• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Mogwai get on Chrono Trigger. I'm starting it on the DS now too (just got one a couple weeks ago). I've played through it about a dozen times already though.

Which is better, FFIV Advance for GBA or the remake of FFIV for DS? I want to play it but I'm not sure which one to play. I'm leaning toward Advance since it's basically a port of the original, which I never played.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
CTDS

PLEASE PAY FOR IT AND DON'T PIRATE IT

even if squenix was a butt this month

a huge, rotund, smelly butt.

Knossos

Smash Rookie
x_x Zachary from Heroes (Sylar) was a great actor in Star Trek, what do you mean terrible acting? Same with almost all of the cast. You sir, need to watch more television!(yes, I am recommending you to watch television!)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Which is better, FFIV Advance for GBA or the remake of FFIV for DS?
The GBA version is literally pretty much the original IV but the remake on Ds is ****ing BEAUTIFUL. The summons, magic, character voices, everything is just so.....awesome.

I'd say go GBA if you want classic but DS if you want to be impressed by the DS's RPG potential because that remake has definitely stretched the limits of the DS's graphics engine.

Noodles-Thanks for sending me that link. That's pretty bull**** that it says Kyu Puff beat me 2-0 at ROM When I beat him 2-1. I remember the set quite well and it definitely was not 2-0 him.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I like the look and feel of the classic version(s) (like FFV and FFVI), but I also don't want to have nice new DS and mostly play GBA games on it, hah. Used version of Advance at Gamestop is $13, while DS is $27, so that may affect my decision. Thanks for the info though.

noodles

Smash Champion
i personally dont have the patience to play the iceclimbers. and i used to main rob, thats telling you something

P. O. F.

Smash Ace

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
That > IKM II.

Music was 1932028 X better, motorstorm song...**** yeah) combos made me say... W O W, (wa...upsmash? lol) the combos got better as the video went along, and the name of the combo video was perfect. Also notice how a good 95% of those matches he is winning during the combo.
quit..

Honors for this video (8)
#32 - Most Discussed (Today) - Gaming
#42 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Germany
#66 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Canada
#57 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming
#29 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Mexico
#5 - Top Favorited (Today) - Gaming
#53 - Top Favorited (This Week) - Gaming
#21 - Top Rated (Today) - Gaming

sequences at 4:51 and :8:40 beats everything darkrain did sry

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I say there should be a TV show revolving around CogSmooch, his beard, and his current lack of one.
as the stubble turns
quit..

Honors for this video (8)
#32 - Most Discussed (Today) - Gaming
#42 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Germany
#66 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Canada
#57 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming
#29 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Mexico
#5 - Top Favorited (Today) - Gaming
#53 - Top Favorited (This Week) - Gaming
#21 - Top Rated (Today) - Gaming

are you seriously quoting most viewed etc honors to prove how better a video is? that's like quoting album sales or something.
Also I started writing down stuff in mind reader that was better than anything in IKM2 but I ran out of room.

The music alone makes it better than IKM2, though they are both really good.

I had so much fun with Darc Joey Dazwa Boxman MilkT etc @ AB...

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
as the stubble turns

are you seriously quoting most viewed etc honors to prove how better a video is? that's like quoting album sales or something. The music alone makes it better than IKM2, though they are both really good.
Wow, i loved this post Cogsmooch. <3

Dark Rains music was better, it got progressively better as it went on, hes winning in about a good 90% of the clips which shows hes a dominant player, it was not corny, (he did not random falcon kick, taunt or do something stupid in the middle of the video just for fun) the name for the video was beyond perfect, and it wasn't too long where I it got to the point where I got sick of watching it. There are a good five combo videos I can think of on the top of my head that would be a good 3X better if they were shorter. A combo video is not just about the "combos" there are other little aspects that help make a great video.

It's like making a movie. You need the right score, story line, introduction to get your viewers interested and a nice way to end it. IKM II has a better ending...thats about it.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I never said that statistical records proved that IKM2 was better. you should talk........you and P.O.F are talking about how the music made the video better gtfo.

I like how you said you wrote things down and then dun mention any of them. You might as well not have said that you wrote anything down. Its not like what you wrote is of any importance anyways its subjective just as my thoughts on sequences are. I will quote myself and leave it at that.

THIS IS WHY I BELIEVE IKM2 was better. That and the production value in comparison with darkrains.

noodles

Smash Champion
the music in darkrains video is definitely better but thats about it

<3 falcon though

.=(Larx)=.

Smash Cadet
spam news....on Eskimos

they live in areas that are so cold that when they piss their pee turns to ice instantly. I can't imagine what goes on when they have sex...that would just hurt. where do they even take a crapper anyways? is there like just a whole in the floor of their igloo? I'd feel sorry for the guy to get diarrhea. And their next door neighbors, are they really trust worthy? you leave for a few hours and find that your igloo just melted down. You're ****ed, no more house to take an unpleasant crap in anymore. pregnancy...water breaks and turns into ice as it his the floor and the wife slips on it falls shoot the little sucker out the door. Now the Ice climbers, those little rascals are crazy motha ****ers. climbing mountains with just hammers! what eskimos even use hammers yet alone climbs mountains. how old are those two anyways? they look like they're 10 and sound like they're 5. what brother likes to hang out with their sister at that age....**** the ice climbers anyways. they're not real eskimos. eskimos are awesome because of their rad coats and sun glasses that don't make them turn into some blind man in the piss freezing cold. They have like 100 different ways to say snow but they don't have 1 to say "lets go to mcdonalds" if I was an ****** (i'm not one) i'd probably be the pimp of the clan. Driving by with my huge *** white polar bear. eskimos are awesome, I just take this awesomeness and apply it to what ever you're thinking about and make it even more awesome. Kid don't play with drugs. then the eskimos become 12 times are cool. if it take 1 kid to build a bear then it'll take 10 eskimos to build a kid. 4 our of the 5 kids died at birth. when i look back on the first time I saw an ******, i'll always remember what he was saying, "I am warm and you are cold" over and over. that man looked nothing like my father! ya that's right nothing like him. he was fat and sounded like he was Chinese. I fejwwajfefjjjiah. i fell asleep. oh well i'm tired so i'm going to eat some nice juicy steak because I eat food.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I never said that statistical records proved that IKM2 was better. you should talk........you and P.O.F are talking about how the music made the video better gtfo.
W-----O-----W.

So, basically what you are saying is that musical selection has absolutely little to no value in creating a video? Is that what you're saying?

Try watching a Halloween with Michael Myers without sound, Star Wars without the Imperial March in the background as we see Darth Vader, imagine Metal Gear Solid without the track Enclosure when Sniper Wolf dies, or playing Super Mario World without hearing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beduEFYqVHQ

Also try to imagine a fighting sequence in the matrix with Britney Spears playing in the background. Wouldn't it give you a different feel to what you are viewing and/or turn you off from watching the footage any further? That is exactly what music does to viewers in a combo video. If the music sucks...I could give a flying crap how good Scar is....because he does not have me hooked or interested. I was more interested in watching The King Of Smash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoeDnbrkQq8&feature=channel_page or I Killed Mufasa I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8rQ_0zNIg because both had fantastic selections for music, timed there KOS well with the music, and they both introduced a whole new way of creating and showcasing a combo video. IKM II was better footage...but it was more or less a joke combo video due to his stupid random Falcon Kicks that synced up to the music. Does this have anything to do with how good Scar is? No. Is it amusing for two seconds? Yeah. But it gives it less replay value. I also find it to be a bit rude when a player does not show any footage of them doing something stupid or someone comboing them. To me, it shows a lack of respect towards the people they play often and being a little bit "full of themselves."...but that is just me. Plus, I don't know about you but Metallica, Europe, and Earth Wind and Fire are about as white and plain as you can get for music selections. LOL. All good bands...but about a good 85% of people in the world have heard all of that before. Boring.

Oh yeah, and this is hysterical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6vxQ4-7lQ&feature=channel_page

noodles

Smash Champion
spam news....on Eskimos

they live in areas that are so cold that when they piss their pee turns to ice instantly. I can't imagine what goes on when they have sex...that would just hurt. where do they even take a crapper anyways? is there like just a whole in the floor of their igloo? I'd feel sorry for the guy to get diarrhea. And their next door neighbors, are they really trust worthy? you leave for a few hours and find that your igloo just melted down. You're ****ed, no more house to take an unpleasant crap in anymore. pregnancy...water breaks and turns into ice as it his the floor and the wife slips on it falls shoot the little sucker out the door. Now the Ice climbers, those little rascals are crazy motha ****ers. climbing mountains with just hammers! what eskimos even use hammers yet alone climbs mountains. how old are those two anyways? they look like they're 10 and sound like they're 5. what brother likes to hang out with their sister at that age....**** the ice climbers anyways. they're not real eskimos. eskimos are awesome because of their rad coats and sun glasses that don't make them turn into some blind man in the piss freezing cold. They have like 100 different ways to say snow but they don't have 1 to say "lets go to mcdonalds" if I was an ****** (i'm not one) i'd probably be the pimp of the clan. Driving by with my huge *** white polar bear. eskimos are awesome, I just take this awesomeness and apply it to what ever you're thinking about and make it even more awesome. Kid don't play with drugs. then the eskimos become 12 times are cool. if it take 1 kid to build a bear then it'll take 10 eskimos to build a kid. 4 our of the 5 kids died at birth. when i look back on the first time I saw an ******, i'll always remember what he was saying, "I am warm and you are cold" over and over. that man looked nothing like my father! ya that's right nothing like him. he was fat and sounded like he was Chinese. I fejwwajfefjjjiah. i fell asleep. oh well i'm tired so i'm going to eat some nice juicy steak because I eat food.
i took the time to read all of this XD

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I recognize a few of those clips from the Darkrain video. Some of them were taken from Tipped Off 4.

-_-

I was the Sheik getting ***** from 3:20 to 3:25.

Edit: Annnnnd the Fox at the beginning of the video, on Corneria? That was Frames. I think everybody in the venue watching that match keeled over laughing because Darkrain deliberately canceled that forward-b into the side of the ship.

Smooth Criminal

noodles

Smash Champion
i needed a partner since i thought icy was gonna team with kevin since they have been teaming alot. but icy said hes teaming with me

Top Bottom