• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I would go to that tournament but I think I'll be at Foxwoods that weekend hopefully winning more money than I ever would playing Smash.

I'll see what happens though. Good **** on the tourney either way.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Poker is a crazy game. I used to play it obsessively for 2 years. Now I haven't played in over 6 months and don't really miss it. Sure, I'm good and make money playing it, but I just hate that I could lose a ton of money on one hand to some idiot who hits running cards to win.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I used to go to weekly Yugioh tournaments. I got in the semifinals one time in singles and doubles before. Heh, I still have my old deck from those days. I wanna play again.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
I used to go to weekly Yugioh tournaments. I got in the semifinals one time in singles and doubles before. Heh, I still have my old deck from those days. I wanna play again.
DUDE.
LETS PLAY.

Go to the weeklies at Omni's in Wethersfield.
AxelSlam and I go every Saturday.

Theres also a tournament every Tuesday at Buckland Mall.
Axel and I are also planning to go to that one.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
so i had smoked a fat *** blunt earlier with a friend and i was thinking to myself imagen that melee was the third game to come out and brawl was the second to actually come out after smash 64 wouldnt that make sense somehow? : ) high post

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
i freaking hate six samurai.
so badly.
>__________>
i guess the only way to beat them is like, one card.
kinetic soldier.
when a warrior (all SS are warrior) attacks it, atk and def are raised by 2000 during damage step (1300/1800)

and i'm sad time spiral is leaving the type 2 block.
:[
i haven't played magic in so long, rawr.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Everytime someone posts something about MTG it makes me want to play it again. Then I realize theres just not enough time in the day
*sigh*

--the following may be considered gloating--
Over a month ago I posted about a band I found in our demo cd pile at sirius. Not many people had heard it yet, but I knew they could be huge. Well today they were featured on iTunes as a free download of the day or something and now their iTunes store is filled with outstanding comments, and their myspace hits skyrocketed : )
http://www.myspace.com/goblindpilot
^Blind Pilot
just remember where ya heard it first *****es

being able to spot successful musical acts way before the general public is one of the most amazing feelings

____

so i had smoked a fat *** blunt earlier with a friend and i was thinking to myself imagen that melee was the third game to come out and brawl was the second to actually come out after smash 64 wouldnt that make sense somehow? : ) high post
late night deep though high posts?
I know nothing of the sort...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
No matter how much I play Melee, my Play Time counter stays stuck at 9999:59. No maxing it out for me :(.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, I was craving the original with all this talk of the new one. Finding it to watch online was a pain though...

edit:
V, my friend and I were discussing our plans to move to southern cali for a few years once we graduate

_V_

Smash Ace
Well, I need an internship for 400 hours to graduate...basically anything in the music industry. It is pretty ****ty though because my school doesn't really help you, but other than that I think it is great they make you get one.

I was looking to intern at a label doing whatever. I want to be a producer one day, but working my way up the ranks at a label and doing producing on the side seems to be to best idea.

Since I applied for like 10 internships and didn't get one, I was just looking to work anywhere here to make people...but no one will hire me :( I think they are scared of my 860 area code lol...**** for not having a house phone here!

EDIT//

Strikers FC for those who play: 120367 111321

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
400 hours seems like a lot. The one I have now is only 200 total, but it's only for three credits.
Also you are perfectly correct in saying working your way up is the best idea. In fact it's one of the only options to becoming a producer. The only other way is to shadow or work with established producers, then in time try it on your own. I actually wrote a 15pg paper on becoming a record producer last semester so I know a good amount on how it works. House producers for labels have extensive backgrounds and are usually hired from within. So becoming an independent is the only other option. Then banking on creating something successful :]

blah blah spam up the smash thread with boring talk

hereeee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzNTCxOJK3g
awesome song/video - british electronic group - slowly gaining notice in america

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
DUDE.
LETS PLAY.

Go to the weeklies at Omni's in Wethersfield.
AxelSlam and I go every Saturday.

Theres also a tournament every Tuesday at Buckland Mall.
Axel and I are also planning to go to that one.
I'll play again for real, no doubt. :laugh: Only thing is that Wethersield and Manchester (Buckland mall?) are an hour+ away from Stamford. I'd come to a tourney if it was closer, but yeah... how do you guys even find out where these things are?

If anything, I'll bring my deck to any future smash stuff I go to here. :laugh:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So uhh...
NEW ANIMAL CROSSING LOOKS AMAZING.
SO DOES THE WIIMUSIC AND WIISPORTS WITH SWORDS!
AND THE DS CAN HOLD COOKING RECIPIES NOW! PERFECT!
NOW I KNOW WHAT TO GIVE MY WIFE EVERY TIME SHE WANTS A NEW GAME!
Other than that, Nintendo didn't really deliver.
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
nintendo's conference sucked =(

the only thing they can do now is either pull what they did with the Brawl trailer a couple of years ago, or just have more games than they talked about in the playable demos area...

other than that...REALLY glad I have a 360, if only for FF13 :D

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Yeah, but will they be of games they haven't announced already? There's been so many rumors of things like F-Zero Wii, Pikmin 3, Kid Icarus Wii, etc., but I still haven't heard anything official about them.

Top Bottom