• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
**** ****ing straight, I rented that game when I was 13. I was so frustrated with those mother ****ing rings. And omg when I finally beat the first level I was so happy....only to realize that when I lost the second level in 6 seconds I had to start back at the rings...yeah **** that ****. I thought something was wrong with me and not the game. I looked at the box and saw Superman punching bad guys and using his heat vision and I kept wondering where the **** was all that in this piece of **** game!?!!? Man, talk about blatant false advertising.
yah the people at titus should all be burned for that horrid piece of ****e they calld a game

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I lol'd at the Bale story.
>_> I just thought it was funny.
XD Pirate his movies! That'll teach him a lesson!
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
As long as you don't pirate the Dark Knight. Everyone should see that in theaters. Let's all help it break the opening weekend record set by Spider-man 3! Come on Dark Knight, you can pass 152 million lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I lol'd at the Bale story.
>_> I just thought it was funny.
XD Pirate his movies! That'll teach him a lesson!
-DD

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Hey Modest,
I saw that you had a good time also on that MKart collect the coins speed run. I have been trying to figure out how the **** those people got 33's. It just doesn't make sense
_______

I think dark knight will pass spiderman 3's opening weekend

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I certainly hope it does, but it's going to be extremely difficult. Batman Begins had a 48 mill opening weekend, however, it was released on a Wednesday so that number was pretty good back in '05. No one knew if the new Batman would suck so they were hesitant. Once people saw it, the general consensus was that it was amazing and, through word of mouth, it passed 200 mill domestic (over 4 times its opening weekend, indicating that it was well loved).

Now, I also think the Dark Knight will have an insane opening weekened because 1) three years of dvd sales and more word of mouth so everyone has seen Batman Begins 2) Heath Ledger died months ago and the trailer alone shows us how terrifying his last performance will be 3) the 2nd trailer for the Dark Knight has almost 10 million views on youtube BEFORE its release. I've never seen it that high before. Iron Man's trailer had about 4 mill views before it was released and it scored 98 mill in it's first three days. Based on this, the Dark Knight will break 150 mill. At the very least it'll be 120.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I don't think you can accurately predict box office from youtube hits... I would be very surprised if it broke 100mil personally. Not that it's not gonna ROCK

have a good weekend everybody, I won't be back on till Wednesday

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Actually, you can. I've followed most recently successful movies from their youtube trailers and they do consistently indicate how a movie will fare in its opening weekend. 300 and Hancock are other examples.

It's going to easily break 100 mill I think. Everyone loved Batman Begins, just like how everyone loved Spider-man 2 and look how awesome Spider-man 3 did in it's opening despite being complete trash. People go see sequels if they loved the first movie ESPECIALLY is they missed that movie in the theaters. It's how it's always worked. All the people who saw Batman Begins on dvd and loved it (pretty much everyone) will be in line next week for the Dark Knight. Also, reviews play a role in all this and great ones persuade even the most skeptical movie goers to see a superhero movie even though they wouldn't normally see it. So far Dark Knight has a 100% on RT (even though there's like 13 reviews lol) but many of those reviews have said it's one of the best films of the year.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
According to a report from Toward Freedom, high demand of the PlayStation 2 back in 2000 helped fuel a war in Africa that resulted in several million dead.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Demand-for...fuel-African-PlayStation-War/pg/49/aid/122061

-_______-

edit: on the brighter side of vidya game news

The Japanese release date [for FF7ACC] has been decided, but it will have to wait (probably to the event DKΣ3713 in early August) so that it is unveiled. Nomura also notes that a big announcement that should accompany the release date, without giving more details.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Phoenix-Down-for-hopefuls-big-FF7-announcement-soon/pg/49/aid/122060

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
OMFG.
I ran across an old test I took Freshman year, and it turns out that my religion teacher was a 4channer.
>_> He put a motivational poster on the back of the test, with a picture of the pyramids, and the caption says:
"ACHIEVEMENT!
You can do anything you set your mind to when you have Vision, Determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor."

Haha, he is such a cool guy.
-DD

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Holy **** my Gabriel just started walking this morning!
That's awesome, Jam.

I don't play Guitar Hero, but that was insane.

Hey Modest,
I saw that you had a good time also on that MKart collect the coins speed run. I have been trying to figure out how the **** those people got 33's. It just doesn't make sense
_______

I think dark knight will pass spiderman 3's opening weekend
I got that time using either Daisy in the Mach Bike. I assume they used Funky and the Flame Runner or Spear.
I hope it passes Spiderman 3. That movie was a letdown, whereas Dark Knight will be awesome. I'm seeing this in theaters. No pirating this time.

Elite Beat Agents is awesome
Yes it is. You should also try the two Ouendan games. I swear the cheer squad leader (Guy in the Middle) looks like Sol Badguy from GG.

hey guys it's my birthday today.
Happy birthday.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
All you Ouendan fans should check out Osu!
: [ Its better than Ouendan. Kinda.
-DD

TyrantBandit

Smash Rookie
Hey

Hey
I live in West Hartford and i have never been to a tournament. but since the release of brawl i have been wandering smashboards and learning stuff. i want to get good but none of my friends play competitively and the ones that are pretty good(compared to me) live kinda far away. I was just wondering if there were any tournaments close by cause my parents wont let me go to any that are even like 30 min away. Hopefully i can get good at this game. i play rob, game and watch, and i like playing as bowser and ganondorf. Rob is by far my best character. and hopefully i can make him amazing and enough to compete with some of you guys that play in tournies.

noodles

Smash Champion
ROB is awesome :D. theres weeklies that jam stunna hosts. i know its in hartford but no idea what part. id link you to the thread but im on my wii

Top Bottom