• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I am going to Jam's meetup Wednesday (I Believe)...I don't know if you guys would want to go because people will just annoy you to play the whole time haha.
No, they do want to go. There is no choice in the matter.

And you'd better be there too, V. Roy wants revenge.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been thinking, and I'm going to petition the IOC to make Melee an Olympic sport for 2016. Hell, if water polo is an event, Smash definitely should be.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Just got back from Otakon, I'm having crazy withdrawal. I'm still in awe at how much fun I had. I saw Jam Project perform at the concert, which was their US debut. Too many things happened to retell at the moment, plus I averaged about 4 hours of sleep per night for the last 4 nights and I'm about to collapse. Many pics to come.

Also, I had so much fun that I'm thinking about going to Anime USA. Anyone here attending that?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I get out of work at 3 on Wednesday so it's probably not worth going? I dunno.

I wish I was at MM right now.
Yeah, I can't promise how long they'll let us stay. The school is technically open until 7:00 PM, but they keep kicking us out earlier each week.

I'll head up there and try to get some guarantee that we can stay until at least 6:00.

EDIT-Also, I'm bored and my wife is out for the next two hours. Anyone want to play on Wi-Fi?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
M2K's staying over my house for a week.

Who wants to play?
Since so many people are coming if needed...i'll bring a TV. I dont know if you want me to come though since you can beat me blindfolded. :psycho::psycho:

OMG I am so glad I am coming home this week!

I am going to Jam's meetup Wednesday (I Believe)...I don't know if you guys would want to go because people will just annoy you to play the whole time haha.

I will definitely come by at some point though!

CT be ready, Tuesday, YAY
I'm going to that V! You better go so we can play and meet!!!!!

Welcome!!!

PoF- Normal DI is not hard...hold up if someone is going to hit you to either side. Hold left or right if you get hit up.
Seriously.....is it that easy? rofl...I thought it was all tech like for certain attacks you need to go back...certain towards....wow. I'm ******** haha haha haha

I'd do that laughing octopus. Shes hot.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seriously.....is it that easy? rofl...I thought it was all tech like for certain attacks you need to go back...certain towards....wow. I'm ******** haha haha haha
Some attacks do differ. For instance in Melee always DI fox's up-smash the way he's facing. Same rule applies for Rob's up-throw in Brawl.

_V_

Smash Ace
Haha yeah, it gets more complicated I guess, but not really.

I think Mike or Paul explained it to me like that at first and it helped me a lot.

It just becomes timing and needs to be second natured.

There's other crap too like quarter circle DI, but I don't know if that is real?

And Mike Brookman DI, which is retardedly good.

And DIing into sticky techs, which I <3 doing by accident all the time.

Edit//I always describe it to people as you want to make your character go into the top corner of the screen...it's the farthest point you can travel to without dying.

I kind of made that up, but I think it is true?

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Yeah, corners and such. Then there's smash DI like when you hit a direction during fox's uair so the first hit moves you away from the second. I dunno anything about quarter circle DI... I think I just naturally know when I'm about to get hit and can't avoid it so I always hit a certain direction by reaction right before I get hit. It takes a lot of experience me thinks.

noodles

Smash Champion
and cstick DI

ASDI is with the c stick
it's automatic smash DI
but
it's like 1/2 as far as smash DI
because all you have to do is hold the c stick
and itll move you a small amount each time you're hit
it was very useful vs fox's drill in melee
cause you could move to the other side of him and he'll shine and wavedash the wrong way
so its pretty much easier to but half the lenght

not in brawl just melee

edit/ not my info.
should of used quotation marks >_>

thumbswayup

Smash Master
ThumbsWayUp87 (9:00:05 PM): i was nervous
ThumbsWayUp87 (9:00:07 PM): maybe it was
gzsang87 (9:00:11 PM): pssh
gzsang87 (9:00:15 PM): have to be cool like azen
ThumbsWayUp87 (9:00:56 PM): LOL and what? never show any emotion?
gzsang87 (9:01:02 PM): bingo
gzsang87 (9:01:12 PM): thats how the pros do it LOL

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
ThumbsWayUp87 (9:00:05 PM): i was nervous
ThumbsWayUp87 (9:00:07 PM): maybe it was
gzsang87 (9:00:11 PM): pssh
gzsang87 (9:00:15 PM): have to be cool like azen
ThumbsWayUp87 (9:00:56 PM): LOL and what? never show any emotion?
gzsang87 (9:01:02 PM): bingo
gzsang87 (9:01:12 PM): thats how the pros do it LOL
>_> OR! Be like me and throw people off by over exaggerating everything and singing along with the stage music!
<_< Being like that makes the pikmin stage an awesome counterpick! Sing Ai No Ita(or w/e that song is) while being all like, "ZOMG I LOVE FLOWERS!" every time one blooms.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
>_> OR! Be like me and throw people off by over exaggerating everything and singing along with the stage music!
<_< Being like that makes the pikmin stage an awesome counterpick! Sing Ai No Ita(or w/e that song is) while being all like, "ZOMG I LOVE FLOWERS!" every time one blooms.
-DD
HAHA I would lose every match to you if you did that.

On another note, I wish my Diddy were as good as Ninjalinks.

noodles

Smash Champion
its true the wii version is pretty much the gc version but mirrored + wii remote controls.

edit/ this was a response to modest

Top Bottom