• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Also I think certain characters like Kirby and I think Jigs can escape spikes in Melee as well like every time up to a certain % with some characters. I know Marth is one of them. Am I right?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Also I think certain characters like Kirby and I think Jigs can escape spikes in Melee as well like every time up to a certain % with some characters. I know Marth is one of them. Am I right?
You can do the same thing in both games from like 10-15% which in most cases people dont even attempt spikes that low.....because it wont work. That does not bash my argument any further.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
No to Kirby you can do it way higher than that. I know that ^ already haha come on have some respect for me.

Does anybody want to do some wifi'n?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah, it is. It should not be called a "Spike" if you cant spike your opponent straight down. What is a spike in volleyball? Does it float up a little bit after you hit straight down over the net? No.

I like Melee. Where are you from?

Why Brawl is crap

-You can jump on peoples heads
-You can go under stages and come out the other side with ROB, Pit, MK, and Charizard.
-Tripping.
-You can keep side stepping and dodge most attacks infinitely with most characters. (Ask Noodles416..I demonstrated this to him tonight.)
-Matches take too much time. (Thats why tourney standard is 3 stock, not 4)
-Watching a Brawl match is extremely boring unless its Snake or Icey dittos.
-Online communication is the worst thing ever. When you're in an online match, opponents wanting to play you not in the room CAN NOT communicate with you.
-You have to add a "friend code" in order to play someone you know as opposed to a room like most games have.
-You can only have a good 50-60 people in your "friends list"
-Online is laggy over long distances. Mario Kart on the Wii and the DS system do not share this issue.
-Falcons Knee, Shieks fair, Jigglys rest, Luigis Dair, Marths entire game, have all been nerfed beyond belief.
-Less hit stun
-You cant spike everyone in the game (MK, ROB, Pit, Charizard) if they have some of their multiple jumps saved.
-Less combo ability
-Takes higher % to KO your opponent
-Slower gameplay
-Broken shields (Even marths Shield Breaker takes a near full charge to break the shield)
-The general strategy of the game is to sit back and camp.
-It takes less time to grow and develop as a solid player.
-The infinite death grab that is performed on both Ness and Lucas is too stupid and makes the game look poorly developed.
-It has a story mode that was an epic fail and waste of time.
-The target tests do not have a unique level to suite each character.
-The target tests are too easy to set records
-In the home run contest there is now a border to make it easier.
-You can now do Home run contests and target tests with two people. (Party game anyone?)
-Boss Battles? We are not playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance or MGS3 Snake VS Monkey
-When you view a replay there are no tags to identify players.
-When playing with items the most outrageous things happen that make no sense.
-The new Final Destination ( a FLAT level) can now gimp recoveries (Marth and GAW for example)
-There are multiple air dodges
-Less characters can chainthrow.
-Sonic was made into a horrible character after the huge hype that surrounded him.
-Aside from Snakes Mortar Slide most of the glitches found so far are completely useless.
-Certain moves now have "Armor Frames." (Why is this needed?)
-You cant transfer Replays or pictures to your computer via SD Card
-You cant control the direction of your multiple air dodges.
-DI'ing is extremely simple.
-Certain moves such as Ikes jab combo, GAW's bair, Snakes F tilt, MK's D smash, MK's up B, clearly "break" the game and make no sense.
-People view characters such as Snake and Meta Knight as "cheap" Why play a game with "cheap" characters?
-It costs more than Melee.
-The Wii costs more than a Gamecube.
-The Wii is a horrible system.

Brawl sucks and with good reasons. This game was hyped to be one of the greatest things we had seen in years and it clearly was not. Maybe you may like it and think it is a good game but let me ask you this, "Was it everything you were expecting from Nintendo and did it live up to your expectations for the oh so popular series?"

EDIT-I'm not making this post to point at anyone directly or make a whole new set of drama on here. I'm just sick of people playing conformist and playing a game just because everyone else is doing it. Why compete in a game that isnt competitive? Why waste 10-20 bucks when you could just get hammered, high, or whatever the heck you choose to do with friends and play the game? If anything, Melee should still be the tourney standard....but it wont be and I accept that as a player....Brawl is unfortunatly the new thing. We all want Melee back whether we admit it or not.

Heck, I dont know about you guys but I'd go to an N64 tournament!!! Ness for top tier.
PLEASE stop. You're just talking out of your ass (as usual). It's embarassing.

Brawl and Melee each have their own merits. Both are good games. They're just different; that's all. Nothing further needs to be said on this subject. Everybody needs to get on with their lives.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
So basically you can't adapt? Okay.
I can adapt fine seeing as I did main (past tense) Meta Knight. I avoided Spikes by simply up bing after....its not difficult.

I respect the fact that you like Brawl Dazwa simply because you really did not have much more room for growth in Melee and got tired of it. Your Shiek was/is really good. I saw you in the finals with PC at the (9th?) Esticle with your Megaman hoody (good stuff) and thought you were the best Shiek I had ever seen. Your reasons at least make sense where as everyone else just gives up on Melee because they feel they cant keep up with the general community.

Thats a key reason why people like Brawl better than Melee. They feel as if they dont stand a chance VS most in Melee or they cant keep up so they see Brawl as a way to prove they are a good player.

I admit 100%, I thought the same exact thing...but now I realize, what the heck is the friggin point in proving anything in that game? Each and every person plays the EXACT same. Unless you main someone like Mario, Shiek, or Sonic you cant really stand out as a good player. Look at Memphischains for example...he may not place extremely high but he stands out to me because he ***** with Sonic....THAT takes skill. When people watch a good MK or Snake they think "Oh, hes a good snake...no biggie" Theres no flare to Brawl or things that make someone stand out as a good player. Was Brawl what you thought it was going to be Dazwa?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok so anyone who is at Tom's tourney this wkend will hear the story about how Dethklok called me a "judgemental *******" mid set. I'm ****ing awesome.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It just occurred to me that states like Maine and Rhode Island have an inordinate amount of awesomeness per capita.

_V_

Smash Ace
I thought after last night you had agreed to conciously stop bad mouthing Brawl? Hahaha, oh well!

N- Lots of people still play Melee, so do not worry! As for tournaments...there may be tiny ones at people's houses, but nothing big.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Corridors of Time is probably my favorite song from Chrono Trigger. They're all so good, though..

^Directed at Jam.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Geos is in CT and he texted me about CTcon so I am guessing he is going to CTcon. ^_^

Are they even going to have melee this year? AB/AN both didn't have melee tournaments and AN had like one tv for melee friendlies... =(

I almost got these two amazing posters in the artist alley. One I think some of you might have seen, Brokeback Courtroom with Edgeworth hugging Wright. Then there was one where it shows L's back and Raito on the ground as if he's about to get ***** with the caption, "L has ways of making you talk." The little posters were like $10 and the big ones were up for auction starting at like $30... so I didn't get it. But I probably should've gotten the little ones because they're awesome.

_milktea

Smash Lord
I almost got these two amazing posters in the artist alley. One I think some of you might have seen, Brokeback Courtroom with Edgeworth hugging Wright.

HOLY **** LOL LET ME BUY IT Off OF YOU WHATTTTT WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG *****ing dies*

maybe ctcon 'll have em.../plots phoenix wright yaoi

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
In Peach dittos with my wife, I just power-shielded four turnips in a row. I'm so proud of myself.

But I lost the match. :(

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
In Peach dittos with my wife, I just power-shielded four turnips in a row. I'm so proud of myself.

But I lost the match. :(
This one time Alex perfect shielded 6 of shieks needles that i threw him at once while he was walking towards me....it was the sexiest thing i had ever seen in Brawl.

edit- i mean six single shots not one big streak of 5 or 6 or whatever

Edit- I wish Melees character select screen looked like this.

And hey, its that top tier guy from Melee...ya know the coolest guy in the whole game.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
>_>.
That has to be the most ******** looking Fire Emblem attack.
Ever.
Even the wimpy archers had cooler animations.
-DD
As Brookman would say: STFU NOOB :mad:

Also Lil-

Shes the one on the right.

and now the left. :)
She was obsessed with that "supaman that ho" song here...haha

I've yet to hit that photo spree madness with her. We just got together...still like in that first two week period haha

Top Bottom