• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about going to another Gamestop to pick up some more GC games...

What do people think of Resident Evil 4? I've heard it's good, but should I get it for Wii instead of GC or not at all?
Also, how about Eternal Darkess? Paper Mario?
Definatel get RE4 for either system. Never played the Wii version but I heard it was a lot better. Paper Mario Thousand Year Door? Waaaay too good.

Wes- Augh why would you make someone listen to that?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
But PoF is too busy band wagoning to use his brain
You and I both know that Melee is clearly the better game, and with good reason. Even you yourself bashed the living heck out of Brawl within the first month of the games release. Every other post made by you was "Brawl Sucks." Bandwagon? Everyone has high hopes for Brawl now and they possibly see a decent future for it....I dont anymore. Its not even like I just sat out of brawl tournies and made a horrible broad generalization of the game...I competed and went to many tournies placing fairly well.

Everything so far that has been found in glitches for Brawl have been pretty much useless aside from the mortar slide and the longer reach in grabs by canceling your dash.

The Home run contest and target tests in brawl are too easy....thats why they are bad. It takes so much more skill to execute a good home run hit in melee for that simple obvious reason, the barrier.

I think people are misunderstanding what im saying---

Brawl is a good game, its just a horrible competitive game that shows no development.

I'm going to be in your part of town tonight to pick up Wes want to meet up?
Yeah, i'll give Wes a call now...I just got back from Milford.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
when it comes down to it
nobody is going to listen to what you say poffy
sorry
your too new in the scene
people will just look at you as a ranting scrub, regardless if you have a legit explanation

specially since youve bounced back and forth on opinions
its just how it is

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Also Poffy.
HRC is better/worse based on how entertaining it is to watch.
In Melee, the dudes had to be careful not to knock Mr.Bag off the platform, so that really limited what they could do, unless you're going to bounce it off the back wall.

In Brawl, the HRC is awesome to watch because that little guy goes flying all over the place.
Honestly, it doesn't matter which game it is, the amount of practice and timing and skill that goes into each strat is basically equal in both games, just not as equally ridiculous in visual presentation.

So really. Stop saying that EVERYTHING in Brawl is inferior to Melee. That isn't the case. It will never be the case. Just play what you want to play and don't give us excuses for things.
-DD

Cort

Apple Head
The Home run contest and target tests in brawl are too easy....thats why they are bad. It takes so much more skill to execute a good home run hit in melee for that simple obvious reason, the barrier.
Where're your world records and high scores?

When it comes down to it, the most inventive and talented players get the best scores. It still boils down to frame perfection in the end.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Where're your world records and high scores?

When it comes down to it, the most inventive and talented players get the best scores. It still boils down to frame perfection in the end.
After a good hour of fooling around with Marth I was able to get near 2,000 feet without even using the bat.

If you want, i'll even send you the video. Wii #?

Also, some of the strategies that we see daily from Nintendo sending us the replays are very simple to just go do yourself. There was one with the iceys earlier in the games release that was a send in that literally took me one minute to do get within like 50 ft of it.

Some of the characters strategies (aside from the new characters obviously and characters whose Dairs have been adjusted) are the exact same thing as we would do in Melee.

DD-

Agreed that Brawl HRC is much more fun to watch...I won't argue that at all but the fact of the matter is, Nintendo did not introduce anything special when they inserted the barrier. Once again, it just made it easier for people who could not perform well in Melee. Its fun, but it shows less skill. With the barriers inserted people who were good at Melee HRC are now easily getting at least a good 4K or 5K while noobs are jumping for **** when they get 1.5K. The idea of the barriers was clearly aimed at people who struggled in Melee at it...without a doubt along with the insertion of weapons and the cracker launcher in Target Test.

Cort-Noodles mentioned a couple of days earlier that he had gotten like 7 or 8 seconds in a particular target test. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you say that anyone can wreck through the target test level 4 by abusing the cracker launcher? Whats the fun/point of watching that?

I absolutely 100% agree with you sir....without a doubt. The fact of the matter is, the dominant players in Melee are still dominating in Brawl whether it be target test or HRC so the barriers were inserted to just make nooby players feel accomplished while the Melee pros were wrecking there previous records in Melee.

Jake-

I'll probably always be viewed that way and for one reason only...I'm not good at Melee.

That sounds really rude and bashing to the community....but its true. Sorry if that comes off as a bit rude...but I mean no harm to any one of you.

So far the general consensus I've gathered about the smash community is that everything revolves around how good you are at Melee to determine if you are a respected player. I guess this is a good and bad thing at the same time because no one really cares how good anyone is at Brawl...its all the same thing right now....but within good fun I suppose. Everyone here (pretty much) has seen me play Melee and knows im not really too good. I saw Brawl as an opportunity to prove to people that I AM A GOOD SMASHER but the fact of the matter is, if i started placing 4th or 5th...no one would really care. People are impressed by Melee skill more than Brawl skill so people like Noodles, DD, myself, jinoichi, Marth is my hero, etc really wont ever be recognized or respected because we were never impressive in Melee. I have no HATRED for Brawl (I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk prior everyone) but it really saddens me when I see everyone being all jump on the bandwagon "lets play what everyone is playing guys!" when Melee clearly is the superior. So what if Melee is the "older" game. What a ****ing stupid attitude everyone is taking in terms of that respect. Do you see more people ranting about Mario Kart 64 or Mario Kart Wii? Donkey Kong Country or Donkey Kong Country III? Street Fighter II Turbo or Street Fighter Alpha III? Sonic The Hedgehog or Sonic the seven rings? (the one for the wii...forgot the name) There is absolutely nothing wrong with sticking to an old game and being loyal to it. Some of you want to I am sure drop Brawl and continue playing Melee but the fact of the matter is, everyone is so concerned with "fitting in" to just do what they want to do.

Examples-When someone gets insulted on the boards a good 3-4 people prior will go "omg! that was sooooo good Dazwa!" or something to that extent...and nine times out of ten its a user that no one really pays much attention to because that person just wants to get recognized etc etc. Take a look at my post history and look at the 2nd to last thing I replied to -Nana- with. I knew he was going to say that the moment I saw what Cat Fight had said because he is a new user looking to fit into the community.

I'm going to go hop on the bandwagon now and go play Melee. (Because thats the bandwagon game.)

Brookman

Smash Hero
That's just about it Garret. As it is with most everything in the world, there are those who lead and those who follow the leaders with their noses in the leader's rear end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGa52pQ-z4E

guitar as percussion

YourStillxWithMe (11:21:11 PM): My name is speleed with two T's at the end *******!
The Brookman06 (11:21:12 PM): on yourubte
The Brookman06 (11:21:20 PM): you're gay
The Brookman06 (11:21:26 PM): now it's only 1 t
YourStillxWithMe (11:21:26 PM): As are you kind sir.
YourStillxWithMe (11:21:31 PM): gay
The Brookman06 (11:21:34 PM): lol
The Brookman06 (11:21:39 PM): if it means that much to you
The Brookman06 (11:21:44 PM): ...
The Brookman06 (11:21:47 PM): kill yourself
YourStillxWithMe (11:21:52 PM): Such a good idea.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I think we should all take time out of our busy lives to appreciate the awesomeness of CogSmooch's avatar.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
My current AIM "new message received" sound is Protoman's whistle. It has been for awhile. However, it has finally gotten stale. I'm currently thinking of using either

MGS Codec
That Mega Man tune that plays when you choose a boss
Hadoken
Rupee (Although this is currently my error sound, I'd have to replace that with something)
Metroid (Laying a bomb) - My USB device connect sound is Get Item from Super Metroid <_<

Any other suggestions?

Cort

Apple Head
omg dazwa those are such awesome sounds!

I <3 Dazwa, seriously

I'm gonna go play some SSB64 now cause it's even more retro than Melee

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
It is I! CHEWMAN!!!

So...yeah, i work a lot and have a steady girlfriend which has been impairing my ability to compete with y'all. So i'm just dropping in to say "Hi" and I'm glad to see that much hasn't changed around here. I will be, however, getting a steady flow of Sunday's off, so I'm thinking about reinstituting the CT rankfest or something along those lines for a monthly Sunday event....stay tuned.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Brawl HRC is the only thing better about Brawl compared to Melee
My sentiments exactly. There is plenty of technical work involved in Brawl HRC and no matter how you look at it, it's still ten seconds of trying to perfect something, and this time around it's much more interesting to watch and actually has more possibilities as opposed to the fighting engine which has less possibilities.

Btw, Cort, how is your HRC coming along. I've been working on my strategies for weeks but keep coming up short in the last couple frames :( But i am very persistent.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
lol MGS3 ***** me due to lack of constant radar :-3
>___>;;
I watched my friend play the MGS games.
3 was my favorite.
I also watched him play most of the FF Games.
God I hate playing videogames for some reason.
LOL.
-DD

Cort

Apple Head
We all miss you, Chewman

I haven't played Brawl stadium for a second since the last time I was talking to you about it.

My Wii hasn't even been on at my house for like 3 months.

Top Bottom