here seems a lil lameish for some reason.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
DJ says your Bowser is like the only one he respects, WK.

I'm not surprised, I remember seeing that beast in action years ago.

Dayum.

Now I wanna learn Bowser.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I got the honor of playing against WarriorKnight
in teams
, and KevinM hasn't even gotten a chance to meet him yet.

I suppose that makes me a better Bowser than Kevin :bee:

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Yea me and DJ started playin as him at the same time back in the day. We had the beast double bowser team back then and its still good now. Except that DJ improved so much in my absense that i feel i hold him back once in a while.
Word lol.

Is Kevin M going to Genesis?
HOw bout the rest of ya? Ya goin to Genisiz?

Ima go get so much money money matchin ppl lol.

shararah

Smash Cadet
Yo!
I'm in Avon, CT just looking to play some nice competitive friendlies for a couple hours, I'd be down to travel or playing at my house is cool....anybody want to play?

Khaly

Smash Cadet
hey guys! i'm awesome.
lets smash. no homo.

i prefer we roll up a rather large doobie prior to engaging in sex.
and by sex i mean smashing.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Shararah, you up for driving to Tolland sometime? I'm really busy practically all the time due to working ridiculous during the summers. I always find time to smash though.

noodles

Smash Champion
Brawl rankings are up. i just took the NE pr list and took the top 5 ct players.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Dear CT thread,

Looking at Ally's snake play made me think. (This is totally up for discussion) Snake and diddy have items, now lets focus on Snake here. You can use his nades mines and c4 to camp and what not but theres another way you can use them. To set traps and limit movement of your opponent, this could be considered a form of stage control right? (If not let me know xD) These characteristics are the same as an everyday Item right? So, my point is, if snake has his own items... why can't we have items on? I have a a crazy theory that items were put in the game for a reason O_O (DUN DUN DUUUUN) and that putting items in would level the playing field for the tiers. Combos can potentially exist. To think of it in a different aspect, think of the creators making snake in the game with all those booby traps and items he has, BUT to balance it they added a potential for a shift in stage control. Through regular items. That way a Mario can come back if a fan had popped up infront of him.Point is Items were added for another reason. To balance the game, Makes sense?

P.S.
I miss smashin with my hispanic buddy Papito

Heres my thread with more in depth detail and theory
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7769778#post7769778

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Dear CT thread,

Looking at Ally's snake play made me think. (This is totally up for discussion) Snake and diddy have items, now lets focus on Snake here. You can use his nades mines and c4 to camp and what not but theres another way you can use them. To set traps and limit movement of your opponent, this could be considered a form of stage control right? (If not let me know xD) These characteristics are the same as an everyday Item right? So, my point is, if snake has his own items... why can't we have items on? I have a a crazy theory that items were put in the game for a reason O_O (DUN DUN DUUUUN) and that putting items in would level the playing field for the tiers. Combos can potentially exist. To think of it in a different aspect, think of the creators making snake in the game with all those booby traps and items he has, BUT to balance it they added a potential for a shift in stage control. Through regular items. That way a Mario can come back if a fan had popped up infront of him.Point is Items were added for another reason. To balance the game, Makes sense?

P.S.
I miss smashin with my hispanic buddy Papito

Heres my thread with more in depth detail and theory
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7769778#post7769778
That theory has some merit, but those items are central to the characters themselves, which can be called out on command.

Normal items are random, and nothing says that the Snake or MK player can't grab the beam sword first and control half the stage with an FSmash.

So it provides no balance, except to favor characters with higher dash speed and longer dash attacks, which are already pretty good, save the good Captain.

-DD

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
If you added items, you'd give Snake and Diddy even more stage control with more items. Not to mention Brawl loves to randomly spawn any kind of explosive in your face for random KOs.

Top Bottom