• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
but one of your links clearly said it was NOT addictive, i read it =D. also, i'd figure experience would be better than word of mouth. i've given up pot on a whim twice now, no negative side effects whatsoever, no urges, no withdrawl. is that not evidence? seeing as how i would fall into the "heavy smoker" category
It was stated in both cases that in most cases there is often a psychological dependence, as opposed to a physical dependence. It's not as bad as other drugs that are both at the same time, which is was an "addiction" truly is. This means that you can will yourself off of it if you're so inclined (which it's good that you're able to do that). Also, with good self-control I'm sure you can subdue urges and whatnot.

I know there are a lot of conflicting studies/research/information out there, so it's still hard to tell what's true and what's not. The supposed long term consequences of an increased risk of cancer and other physical/mental disabilities is what gets me the most. An extremely healthy person (mentally and physically) most likely will not have any side effects, but an unhealthy person or one with a mental disability would probably be much more prone.

It really comes down to personal preference. With so much conflicting info, you just have to ask yourself if it's worth the potential risks/consequences. As an arbitrary example (pulling this out of my ***, basically), if the amount you smoke in your life increases your risk of lung cancer by 5%, would it be worth it? Even by 1%?

In my opinion I'd rather just stay away from something that has the potential to be that harmful. Sure you can try it a couple times for the experience or whatever, but you just have to weigh the pros with the cons, whether they are verified or not.

edit:
Disclaimer: I don't think negatively of anyone who smokes, since it's your choice and it doesn't affect me at all, hah. I have a lot of friends who smoke and I don't go around telling everyone not to :-P. I'm just trying to present the other side of the argument in a rational manner and seeing where it goes.

P.S. - Papito - What do you mean by really looking **** up? Do you mean looking somewhere other than the internet/journals/articles/etc.? I'm not sure where else to look besides talking to tons of people who smoke(d) a lot, but that would get back to one of my other thoughts about word of mouth and personal experiences.

edit 2:
I don't claim to know a lot about marijuana or smoking, I'm mostly going by what I've read in articles I've found online to get the medical facts, and supplementing that with my friends' knowledge/experience from both sides.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Meta Knight joy Jam? :) I love Meta Knight

Edit-Nevermind.....i'm really tired. I could not even finish Topaz. :(

Those of you who do not know that movie----sucks to be you.

"hmm...play video games...or play video games high...darn, what a waste it was to get high >.<"

I think doing ANYTHING while high is fine and fun...its just pathetic when people get high....just to do it and after a while it becomes more of a habit...not something fun to do. To me getting high is like any other activity that I do whether it be bowling, going to the movies, going to the gym, or whatever the case may be. I do it like any other activity or interest I may have. I'm not singling anyone out on here or anything. Literally, when I get my grass (I usually get an 8th) it usually takes me about 1-2 months to smoke all of it. I keep my weed in a medicine bottle in a SAFE...so it stays sticky for a FAIR amount of time. But yeah, it takes me awhile to smoke my stash.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Jack Nickelson ceased to be an actor after One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

You obviously have not seen

Anger Management
Bucket List
As Good As It Gets
The Departed

None of you better say The Departed was a bad movie...if you do, you're an idiot. Thanks.

UNLESS you saw the film AFTER the HYPE...than I MIGHT understand.

Aesir

Smash Master
I haven't even seen the departed.

I don't think Jam is implying he's been in bad movies, it's just almost all his parts appear to be the same person more a less. Jack Nickleson is the only actor I know who gets paid to act like himself.

Which is good for him I guess because all his parts are likable.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I haven't even seen the departed.

I don't think Jam is implying he's been in bad movies, it's just almost all his parts appear to be the same person more a less. Jack Nickleson is the only actor I know who gets paid to act like himself.

Which is good for him I guess because all his parts are likable.
Exactly. He actually played a role in Cuckoo's Nest, as opposed to being himself in all those other movies. My film teacher put it best: Jack Nickelson has become a caricature of himself.

_milktea

Smash Lord
you're right

instead i'll just seduce you to come to my car and then lock you in there for the rest of the tournament

have no fear MM participants, you shall not be facing Darc!

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
but but ;_; all your stocks are gones. How will you seduce me with no stocks :D

Yeah. I'm pretty much saying you got kneed three times

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
This means that you can will yourself off of it if you're so inclined (which it's good that you're able to do that). Also, with good self-control I'm sure you can subdue urges and whatnot.

I'm just trying to present the other side of the argument in a rational manner and seeing where it goes.
i'm saying, there are no urges =P, nothing to subdue. i can only imagine that weak people can feel a psychological dependance, but that's only because they suck LOL. i saw a thing on tv, about celeb rehab or something...this one chick had smoked ONE JOINT A DAY for A YEAR. i was rofl'ing my ash off that she was in rehab, and the doctor there was saying "marijuana is one of the most addictive substances out there!", def one of the funniest bs statements i've ever heard. but man, it's just people like that that are pathetic.
and no worries, you argued rationally and well, good job man lol, it's what i was looking for too ;D

LL bean. I'm pretty much top tier for a full time job so they'll probably hire me since my numbers are so good.
numbers? =O
*imagines*
LL bean boss - BISH HOW MANY STOCKS U TAKEN TODAY??
darc - well i just added 3 more with kneeeeeees!
LL bean boss - DAYUM SON, PROMOTIONZZZ
but nah seriously, numbers? =O

You'll probably miss and run off the stage and suicide after getting hit by my knee :D
LOL, for the mindgames XD

have no fear MM participants, you shall not be facing Darc!
phew, what a relief =O

Don't forget to take his wallet.
very important!! ^

Asian Female driving joke fact.
;D

this time was one of the bad ones.
sorry to hear that man =(

GOOD MORNING CT THREADDDDD

edit: best ironman torrent i can find atm, more updates later: http://www.mininova.org/get/1389170

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
nom nom nom links =D

edit:

iron man only takes 1.5 hours to d/l with the link i posted, i'll let you know on quality real soon =P

noodles

Smash Champion
lol 80 bucks? im better off buying a new controller

how come ive only seen girls cosplay link? lol

noodles

Smash Champion
yea guessed it was a joke aimed at manacloud since i heard he made people pay for recorded matches (on dvd or sumthing like that rite?)

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
nah, it's a joke that you can pay him 80$ and he'll mod your controller LOL

el oh el karasawa XD:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Diablo and Diablo II, mothasuckas.
yeahuzz godly plate of the whale! lol

Thumbswayup-I saw that Black Knight trailer like a month ago....I still do not think Ledger will be better than Jack

Although....i think going in they all knew that they could not create a better Joker...but they took a different angle to him...more of an evil joker...as opposed to funny. Kind of like the whole charlie and the chocolate factory with Willy Wonka...completely different.
Holy junk you don't know what you're talking about. The ideal Joker is supposed to make jokes that only HE finds hilarious. Like cutting off someone's fingers and then cracking a joke about it. It should a funny that makes him laugh but everybody else want to throw up. Kind of like shooting commisioner Gordon's daughter in the stomach, taking nude pictures of her, then forcing Gordon to watch those over and over. (From the best joker story ever: Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore)
Jack was just playing HIMSELF in makeup. It was a self parody of sorts and wasn't even close to The Joker.

Yes, Bale is easily the second best Batman to ever hit the big screen.

Adam West-I cant take him seriously anymore due to Family guy haha
Val Kilmer-A GOOD Bruce Wayne....horrible Batman.
George Clooney-Same as Kilmer
Michael Keaton-My opinion, the best Bruce Wayne and Batman.

I do not see The Dark Knight being anywhere close to the original Batman movie. The score, the overall acting, the huge breakthrough that it had in terms of film back then, the plot, the makeup, it was perfect. It is also directed by my favorite director and probably one of the most unique of this day and age, Tim Burton. Ledger is the man...and so is Bale...but Keaton and Nicholson were absolutely brilliant together. I'm pumped to see the Dark Knight sooooo much though....Ledger-R.I.P dude.
Once again you don't know what you're talking about LOL. The Burton Bats is great for its atmosphere and attempt to take things seriously after the TV Show faisco but that's about it. It should have been called "THE JOKER" because the whole movie focused on Jack. And....:
Sculpted rubber fake muscle suit...can't turn his head
Joker killed Bruce's parents...um no
Batman kills about a thousand dudes in it and attempts to kill the Joker...um no
Viki Vale's stupid ******** sidekick guy
Michael Keaton not being slightly physically impressive
Lando Calrissian as Harvey Dent...um wut
um the joker parade with "batdance" by Prince...
the art gallery scene with yet another Prince song.....

cogsmooch i could tell that your probably mad wack and have no friends lol your the model american
wow you got me pegged. I would be angry but I'm pretty sure I just feel bad for you. Do me a favor and don't say anything about me ever again since you do not know me.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
so, the iron man video is great quality, cam tho, weeee bit off center, nothing noticeable unless you're OCD about it. sync is great, so is the audio. video looks fine. def recommended ;D

Top Bottom