• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
What's so special about turntable.fm, Alex?
well you join rooms, most have very genre specific titles...200 people per room and 5 DJs, DJs take turns playing songs and the crowd can vote to "rock out" or "skip." it's just a good place to go to hear new tunes or good tunes, and you can DJ yourself although i don't get the concept of joining a hip-hop room and playing the game and eminem >.>; mostly you'll hear good stuff though and i enjoy it for the occasional new artist/band or also reminding me to get new music i said i was going to (for instance yesterday i heard 2 shad songs and was like FINE I'LL DL THIS AND SCRATCH IT OFF MY LIST STOP BOTHERING ME ABOUT IT!

might also be a good place to play your own music and see what people think...although many people in there are for no reason overly judgmental, so don't feel bad if you get like 40% approval rate because i've seen biggie get skipped. mashup rooms, DnB rooms, multiple types of indie rooms...

i just realize i wrote the longest plug for something i barely care about lulz...but i think it may keep me entertained for a week to a month.

spotify on the other hand....well i should have been wearing a condom and a diaper before someone gave me an invite. so glad it finally launched in the US yesterday

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Armada
Mango
Taj

Taj's Mewtwo was his best choice against Armada in winner's finals, but he was sadly unable to just about much of anything. When he went Marth game 3 we all knew it was over.

His Marth DID however send Mango to loser's rather epically. And then he got 4-stocked in loser's finals.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
watching mewtwo against peach was excruciating.
mewtwo clearly could do nothing but camp the ledge and hope for a mistake while peach had free reign over the entire stage.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I just think taj had no idea what to do. LOL

He basically ran into Armada's iron will/patience. Once Armada had a stock lead Taj was pretty much done.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Peach molests the ever-loving crap out of non-Zelda-universe low tiers IMO. She has so much gay frame advantage **** on shields that leads into herp de derp free dsmash on shield which typically shield poke combos and does more damage than a low tier can pull off on a standard combo on Peach (they all suck at comboing floaties except for the Zelda-universe guys).

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
doing what?

taj, the best mewtwo on the planet, who has pretty good high level peach experience, had zero idea what to do but DEFINITELY could have won yeah i agree

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I agree with Tim on that front but just ask Nick or me or anyone that plays Mewtwo more than for the lulz (Brookman?), and it was clear that Taj just had no ****ing options at all. He went two admirable matches against Armada but there was just nothing he could do. Peach has such a ******** advantage over Mewtwo and even though Armada struggled a bit initially to 'get' the matchup, he did what he always does and adapted his strategy quickly. At that point there was nothing Taj could do but just hope to get lucky.

And like Swift said, that set against Mango in winner's semis was INSANE and I'm pretty sure he just wasn't 100% against Armada. Even if he was, Armada was on ****ing point all day.

Once the third match came along, though, I think he knew just as well as everyone else that his Marth would get destroyed as that's one of Armada's best matchups against the likes of even M2K's Marth. I was actually thinking he was going to go Link, to be honest. THAT would have been interesting.

Still, what a crazy tournament. Sure it eventually came down to two people you knew should be there, but the fact that guys like Taj and Shroomed outperformed Hungrybox or Peepee or M2K is pretty amazing. Shouts to the METAGAME!

Also shouts to Taj for the best ragequit in history.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
ragequit details?
Well, when we were watching on stream, he was down 1 stock to 3 and started his last stock by just dropping down next to Armada. We get one frame of the two characters standing still next to each other and then blackness. The stream flipped the **** out because there was no audio and nobody knew what was going on. A few moments later we saw the Gamecube start-up animation.

APPARENTLY what happened was that he was so jittery that he just got up and reset the gamecube (and maybe turned off the TV?), but in the process was laughing and actually fell over in his chair.

in other news.
one
****ing
percent.
Axel I think you were with me in the chat when that happened, and I just freaked the hell out. Embodiment of teh gay.

For those of you that don't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzzgJOvpDI0&feature=player_embedded

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I agree with Tim on that front but just ask Nick or me or anyone that plays Mewtwo more than for the lulz (Brookman?), and it was clear that Taj just had no ****ing options at all. He went two admirable matches against Armada but there was just nothing he could do. Peach has such a ******** advantage over Mewtwo and even though Armada struggled a bit initially to 'get' the matchup, he did what he always does and adapted his strategy quickly. At that point there was nothing Taj could do but just hope to get lucky.
Well, I play Hailey kinda often with Mewtwo [and while she is by no means Armada], and one thing that I find highly necessary is quick shield pressure and a constantly moving battle to keep yourself away from that ledge.

Taj was dropping some opportune moments to grab for the kill, as well as camping the ledge which cut down his options to almost nothing. Oh yeah, and he kept ****ing using Confusion and Disable, which leave him so wide open the ****ing cat got outside.

And while Peach has that frame advantage on everything, as long as Taj powershielded her FAir or something, he could have taken at least one game off him.

Powershielding is kinda important for Mewtwo. Get dat grab.

The matchup is ******** though, so I don't think he could have won a Bo5.

And like Swift said, that set against Mango in winner's semis was INSANE and I'm pretty sure he just wasn't 100% against Armada. Even if he was, Armada was on ****ing point all day.
This too. Taj was probably wiped out or something. He evidently beat Dr.PP or something earlier in the Pools or something? He beat MacD in Bracket too, so he wasn't out of Peach practice that day. Just flat out exhausted, probably.

Also shouts to Taj for the best ragequit in history.
Laugh and trip over wires, too good.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
smashfest in stratford tomorrow.

probably from afternoon til late.

so far three people going and there are two setups. (slox aber zebra)

if you wanna get *****, drop by.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
smashfest in stratford tomorrow.

probably from afternoon til late.

so far three people going and there are two setups. (slox aber zebra)

if you wanna get *****, drop by.
I wanna go but not sure I can. Same place as last time? I'll text/call you if I think I can make it.

S l o X

Smash Champion
@Sox, pm me. where have you been? haven't seen you since pound 4.
@Budai, yea. let's actually try to play this time?

@Brookman, go to APEX 2012 and we'll MM there. I should be around 8 years experience then.

Top Bottom