• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Plubonium

Smash Rookie
I can never find any tournaments in CT. Im new to the scene but I really want to get experience going to tournaments. Also looking for casual friendlies. Im from Milford CT
Hey man like I said I'm from Milford too, feel free to PM me and we'll see if we can get something going. I'm picking up my CRT this weekend so I can supply a setup if needed.

Oatmealski

The Hero of Oatmeal (and chin beards too).
3DS FC
1821-9353-4818
Hey, just moved here from FL. Living in Barkhamsted right now. Looking for players to play with/against. If you are interested PM me or skype me. :p

I am a Project M player and I main Lucas.

TecKnoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6242-7659
Milford isnt too far from new britain, i wouldent mind the drive if you guys get something going and wouldent mind some more company.

Plubonium

Smash Rookie
I've made that drive regularly before, not the most fun but for an occasional trip it's definitely a shorter drive than you'd have going to most tournaments.

Speaking of, if you guys aren't aware, Molten Lava hosts PM tournaments biweekly at Hall of Gaming in Wallingford, if that sounds like something you're interested in, you should check it out http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-...-of-gaming-pm-wallingford-connecticut.350692/
There's also the Kings of CT Melee / Project M tournament coming up, you can see the thread here http://smashboards.com/threads/king...pril-18th-19th-brookfield-connecticut.346353/

In terms of getting together for friendlies, I plan on doing (at least) weekly sessions, if not more often depending on schedules. Generally I get together once a week with my group of friends but I'm looking to branch out and play with more serious competitors (they're at the competitive level to some extent but aren't as enthusiastic about the game as I am).

I'm not gonna post here anymore to avoid cluttering the thread (unless some time down the road some other new guy hobbles along), so if either of you guys or anyone else wants to spar, just PM me.

Coruscate

Smash Rookie
Been watching a bit of the Twitch streams for Project M, which got me all excited about Smash again. I am looking to find a way into the scene -- way back in the day was a decent Peach/Sheik player in Melee but have no idea if anything will translate.

If anybody is hosting friendlies in the Fairfield area, feel free to PM/email me [azulelocke@gmail.com] - I can host as well (I have a pretty good space and pretty large flat screen TV) but besides controllers don't have much equipment.

Any regular matches around my area?

danch

Smash Rookie
Budai dragged me into playing, so I'm looking to get back into it too. The two of us are from Stratford and are always looking for singles/dubs melee. Feel free to PM for friendlies, gonna see if I can't set something up in the lower CT area in the next few months.

Velvetrigger

Smash Rookie
Hey, new guy here based out of Northford/North Branford. Been looking to try and break into the scene with Project M and would love to have some people to play against/be taught the ways of the smash.

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
So I'm just getting into the smash scene and I'm reeeally liking Project M 3.0. I'm looking for people to play but i wanna see someone competitive. So far, I've got one player (Apparently went by PoF, Prince of Fire) that i feel is at my level but he plays Marth and his skill mostly translate from Melee. I wanna see what this game has to offer because I'm constantly finding new things from all the brawl newcomer characters. So, I'm in Meriden and would like to get a good crew of 4-5 people for some PM sessions. Msg me if you're down for that. I can stream/record gameplay as well.

Red Dress

Knight in Rusty Armor
Woo~ I just made an SWF account after deciding on a tag and not procrastinating! (Also, I just switched from Sheik to Fox a month ago)

Red Dress

Knight in Rusty Armor
^ If you join, you'll be an Awesome-saurus. It is scientifically proven that Awesome-saurus' are the most awesome dinosaurs ever.

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
why do I feel like pof just made a bunch of new accounts to finally have people talk about him in a positive manner
ya'kno, I hear bad things about him from a lot of people. He seems pretty normal to me, but i only know him in person. What is his past on here?

Coruscate

Smash Rookie
FYI - I ended up starting up weekly Project M sessions with some friends & coworkers in the area. We run every Tuesday in Fairfield ~7:00pm - PM me or skype (everlock) if you're interested. Don't have a melee disc yet, but you're welcome to bring one, if for some reason you're a PM hater.

This particular week we'll be running it on Monday - 2 of us are pretty strong players (incl. myself), rest are nubs.

Red Dress

Knight in Rusty Armor
FYI - I ended up starting up weekly Project M sessions with some friends & coworkers in the area. We run every Tuesday in Fairfield ~7:00pm - PM me or skype (everlock) if you're interested. Don't have a melee disc yet, but you're welcome to bring one, if for some reason you're a PM hater.

This particular week we'll be running it on Monday - 2 of us are pretty strong players (incl. myself), rest are nubs.
I tend to stay away from P:M because it messes up with my tech in Melee, though I enjoy playing Squirtle. I do have friends that play P:M, so I'll ask them if they will be up for it.

Iint

Smash Rookie
Hey, new PM/melee player. Lint, unsure on main, Trumbull, Currently going to NCC.

Looking mostly for friendlies so i can start getting better

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Hey, new PM/melee player. Lint, unsure on main, Trumbull, Currently going to NCC.

Have you been to the gaming room at NCC? There's guys that play smash, mostly PM and melee sometimes. They are people I know and they play in tournies.

I'm hosting a friendly smash session at my place tomorrow mostly for beginners who want to prepare for the event I posted above in this page or are very very rusty.

Last edited:

Magnatoon

Smash Rookie
Norwich pm player here. Would love to make it to a tourney/smashfest but I usually work on Saturdays. I am however free on Thursdays/Fridays. Feel free to hmu whenever.

Iint

Smash Rookie
Have you been to the gaming room at NCC? There's guys that play smash, mostly PM and melee sometimes. They are people I know and they play in tournies.

I'm hosting a friendly smash session at my place tomorrow mostly for beginners who want to prepare for the event I posted above in this page or are very very rusty.
I'll be sure to check it out, I've got evening classes though so I expect it to be pretty dead while I'm around. Maybe I'll try and get there a bit earlier one day. And currently my car is busted, so once I get it fixed up I'll be looking to find some places to be!

FigsFinity

Smash Rookie
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewEnglandMelee/

The CT Melee scene is very alive in certain areas and not-so-alive in others. You have to try to reach out to the right people / groups. I don' t think Brawl is doing very well.

I'm in Bridgeport and am always down to play but unfortunately don't drive. (Melee/PM)
Which part? I study in South End at UB, and am going to be living down here over the summer. A couple of friends and I have been looking for other PM players in the area, so if you're not far or don't mind coming to the dorms let me know and we can set up something. I play Samus, work in progress, but definitely don't mind some friendlies.
I'm not too familiar with CT, but I can make trips to the surrounding areas (Fairfield, Trumbull, Stratford etc.) on bus or train.

ZexM

Smash Cadet
I can never find any tournaments in CT. Im new to the scene but I really want to get experience going to tournaments. Also looking for casual friendlies. Im from Milford CT
There are tournaments in Walingford and New Haven as well as friendlies. I'd be more than happy to help you find out when these events are and such. We want to grow the southing CT scene as much as possible

Toe

Smash Apprentice

Hey lint, I'm from trumbull also. I attend SCSU, I'm off for the summer so it would be sick if you wanted to play some friendlies together sometime

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
I'll be sure to check it out, I've got evening classes though so I expect it to be pretty dead while I'm around. Maybe I'll try and get there a bit earlier one day. And currently my car is busted, so once I get it fixed up I'll be looking to find some places to be!
The room is usually closed at 6 PM and allows gaming around 12PM or 1. Don't remember.

Hope you like what you find.

Iint

Smash Rookie
Hey lint, I'm from trumbull also. I attend SCSU, I'm off for the summer so it would be sick if you wanted to play some friendlies together sometime
Sure that sounds fun, I'll be off class in 2 weeks, I'll be sure to hit you up sometime

Top Bottom