• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Fox beats Sheik. I'm going to give no evidence what so ever to anger people when they keep arguing that it's even or whatever lol.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Fox does have an advantage against Sheik. I don't think it's a huge one, but... yeah.

_V_

Smash Ace
Hehe <3 looks like I may be staying in CT for a month or so after I graduate...I just have to talk to my Dad (probably will tomorrow) to see what he thinks. SO, then you can have that tournament!

Cort

Apple Head
Anecdotal evidence is virtually worthless when discussing matchups.
lol this. Good players can play each other in the most random of matchups and produce the most random of results. That's how beautifully complex Melee is.

like, DJ could have won MLG 2006 finals had he have went a different controller port.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah. For example (uh oh ima get *****), I was watching Cactuar vs Bam in Falco dittos, Cactuar won the majority of them, then they did some Marth dittos and Bam won those. xD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That's exactly what I was saying actually. Thanks for supporting my point Mogwai.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i have a job, and i'm already planning on taking days off for the tournament (friday and monday, possibly thursday)

i can't really help you out

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Do you know anyone in Cali that could?...or should I just make a thread/pm King or something?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't know anybody who would want to house what to them is a random stranger

i would recommend finding other groups that intend on going early (i'm sure there's plenty of them; florida, australia even, etc.) and find out what they're doing

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Shminkledorf, wanna get ***** on thursday?! I get out of work at 3:45, i can come come over after and begin inserting my unit into your orifaces any time after that. You know, no homo.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
chewman
I have practice thursday, and have ****z to do, but I'll try and see, it doesn't look likely.
but I would certainly like units pushed into my orifaces,.
yknow, no homo

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
chewman
I have practice thursday, and have ****z to do, but I'll try and see, it doesn't look likely.
but I would certainly like units pushed into my orifaces,.
yknow, no homo.

EDIT: whoops double post

EDIT2: LOL 1337 POST

trademark0013

Smash Champion
People agreed that Sheik vs. Marth is in Sheik's favor. Are you like... trying to argue that it's an unwinnable matchup or something?
this. it seems like ppl are arguin as if they have no chance at all
Here's the problem with using "examples." There are just as many examples of good Sheiks beating good Foxes. Anecdotal evidence is virtually worthless when discussing matchups.
this. what i said, but more than just a bold statement

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Excuse me, I just had to post to say....

YOU ALL LIVE IN CT!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Might be better than MD though...because we have no melee tourneys D:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Toasty Ted is too good. :o

Pocky, haha, that makes sense unfortunately (the whole housing a stranger).

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i know, that's why, and it's easy to share. betting on a shot of anything requires each person to have a whole handle to bring, where as betting on a mike's means we can just go somewhere and buy it.

Lol, I'm a *****, I only drink mixed stuff like screwdrivers, because hey, let's face it, alcohol does not taste good. So why drink it by itself?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i know, that's why, and it's easy to share. betting on a shot of anything requires each person to have a whole handle to bring, where as betting on a mike's means we can just go somewhere and buy it.

Lol, I'm a *****, I only drink mixed stuff like screwdrivers, because hey, let's face it, alcohol does not taste good. So why drink it by itself?
Because the burn makes you a man.
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I lol'd at Chewman Vs Zoso.

Dave knows more about this game than most people.

I also agree w you Dave with the Fox VS Sheik not being **** for Sheik.

Ice Climbers VS Falco-Discuss.

I think that they **** Falco but the thing is....the amount of good ice climbers out there is slim so we're all like, "lol, ice cilmbers get *****!" I find this to be false.

Someone play melee with me in the near future? I need to play.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i've been told that falco vs ics is even, but i don't really believe that.
imo it's in ics favor but not heavily. 55-45 perhaps. falco can combo the sith out of ics, but ics easily **** his recovery.

SleepyK

it's funny how FD is potentially a counterpick against falco nowadays.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lol yeah, because he gets chained by like everyone ever?

peach, marth, fox, easy tech chase by sheik, ICs, tech chase by falcon, potential chain by ganon (though that can be done on any stage without interruption because it's such a low chain), mario, doc, pikachu, etc.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I could see Falco VS IC's being even Sleepy....

Remember when Iceys were top tier? DAMMMNNNNN

I also remember when I first entered the scene around the 8th esticle Falco was 2nd best in the game. lawls.

Falco was never second best nor will he ever be IMO...

It's amazing how we are still debating the tier list to this day. After SEVEN YEARS? that's incredible.

MaNg0 ****.

SleepyK

i dunno, i just have an immense distaste for dsmash and chaingrabs.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
not having options to recover to platforms blows too. and also not having platform combos.

Characters I actually like FD against as Falco these days: Sheik.

yea, that's it. Maybe Samus too I guess, but I actually don't think I care about stage at all vs. Samus.

Top Bottom