• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

the656

Smash Journeyman
its against the rules and blizzard can ban you quickly if they notice a change in your billing information

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
lolol I quit WoW when Burning Crusade came out. Sold my account for $300... probably could have gotten more but I wanted to get rid of it quick. That game owned my life for 2 years... so glad I quit.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Thumbswayup-I saw that Black Knight trailer like a month ago....I still do not think Ledger will be better than Jack

Although....i think going in they all knew that they could not create a better Joker...but they took a different angle to him...more of an evil joker...as opposed to funny. Kind of like the whole charlie and the chocolate factory with Willy Wonka...completely different.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, I prefer it this way. Batman Begins was dark, and this looks to be even more so. Christopher Nolan is an amazing director, so watching his and Ledger's portrayal of the Joker will be the highlight of my year. His performance will be WAY better than Jack's.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, I prefer it this way. Batman Begins was dark, and this looks to be even more so. Christopher Nolan is an amazing director, so watching his and Ledger's portrayal of the Joker will be the highlight of my year. His performance will be WAY better than Jack's.
I'm with PoF on this one. Ledger (may whatever deity rest his soul) had some pretty big clown shoes to fill. Jack Nicholson will be hard to top, IMO. But I'm really looking forward to this movie, regardless. I love the spin that they put on Batman. Christopher Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman=win.

Smooth Criminal

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Christopher Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman=win.
Yes, Bale is easily the second best Batman to ever hit the big screen.

Adam West-I cant take him seriously anymore due to Family guy haha
Val Kilmer-A GOOD Bruce Wayne....horrible Batman.
George Clooney-Same as Kilmer
Michael Keaton-My opinion, the best Bruce Wayne and Batman.

I do not see The Dark Knight being anywhere close to the original Batman movie. The score, the overall acting, the huge breakthrough that it had in terms of film back then, the plot, the makeup, it was perfect. It is also directed by my favorite director and probably one of the most unique of this day and age, Tim Burton. Ledger is the man...and so is Bale...but Keaton and Nicholson were absolutely brilliant together. I'm pumped to see the Dark Knight sooooo much though....Ledger-R.I.P dude.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> I prefer my villains to be evil, especially in movies as dark as Batman should be.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm with PoF on this one. Ledger (may whatever deity rest his soul) had some pretty big clown shoes to fill. Jack Nicholson will be hard to top, IMO. But I'm really looking forward to this movie, regardless. I love the spin that they put on Batman. Christopher Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman=win.

Smooth Criminal
Bale is the best batman, there's no denying that. Just from the trailer Ledger scares me as the joker. Jack was great and all in the original, but I don't feel this scared when I'm watching him. We'll know for sure when we all see the movie, which omg is going to be the best film of the year. I've watched the trailer like 20 times already.

POF- Keaton was a decent batman (from what I remember, I haven't seen the movie in over a decade), but Bale is just spectacular. I don't think they could have picked a more perfect actor for the modern batman films.

Aesir

Smash Master
the only reason people think Nickleson is hard to top is because NO ONE EVER TRIED IT BEFORE.

Seriously people praise Nicklesons role as the joker, all he did was act like himself. I mean look it who we have to compare it too.

Cesar Romero? seriously don't even say he was a good joker I'll stab you, the only other person who performed as a good joker was Mark Hamill but he was just a voice actor. =[

Seriously from what I've seen of heath it's fair to say he's going to beat nickleson for obvious reason. for one he looks the part, I'm not kidding he looks how the joker should creepy and evil. he also appears to act the part well as well the joker was never about killing you with gags he was just about killing you and finding amusement in it. That was apparently scary back in the 1950's lol.

I love Jack Nickleson just as much as the next guy, but honestly people praise his joker performance so much they forget to realize he was just getting paid to be himself.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
the only reason people think Nickleson is hard to top is because NO ONE EVER TRIED IT BEFORE.

Seriously people praise Nicklesons role as the joker, all he did was act like himself. I mean look it who we have to compare it too.

Cesar Romero? seriously don't even say he was a good joker I'll stab you, the only other person who performed as a good joker was Mark Hamill but he was just a voice actor. =[

Seriously from what I've seen of heath it's fair to say he's going to beat nickleson for obvious reason. for one he looks the part, I'm not kidding he looks how the joker should creepy and evil. he also appears to act the part well as well the joker was never about killing you with gags he was just about killing you and finding amusement in it. That was apparently scary back in the 1950's lol.

I love Jack Nickleson just as much as the next guy, but honestly people praise his joker performance so much they forget to realize he was just getting paid to be himself.
Jack Nickelson ceased to be an actor after One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
How much weed did you buy again?

Oh.
oh my bad, my...4th? weed purchase of all time, that's uh hrm...over 6 years? my bad for celebrating the beginning of my new life. you're unvited =D. go puke on a bed or something, i'm sure it's more fun!

Studies have also shown that it can be addictive.

Also, most of the "weed isn't bad for you nor addictive" arguments have come from people who smoke and it's "what they've heard" or it's their opinion, with no real evidence to back it up. This might not be where you guys are coming from, but at the moment that's what it sounds like.
but one of your links clearly said it was NOT addictive, i read it =D. also, i'd figure experience would be better than word of mouth. i've given up pot on a whim twice now, no negative side effects whatsoever, no urges, no withdrawl. is that not evidence? seeing as how i would fall into the "heavy smoker" category

I think that alcohol is a lot more dangerous to get addicted to.

Two people that I know personally have either A-had near death experience due to drugs or B-Died from ODing with drugs.

died on March 11th of this year due to an overdose of heroin.

When he went to Texas and realized that weed was no longer soothing his appetite for his "high" he and his girlfriend decided to to heroin.

you are going to want more.....sooner or later.

As we get older we tend to be broken down and give things more of a chance whether it be to peer pressure or interest.

I find that people who emphasize their lives on drugs and try so many different ways of smoking or dong those drugs are just funny....you are wasting your potential to do something else that is actually...constructive.
yes; drugs, not weed; heroine =/= weed; sounds like he was coerced by the gf; nope, not really; only the weak people LOL; hmm...play video games...or play video games high...darn, what a waste it was to get high >.<

cigarettes suck :(
very true

so someone who knows stuff about controller mods should tell me where to get an extra rubber
manacloud, 80$

I really don't consider it a drug even though it is.
knowledge is power

I'm so happy Alex got his yob.
me seventeen

Congrats to Alex on his job, now buy me gas. So expensive. ;_;
man, i spent so much on gas today; reasoning laterz

Omg Starcraft II looks orgasmic. >_>
yes >.>

can't wait, let me know when you're ready to record =D

so, i drove around maybe...100 miles total, for epic fail. rocky hill ---> hartford --> manchester --> hartford --> rocky hill, the fail was epictastic, and also squanderific

edit:
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 05/12/2008 <-- lan adapter, weeee

Papito

Smash Journeyman
i could tell alot of you kids are rookies and dont know what your talking about when it comes to weed all the **** you read about is bull**** if you really look **** up llike your supposed to you will see.

silas is the only cool one about it

cogsmooch i could tell that your probably mad wack and have no friends lol your the model american

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Hello Khaly!

Sorry I left Spawn, but it's King of the Hill time! I may be back on after 1:30.

Things I learned while fighting SPAWN:
1) Toon Link ***** Ike
2) Metaknight + Tree = Bad situation

Khaly

Smash Cadet
You really don't know anything about marijuana until you learn how to enjoy it.

Just smoking it isn't enough to claim the knowledge that you know.

I thank Alex for teaching me this.

Top Bottom