• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I guess just make a space after the green arrow before Mike$ so it lines up with 6 and 7. Also, Chewman was never 140th place. LOL :p 0 same button as ) ftl.

Swift, it still relates because you can discuss the Sheik vs Jiggs matchup in here etc etc etc.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
ive beaten chewman with yoshi...

edit: spawn, too... >.< Maybe I should be no. 2 ... also one time like 2 years ago i pooped nus off the edge at a tourney. and nus beats spawn, so by the transitive property... i poop spawn. ^.^

^^im a troll RAWR

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
actually, i main marth. never played yoshi before that day. Ill MM you next time i see you chewy

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
smashfest in my pants

melee only pls

are there any large new england/tristate things going on?
I'd really like to visit everyone again and any excuse to would be welcome

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Sheik VS Marth is ****. Am I the only person who still thinks that is the dumbest match up in the whole game among high tiers?

I'll put it this way:

Arcnatural four stocked my marth (my main) on battlefield with his marth

I kept him as Marth and went Sheik on FD and only lost by one stock and never use Sheik in tournament nor do I secondary her.

Fox Vs Falco is not **** for either
Marth vs foxdead even
Sheik vs Falcon Sheik combos him and ***** him off the stage but Falcon can combo her. its not that ****.
Fox vs Sheik-This is not as **** as most foxs say...I would much rather go sheik vs Fox than use Falco.....definitely.
Sheik vs marth is any tilt to death and hes sooooo floaty that any edge guard ***** him.
Peach vs marth-pretty **** but if the marth doesnt space nicely peach can do ****.
peach vs falcon-same as above.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I think it depends on your definition of ****. It's easy for sheik, while it's not easy for marth. Sheik comboes marth so easily that it appears that she's ****** him. She man handles him pretty easily up to about 70%, and she has a million options against him that are all definite/automatic up to that point. Yet Marth only has a few low% things that are reliable at best. But Marth has a sword, and it's gay in its own right. Since he has no reliable combos on her he has to be gay with his spacing(this i find really boring, which is why i lose to sheiks so much), but at the same time sheik can just needle camp and ledge camp...i dunno. It's pretty gay.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think they both are really gay to each other, so its most certainly not ****. It's probably just gay for most Marth mains because they can't just swing their sword all around with no fear and or get one grab and then edgeguard flawlessly.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I think Marth would ARGUABLY be top tier if it was not for that match up. Sheik can gay Marth off the stage just as much as he can to her. Her grab game is absolutely ******** against him as opposed to playing Fox you can't exactly DI our of an uair and be safe....Sheik has a good 2-3 options from a dthrow pretty much at any percent depending on DI.

Anyway my point is the following-Among the top 4-5 characters match ups in the game Sheik VS Marth is the most ********.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
marth v sheik is mainly

who gets first grab

who can follow up better

then it's who can edgeguard better.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I think they both are really gay to each other, so its most certainly not ****. It's probably just gay for most Marth mains because they can't just swing their sword all around with no fear and or get one grab and then edgeguard flawlessly.
Exactly....it's so unfair!!!

edit-but seriously, it's like sleepy k said, only it's much much easier for sheik to follow up than it is for marth, and i think that's what gives sheik the edge. With sheik you don't have to think too much, down throw, then just pick a tilt, pick an aerial, keep it going and "vuala!" end of stock, but with marth it's like okay up throw, then you pretty much have to predict everything your opponent does from that point(where they DI, if they double jump, air dodge, etc.). So sheik has a lot more mind game options to get out of being comboed, while marth just has to pray sheik messes up.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll mm people with my Sheik/Fox.

Swift, how long are you going to stay in ct for?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Wow, Garrett really just said Sheik vs. Marth is worse than Marth vs. Peach.

... Moving on.

It's not complicated; Sheik can kill Marth from a grab. She has consistent, efficient KO power at her disposal pretty much all the time. She's like Fox in that respect, except she doesn't get CG'd and/or perfectly edgeguarded. Marth has his laggy fsmash that won't kill her until ridiculous percents unless it tips. His grab game against her, particularly at mid-high percents, is severely limited.

I definitely wouldn't say it's ****, but I don't ever play that matchup in tourney if I can help it.

Yes, but Marth can't do that in any matchup against competent players.

Top Bottom