• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i dun tihnk its fair to say that fox plays a certain way vs everyone else and suggest that he has to play diff against IC. You have to play diff against all char. Plus theres like a million ways to play fox.

Aesir

Smash Master
You have to be careful I think that's what everyone is saying? You can't just be like. "Lol fox" and win. Just like marth vs sheik, marth can't be like "lol marth" and win.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Better late than never, I guess.

I think Falco/ICs goes in Falco's favor. They balance each other out in alot of ways, but shine gives Falco a great advantage, since shffl'd aerials are almost impossible to get grabbed out of because of it. Everyone else has summed up everything pretty well, just my two cents.

ICs hardest matchups (once again, my opinion as a non-expert)

1. Marth/Peach- Peach is obvious, but a competent Marth can totally shut down the ICs. It's not even funny.
3. Fox- Shine, and just too many other options. Plus he kills them at such absurdly low percentages.
4. Falco- Same thing with Fox, but while his shine hurts, it's not as devastating as Fox's to the ICs.
5. Falcon/Sheik- Falcon has amazing combos against ICs, but they're actually pretty easy to disrupt if ICs play smart. Same thing with Sheik. In my experience, it's mostly about momentum: whichever player gets their gay **** off first usually controls the match from that point and wins.

I don't count Samus or Luigi because they may suck for the ICs, but honestly, who can name a Luigi player on the eastern seaboard besides Sean and Pacman? Or any Samus?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
yo kevin, if you want to play this week id like to start practicing some and your mad close
so ill come over, or you can come here if ya want

i work til 4 most of the days this week, im off work tuesday
so lemme knowww

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i remember at TGM, mew2king got really excited after beating chudat and exclaimed to me

"all I had to do was retreating double fair and he couldn't touch me!"

poor ics.

Cort

Apple Head
I'd imagine he's talking about the mad close Kevin

Unless you two have something you're not sharing with us

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I don't think Kevin/Bizkit (Who I call "Kevin Slash Bizkit" or "KSB" for short) even reads this thread, Jake. I know he frequents AiB though.

SleepyK

what trademark
clearly you have no idea what you're talking about
you can just spam tech skill and win
not like brawl where you have to always think
especially with MK and DeDeDe

SleepyK

haha, yeah. sorry, it hurt my soul to type that.

attacking shields unspaced? you should do XIF's invisible fc nair

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I think there's the issue of there not being 10 people good enough in the state that go to tournies consistantly to make them worth putting up right now, is what I heard. Only one tourney's results isn't accurate enough. And only Icy, Noodles, Scrub, and me have been going out of state to MA/RI for non-CT tournies...So I'm guessing maybe after another tourney in CT, at least?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Brawl doesn't have to be top 10. If you guys wanted you could do say top 5 and really make it competitive.

noodles

Smash Champion
right now with placings and tournaments attended i think a top 5 would look like this

icy
kevin
me/tv/solidjake

icy did way too good this weekend. i didnt enter due to money johns ;_;

edit/ forgot about tom

noodles

Smash Champion
im basing my next tournament with the japanese rule set (cept im banning planking)

The stages on random are: battlefield, Final destination, and Smashville. You can also counter pick Yoshi's Island, Halberd, and Lylat cruise. Those are the only stages allowed. This obviously makes certain characters better, like Diddy, Dedede, and Olimar

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Really?!?!?? Icy did amazing this past weekend? I gave him my controller and practiced with him for a few hours like two days before the touranment. He also was telling me the controller was letting him do everything he wanted to do. That's crazy. Link?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Really?!?!?? Icy did amazing this past weekend? I gave him my controller and practiced with him for a few hours like two days before the touranment. He also was telling me the controller was letting him do everything he wanted to do. That's crazy. Link?
He got 3rd, lost to Fatal in winners finals and Basic Sausage (who he beat in Winners Semifinals) in losers finals.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I did check the results thread, Trade. :p I just wanted to see who he lost to. That's awesome that he lost to the people that placed 1 and 2... kinda sux he didn't get 2nd though. :(

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
few things.

1, the buffer out of the CG is dangerous since you have to DI down and away and cstick down or away on the throw. Yes, it's good to not auto die to a grab, but once they start to see you getting out of it, they just fsmash you and that ain't pretty when your DI is down and away.
in addition to this:

1: Falco not only has to buffer a roll and DI, it has to be smash DI or it doesn't work. Simple down and away is not gonna cut it. So falco has to learn how to time his smash DI right if he wants to get out. This also makes him more susceptible to getting hit by a random fsmash and smash DIing with it.

edit: this was really late so w/e just disregard.

noodles

Smash Champion
i think icy lost to trash talking.
if it wasnt for the trash talk im sure he wouldve won.
ny trash talk is funny though. so creative

thumbswayup

Smash Master
im basing my next tournament with the japanese rule set (cept im banning planking)
I like this a lot. The counter-picks in Brawl are a big reason why I hate it in tournament and I'm starting to dislike Yoshi's more and more everytime I play on it. I'm glad you don't have it as a neutral, I am horribly inconsistent on that stage.

Top Bottom