• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
You little Slickdealer you, Darc. Those are 2GB Kingston Datatravelers that you probably got free after Google Checkout from Buy.com! I had one of those but I lost it school... blast!

I went the Stratford Gamestop today and picked up some more awesome games...

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

I almost got Baten Kaitos Origins (newer prequel to Baten Kaitos), but I figured I'd see if I like the first one before I got the prequel.

I was so surprised to find Skies of Arcadia there, and it was only $20 ($14 after my 30% off coupon).

I now have so many awesome Gamecube games to play, I don't even know what to do with myself. **** my starting work full time on Monday!

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I played Baten Kaitos. Once you get used to the battle system, it's a pretty good game. They had Skies of Arcadia there? Man, I've been wanting to get that so I can play it again. *jealous*
Yeah I've heard the battle system in that game is strange... something to do with cards... but sounds good anyway.

I was surprised they had Skies of Arcadia also. I just looked at their website and it's listed at $14.99 for a used copy, but I got mine for $19.99. Maybe I should go back and try to get some money back. It could have been a price mistake, since I saw 2 used copies of Soul Calibur 2... one was $5.99 and another was $9.99. *shrug*

You could try going here: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=24494. Put in your zip code and see if they have it in stock anywhere near you. I think it's fairly accurate.

noodles

Smash Champion
ill probably play jam

budai i dont think that would work (the getting some money back idea) because if you look at walmart.com they have the virtual console cards for 20, and at the store 25. the websites and stores both have different prices and will probably still have you pay the 19.99

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
My current AIM "new message received" sound is Protoman's whistle. It has been for awhile. However, it has finally gotten stale. I'm currently thinking of using either

MGS Codec
That Mega Man tune that plays when you choose a boss
Hadoken
Rupee (Although this is currently my error sound, I'd have to replace that with something)
Metroid (Laying a bomb) - My USB device connect sound is Get Item from Super Metroid <_<

Any other suggestions?
I collect rupees every time I receive a text message and it always makes me happy :]
I say replace your error sound with the mortal kombat Woopsieeeee noise, and use rupees or opening a small chest noise for IMs

that was cool
I think its awesome when artists or groups play a completely different version of their hit song. Everyone goes there expecting to hear it like it was on the radio, but instead you get something even better

Apparently, Smashboards has begun a policy of using progressively more annoying ads until everyone is forced to become a Premium member.

Also, http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4793716#post4793716
lol wait...are you talking about the annoying bump for your own thread? or was there really an annoying ad there? cuz it didn't show up for me
and if so was it the one where the banner actually comes down and takes up your whole screen???

____

That Fred W. Phelps guy is obnoxious and dumb
he would get along well with the gargoyle god warrior lady lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCh2FXzD6R4
I've been watching all george carlin stuff on hbo and he truly was hilarious

bonus link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMIEW8Sg4b4&feature=related

noodles

Smash Champion
i hate that ad

how do you guys get these sounds for aim, and does the other person your talking to hear them too?

noodles

Smash Champion
downloading, if this works there will be no reason to ever get a premium account with custom avatars available

edit- my aim sidebar is black now so thats kinda kickass im not sure how to use it though

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
oh LOL I read your message wrong. I thought you said that you get random sounds in aim >_>
sorry.

If you wanted to get rid of the ads on smashboards. Just get adblock plus with firefox. then continue to **** it.

noodles

Smash Champion
lol i could have worded that better i ment to ask how to disable the annoying ad at the top, and i heard a couple people talking about sounds when sending messages on aim like the mgs codec and such.

noodles

Smash Champion
DR keeps getting better and better whenever i play him

EDIT- didnt see you there lol

_milktea

Smash Lord
Cat Fight, I noticed you asking why Rok was so mutually hated on another thread. Because he deserves it, the end. He's arrogant, he's obnoxious, he's a massive troll, he's a drama *****, attention *****, everything you can think of. He respects nobody, and this is coming from me; I generally don't randomly dislike or hate people without a legitimate reason so believe me, he deserves the hatred he's receiving from the Smash community.

=^______^= /waits for summon.

Top Bottom