• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Anyone who wants to understand the current financial crisis should watch Charlie Rose on PBS right now.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Anyone who wants to understand the current financial crisis should watch Charlie Rose on PBS right now.
=[ I understand it so well that I don't even have basic cable to watch PBS on...

>_> Actually, One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Cookie to first person to declare the reference!
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I caught the last bit of the debate tonight. Let me tell you, when I watch the way Palin speaks with the words she uses and how she dodges questions, I see George Bush, and it terrifies me.

Fortunately Biden absolutely destroyed her in the debate. rofl @ all the ******** women praising her for doing so well in the debate on the news. I just had to laugh.

There was one question near the end which went something to the effect of, "Name a situation you were in that caused you to go against your ideals". She didn't even answer the question, she went on praising McCain and ended with, "I've never had to do that". One of the most idiotic answers I've seen. The ***** didn't answer half the ****ing questions.

She also used the word "maverick" over a dozen times.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I thought Palin did well. She didn't beat Biden by any stretch of the imagination, but she didn't get destroyed either. Expectations for her had been lowered to the point where all she had to do was not say "duh" for any of her answers, and she definitely exceeded that, so she gets to live to fight another say.

Haha, stupid Dems. God I hate them. They consistently amaze me with their ineptitude.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD is that a Kingdom Hearts reference?
+1 Cookie

nightmares

gonna watch tivod Survivor now

omg I want to stab Sarah Palin in the face a LOT OF TIMES
Yes.

I thought Palin did well. She didn't beat Biden by any stretch of the imagination, but she didn't get destroyed either. Expectations for her had been lowered to the point where all she had to do was not say "duh" for any of her answers, and she definitely exceeded that, so she gets to live to fight another say.

Haha, stupid Dems. God I hate them. They consistently amaze me with their ineptitude.
Yes.

SQQUUUEEEEE~~~!!!!!!!!

>_> I SAW NEW MONSTER HUNTER 3 PICS!!!!
ITS EXPECTED IN 2009!!!![In japan]!!!
WHICH MEANS IT COULD BE HERE IN LIKE, 2010!!!!!...OR I'LL IMPORT IT!
YEAAAA!!!!
SO EXCITED.
I think.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
lol. it was actually 9 in a row, too.

I caught the last bit of the debate tonight. Let me tell you, when I watch the way Palin speaks with the words she uses and how she dodges questions, I see George Bush, and it terrifies me.

Fortunately Biden absolutely destroyed her in the debate. rofl @ all the ******** women praising her for doing so well in the debate on the news. I just had to laugh.

There was one question near the end which went something to the effect of, "Name a situation you were in that caused you to go against your ideals". She didn't even answer the question, she went on praising McCain and ended with, "I've never had to do that". One of the most idiotic answers I've seen. The ***** didn't answer half the ****ing questions.

she was never going to completely blow it, because as you said, she just deflected any questions she didn't want to answer. in actual debate, biden destroyed her. too bad people will only care that she didn't **** herself or faint or something.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
**** me being late I knew that quote lol. When is KH3 coming out? 09 I hope. And RE5/SH5 are taking too long to be released.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I may hang out in CT for my bday next week because well........my bday usually sucks every year T_T. Who wanna have fun lol.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Prepare for some HARD Core shout outs guys. No Joke.

Mr. 2,000

Sex.

Before you read on-You NEED to watch this clip. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/431445

I first came into this community in October of 2007 and it was EXTREMELY TOUGH. My first tournament was the Esticle IX at digital mayhem. Here, watch me get the ****. I win like one of of these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDjpN190o1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvA8M1UBUH4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf9UJLMUUdM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZaaXpxbb7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY50RgIXhgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsCCeIIw5p4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcS9PcB9K4 (Most **** for last?)

The first competitive player I played was Mike Brookman. I sat down for our friendly feeling NO CONFIDENCE what so ever due to the fact that I saw him just beat Mike Money in a friendly and them playing at a ridiculously fast speed. I thought at the time that shuffled nairs with Marth led you to win tourney matches and do good. I thought wave dashing was the key to success haha. Boy, was I wrong. I’d like to give a very special first shout out to Mike for drawing me into the smash community and keeping me dedicated and interested in developing as a player. Mike is the reason I stood around in this community, (Remember when Cort and I REALLY USED TO CLASH GUYS back in the early days? Mike stood up for me and made me want to stick around. If he hadn’t done that I would have stopped playing and threw in the competitive towel months ago.) am as good in smash as I am today, and I have less habits now. There was one night I played a 99 stock match with him on FD and EVERY SINGLE TIME I jumped too early while recovering back to the stage he would yell at me and say “Don’t do that! I just killed you!” or “That jump!……” and while playing his ganondorf or Captain Falcon he would say something along the lines of “Just fsmash, stop doing **** and just fsmash.” Thanks for making me better at Melee Mike! I know you will probably never read this!

While at the IX Esticle I also met SPAWN, _milktea, Budai578, Aesir, Cort, and P.c Chris.

SPAWN-I’m not going to lie….at first I was annoyed by you. I remember in the 10th esticle thread you kept asking me for a money match and I was irritated by it because I knew you just wanted to take a noobs bling. But now, I <3 you and you’re one of my favorite smashers as well. You’ve also taught me so much about Melee in terms of matchups, best stages, and just really shown me the truly fun and REALLY GAY aspects of playing this game. You’ve also shown me the TRUE meaning of the word “camp” in both Brawl (Snake-Grenade gay, MK-Ledge GAY) and Melee (Fox GAY, Falco-REALLY GAY) You’re a great friend and you still have to pick me up to bring me back to your house so we can play pool, get hammered, do more f smash spam, and play Melee on your broken like Snake F Tilt big screen TV. Good ****. I’m not kidding……Do It! “OMG” “What dude?” “it’s SPAWN….like my name! I have to be him” Drive Thru-”Oh wait…can I get one of those?” Too Good.

Budai578-I remember you as being that nice guy who always had his recording equipment. I remember getting on your *** like everyday about those god awful friendlies I had….haha. Your Falco is definitely one of the prettiest things I have seen in CT. I have also grown from playing you as well. That one day you came over and killed me in Melee for a good 3 hours REALLY made me want to pickup Falco, and I did. You’re probably a good quarter of the reason why I picked up the bird……seeing your Falco just made me say “Ohhhhhhhhhhhh ****ttttttttt” I wanted to make my Falco that good. Now I’m really focusing on my Marth…but I’m starting to pull out a couple of tricks with my Falco now seeing as I now SHFFL my dairs with the c stick and not that A-down crap. Thanks for showing me the bird and teaching me little tricks and short cuts. You’re one of the most mellow smashers around and are a very friendly guy. I’d like to play you more often than I do. Please come to LLHS II, Esticle, and give me a call soon, eh?

_milktea-Lil, when I first met you I honestly thought “What girl would hang around and watch her boyfriend play videogames in a sweaty room like this?” but then I found out that you PLAYED and were actually one of the top players in the state of CT! I flipped a ****. Both of your characters ***** the living crap out of me (see above everyone) but I was glad that I was able to at least take off a stock off of you. Haha. I feel that now on the boards we clash? I don’t know why but I get the impression that you ignore me and don’t really care about me all that much. It’s really no big deal though, I don’t expect everyone on here to like/enjoy me. Regards and my best though. I have nothing against you nor do I personally dislike you I just think we got off on the wrong foot.

Aesir-I remember thinking that you were a huge jerk. Early on you had that monkey with a gun avatar and you always used to bash everything I said, along with Cort. A few months ago we talked in person and actually gave one another a chance and now we are ****ing BFF fo shizzle. You’re a fellow Marth main….(one of the only in CT) so how could I hate you? I can’t. You also like Unbreakable and do the BRAWL COMBOS! In TOURNAMENT!!!!!! Seriously though-Get a car, get a license, get a cell phone, and get good with ROY!!!! Because hes the top tier!!!!!!!!! Come over my house more often so we can play! I don’t play you as much as I should be.

Cort-I first met you when we did a Marth ditto and you ***** me die hard. You also were actually REALLY friendly (I can’t believe it, looking back now) and asked me what my smashboards username was. I told you that I did not have one…but I went home and made one that night. Prince of Fire-For those of you who do not know it means “Marth of Fire Emblem.” Marth=a Prince and Fire=Fire Emblem so hence, Marth of Fire Emblem. It’s a much cooler name when you know the meaning behind it. Otherwise, it just sounds corny and choppy. You actually made me want to stick to Marth and learn him due to how good you made him look to me. I was already maining Marth but watching yours play and kick my Marths ***, made me stay true and dedicated to using him. You four stocked me twice and probably still can to this day. Seriously though, just stop treating me like some scrub on here…I think its clear that I’ve come a long way and I’ve grown as a player.

P.c Chris-I met you while you were playing friendlies with Cort. That day I also saw you four stock someones Sheik with your Bowser. It was ****. I never saw Bowser move that fast…nor did I even think it was possible. I also played you in a match and your Fox wiped the floor with my butt crack. We played on Mute City and anytime I was even remotely forced to recover back to the platform…you shine spiked me and killed me within seconds. I told you before the match to try as hard as you could…and you did…and you probably STILL did not try your hardest!!!! Haha Over AIM you have given me advice in the last year or so from time to time and I appreciate it very much. You’re a very laid back/ funny guy and I wish you were still into Melee as much as you were so many years ago. Dang! I live pretty close to you too! You’re only a short like twenty min train ride away!!! Even if you’re not down for Smash we should definitely get together sometime and get trashed or something man. I turn 21 in two months….so you should definitely come up here to get hammered with me. I plan on having a crapload of people over to get hammered on my birthday and I’m sure a majority of my favorite smashers will be invited (SPAWN, Aesir, Brookman, PC, Silas….you get the idea guys! YEAH!) Oh yeah-and your matches on you tube are the most fun to watch out of everyone especially this match- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeX4Gl5ZavY

The next smasher that I met is a very different player who tends to want to punish his enemies and kill them quickly, rather than COMBO them. Like- - -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQWs6ijQBhs

This smasher is Jam Stunna. Jam was the first smasher that I had ever met that did not main either Sheik, Marth, Falco, Fox, Luigi, or Captain Falcon. He mains the Ice Climbers and made them look just as good as any top tier player that I had played. His chain grabs were flawless and he knew how to kill you quickly. You have been a great friend Jamil and have really kept me going in this community as well, along with Mike. You were one of the first people that I truly saw as a friend. You invited me to one of the weeklies up at captial where I met JV Smooth, and Pipe. You have also taught me so much about match ups, how much Nintendo sucks us in for $$$, and just the community in general. We really need to hurry up and beat Star Wars!!!!!! That has been toooo fun. Although they are now over I enjoyed playing online in Brawl with you the most. You’ve definitely helped me grow as a player as much as I have helped you grow at the same time. I’m happy to know that I traded in Brawl on a day where my Meta Knight looked like he once did, really sharp and consistent. Your Marth and Zamus got really good really fast. I need to come over more…..get pizza….watch TV…..play smash….and Star Wars. Gabriel is the cutest kid ever, keep feeding him the right stuff and get him training on that Melee game! He’ll beat M2K….I know it. ;)

Jvsmooth-The first Peach and Link main that I met at X Esticle. You three stocked my Marth when I met you but I remember killing you with Marths fully charged neu B so that made me happy. J I haven’t talked to you that much but I do have your # and we do need to play sometime soon. Come to LLHS II with Jam will ya? Oh yeah, and if you want to learn Brawl…bring it…and I’ll teach you Meta Knight like I started to do in Bloomfield. My only requirement is you have to use the white MK.

Pipe-
Arguably the fanciest Fox in CT. I met you at the IX Esticle and obviously did not forget it. You got a fro…how could I? J I think you have the nicest looking Fox that does all sorts of weird ****. Please, stick to Melee! We had a couple nice good talks at Capital (the Chinese place) and at NFBII in Watertown. Hope to see you soon.

The next set of smashers I met at Brookmans place a few months before Brawl was released: trademark0013, KevinM, Zoso, Khaly, Markstyle, Silas06, SEXY, and Axelslam.

Silas06-You are also one of the big reasons I am as good as I am today. Weekends at your place are/were beyond fun. I definitely need to start coming up more and you should stop being a dork and come down to my place…at least for LLHS II or III for god sakes. (By the way…the next Hit Stun will probably be in Dec guys.) You always feed me and fights with your brother are always interesting and awkward. J We’ll also have to smoke soon. I get really excited every time I go to your house because I keep thinking “I can really beat Alex now!” to find….you either do equally as good (last time we were pretty even) or **** me. Thanks for making me better Alex!

Khaly-Falco dittos for life. Lets hangout more. I never see you. You need to taste the wrath of my newly improved characters and pretty ROY, GAW, and Young Link. No Joke. Come to my tournaments and show your face around more.

KevinM-You four stocked my Marth with your Pichu when I first met you and I saw you grab your own nana….it was pretty badass. I don’t know you that well but hopefully that will change once you start coming to my tournies. You’re a really good Boozer player and you make him look really good. I love you KevinM. Yeah, I also downloaded Pokemon III for you and Skler. ****.

trademark0013-You talk a lot of trash. I’ve kind of learned to get used to it though…No JOHNS!!!!!!
Do I hear some johns? “There goes the stock” “Got em” “Hyyyyyyrrooogggeeeeennnn” “eeeewwww” Thanks for help making me better as well. We need to play more. Also, I remember you kicked my *** badly at Alex’s too….but not tooo badly. I remember a series of Falcon dairs…like 9 or 10 in a row.

Axelslam-You need to play Melee more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4VDv72UQbQ You should come over and crash at my place sometime so we can play. Yes? No? Peace man. We haven’t talked much so I hope you weren’t expecting an epic shout? Sorry…

Markstyle-Seriously, we played a good 7-8 hours that night waiting for Mike to get off of work so we could play MORE Melee? Why on earth would we want to do that though if we had already been playing that long? Haha, thanks to you I DO NOT fear fighting pikachu now…..EVER. I think playing that night REALLY helped me get down my L-cancels. I think that night was one of the best sessions of smash I’ve EVER had with anyone. I love you Mark! Lets play Melee more at Alex’s! Call me when you’re going down there.

Zoso-You always beat me at that Melee game. Sorry about our random/awkward arguments that we always have on the boards. I make dumb posts sometimes….no johns. I love you though….you’re extremely blunt…and that’s good. I’d like to play you more than I do so I can get better REALLY fast because you really do have a lot of knowledge about the game…but….distance johns. If you’re EVER EXTREMELY bored and want to play smash for a day…or maybe even two I’m free Wed, Thurs, and Friday! So you can come over one night and just crash at my place if need be and we’ll just play Melee and hangout with Mike maybe? Let me know.

SEXY-You main Marth…Marth Is sexy….so am I…I main Marth! So yeah, we get along really well. Thanks for your support while I was playing Brawl. You’re probably a good 10% of the reason why I did as good as I did. You always believed (at the first esticle at least) that I was really good and had potential. Play me more…go to Alex’s….and stuff. Marth dittos are the ****. <3<3<3

(This is getting long so I’m going to make thing shorter now.)

Cat Fight-”Melee is dead.” I don’t think so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fTGOx2DDJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac2cWOGTM-M

Play Melee now and main Link or Mewtwo! I’d love to keep playing with you. Call me, we need to hangout more as well. You live close and stuff…..need to play you more for sure.

DarkDragoon-
You main Mewtwo and you still have not contacted or played Mogwai? Why not? He can make your Mewtwo really sharp and do really cool stuff…..like winning often! If you put your head down and played more you could be really good and make a name for yourself as a player. Good to know you dislike the Brawl a bit more though. J Melee for life. Let’s hangout more…maybe I should go to your place soon and check out your crib? This is for you- <.))) <<<<^^^^^<<<’:,><< you and your asian text.

Noodles416-
Your Fox is really stupid and really gay. It does gay stuff…but not as gay as SPAWNS. I need to get used to fighting Fox and Falco but yours have helped me little by little get used to the matchup and learn what stages are best for taking them too. I’ll learn it eventually and notice how I did make controller johns last time? I actually HAD a DECENT Controller! Haha, weight lifting money match now? J J

Non CTERS- (Dazwa, -Darc-, Skler, Banks, Th0rn, CogSmooch, Smooth Criminal, Tom nom nom nom!, Thumbswayup, SleepyK, NinjaLink)

I wish that I knew each and everyone of you more than I do on both the internet, and in person. I mentioned Zoso and KevinM up top because I’ve personally talked with them and hung out with them before….you guys….not so much. Dazwa-I’m sure that when we talk at LLHS II things will be all good between us….Basically, if you’re coming to LLHS II I expect good quality time from all of you guys. Love you all. J You all main different melee characters other than the CT usuals. Banks and Dazwa-Sheik. (only SPAWN mains Sheik) -Darc-Jiggs, NinjaLink-Roy….you get the idea. CT Sucks. I rep CT by using Roy and GAW…who else really does that? No one. I rock. J

Mogwai-Thanks for also ****** me in Melee. We had a lot of fun times playing N64. “Pikachu is soooooo broken! Hes gay!” “Brawl is competitive? So is eating hot dogs!” <3 Thanks for moving down to CT so we can all have one more person to play with. By the way-Ganondorf is gay. We’ll have to redo that Mewtwo MM. I need more money! J It’s on. You’re awesome and very supportive. Good man.

Awsmsean-
Nicest Captain Falcon in CT….no joke. Come to my tournament and prove your dominance? You should. You’re a funny guy. You make playing Melee really fun. We also need to play more then we do.

Papito-Smoking, Brawl, Melee, johns, Snake dittos….that needs to happen more often. You have my number. I’m free Wed, Thurs, and Fri. Let me know when you want me to come up to see you. You’re a funny guy.

drSuper-
I need to make you better at the Melee. UseSheik, shes good. YUM Come over more! You coming down today? Ima call you now. Nom nom nom.

_V_-I FINALLY got to meet you! Your Fox might have not been on his A game but I can tell that in your prime it was destruction! You’re a really nice fellow and we had a solid good stroll back to our cars from Captial. Come down to CT more…let me know when you are back….I’d like to see more of you. Your Roy is top tier on Mushroom Kingdom II. J (Looks to Jam…) No johns. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUfFqoNadCU

NusCirtap-
Your Marth is arguably one of the nicest looking in CT. Wish I got an opportunity to fight your Falco at Bloomfield…but I did not. You’re never on the boards but yeah, you’re a cool dude. Go to more tourneys and stuff so we can play more.

Swiftbass-I played with you once but I wish it was a lot more. You’re good at this game. Can you make me a custom controller sometime? I just got a new one and the analog is ********. Sometimes when I try to wavedash to edgehog….my character misses the ledge and slides off due to the fact that I think it goes slightly more to the sides than I want it to…hard to explain. Make me a controller. I’ll give ya good $$’s. Thanks!

The Dragon-Yeah, I always meant to tell you. You look like Benicio Del Toro (He was in Big Top Pee-Wee. Watch it. Good Stuff. I have your number. What are you doing today? Lets hangout. I'm sorry I forgot you. EDIT-I forgot ONE person. I swear.

Moon-Doggie, Solid Jake, Modest-I’m sorry but I’m truly sick of typing. I love you guys. Sorry you don’t get a die hard shout out. Much Love!

-Prince of Fire

By the way-I didn't forget anyone like a certain someone. No Johns.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
hmmm i was left out, i have sadness.. in other news yah that dbz movie is awful... sadly though its going to make tons of money because it the words dragon and ball in it

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i do but is not functional... so no i guess lol... if you coming down here anyway maybe you can scope um jam.. if hes not busy, hes not working today... ill have to get back to you about the gas thing though, basically it depends on if my check comes in the mail today.. cuz i am broke otherwise.. call with the detaisl

not gonna be around a ccomputer for a while so call me later

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good stuff Garrett, good stuff. We'll definitely beat Star Wars at some point, that game is too brutal!

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
omg I want to stab Sarah Palin in the face a LOT OF TIMES
QFT
when she was holding that baby at the end I wanted to kick her in that awkward pretty smile of hers

she definitely spot dodged a lot of questions
also the overuse of maverick, change, Alaska, and kitchen table were really aggravating me

i love ***** azz guidos who think theyre the ****, but act like str8 b!tches when u step to them
ughh the worst
______

Congrats on 2K PoF and narrowly escaping infraction points lol
where are you going today?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm like, really up in the air about whether I'm gonna go to Mass Madness tomorrow. I sorta feel like **** and I've sorta been playing Melee terribly, but I might be missing LLHS and will almost definately miss Esticle, and I really want to play.

Bleh... :(, why can't I just feel well so that it's an easy choice?

Top Bottom