• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Aesir

Smash Master
I'm not talking about PoF V, Pof use to be really annoying and rude and I never wanted to hit someone more then I've ever wanted to hit someone before in my life.

But he changed and matured, he still has issues here and there, but hey I wasn't any different when I first started I just kept to myself a lot more lol.

In closing, PoF seems like a real chill guy out side the boards I eased dropped on some of his convos he doesn't seem nearly as annoying out side the boards.

Maybe he's CT's DooDah? maybe.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
like V said most of the problems lies in peoples opinions, and there is little use in trying to change them. However I believe it is important to discuss them as long as its done intelligently. I just honestly did not see shminkle's reasons for leaving as "it has gotten to kiddy". I just don't think a few immature posts should seemingly drag the whole thread down to grade school level

PoF my roommmate is a baseball pitcher and he gets into this groove where he can bowl a strike every time. He's racked up a total of like 10 perfect games. MM him?

Markstyle

Smash Rookie
He found the scene terrible...that is why he quit.

It should be over after that...

Those are his personal reasons for doing what he wants with his life. It shouldn't cause some huge discussion...unless it was about how amazing Shmink is.

I just do not want him leaving us to get swept under the table. We will miss him, and that is what should be talked about.

Edit//People new to the community will always be arrogant if they think they are good...because they do not know!

Look, I believe you are talking about PoF. I have never met him, but I have seen him post many times. He has changed a lot and lots of people do not give him credit. He openly admits that he comes off as a prick online and may get riled up too easily.

He overall means no harm, and if Mike Brookman likes him then everyone should :)

Hahaha...yeah I pulled the Mike Brookman card.
Haha this was our conversation last night

Me - Hey, I'm Mark, what's your name?
PoF - ::shakes hand:: Hey
Me - What's your name?
PoF - ::Stares into oblivion::
Me - What's your name?
PoF - ::continues to stare into oblivion::
Me - Or you could just ignore me, that's fine too.
PoF - Oh, sorry I didn't hear you. I'm Prince of Fire; the one that everyone hates on smashboards.
Me - OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

later on...

Me - lets bang

LOL

PoF is alright in my book. He falls in line with ALL of the other smashers I meet at tournys that refuse to tell me their name or completely ignore me when I introduce myself and ask for theirs. :chuckle:

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
PoF my roommmate is a baseball pitcher and he gets into this groove where he can bowl a strike every time. He's racked up a total of like 10 perfect games. MM him?
If its on my home TV-deal. If not-No.

I'm good on my own TV...it would have to be a weird, new tv setup so both players are not used to a particular TV set and such.

But yeah, im down for that.

I'm quite good...i just need to play/start practicing again. Last night was my first time in probably 7-9 months.

EDIT-

Haha this was our conversation last night

Me - Hey, I'm Mark, what's your name?
PoF - ::shakes hand:: Hey
Me - What's your name?
PoF - ::Stares into oblivion::
Me - What's your name?
PoF - ::continues to stare into oblivion::
Me - Or you could just ignore me, that's fine too.
PoF - Oh, sorry I didn't hear you. I'm Prince of Fire; the one that everyone hates on smashboards.
Me - OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

later on...

Me - lets bang

LOL

PoF is alright in my book. He falls in line with ALL of the other smashers I meet at tournys that refuse to tell me their name or completely ignore me when I introduce myself and ask for theirs. :chuckle:

haha yeah...sorry about that. I remembered you from Mikes house though...so give me props there?

Anyway, yeah more MM's of Wii bowling to come. Sucks you cant come Friday....weak.

and thank you kind sir.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
it basically comes down to a series of influx of new players, mostly the arrogant brawl newbs who go around going.

All melee is, is combo spamming how is that good? at least brawl takes intelligence and skill to win.

thats just an example but posts like that are generally very much not appreciated. Coupled with the 4chan *** influx it really makes me wanna kill babies.

PLUS theres more, the brawl vs melee debate constantly gets brought up, when in reality if we has a community just accepted the fact that hey maybe we should just allow both for the time being things wouldn't be as problematic as they are now.

Meh Maybe I'm just being a pessimist but I've been part of gaming communities since I was 16 years old, I've gotten to the point where I can tell when a community is dying or changing or what have you.

I personally just think that if everyone drops melee for brawl, it'll end up like soul Calibur everyone in that community dropped 2 to play 3 and guess what? 3 ended up not being as successful as 2 and the community just died.

I'm just concerned is all, and I hate how spammy the ct thread is LOL, I really think we should only post in here when theres something to contribute. Not stuff like "LOL I GOT THE 12345 POST I WIN" thats not very productive in my opinion. >_>

and while I know people are sick of me *****ing, I can honestly say this is probably the most productive talk I've seen in this thread in a long time.
I agree with Aesir, I think there is a tad too much spam and not enough relevant discusion, I'm not saying that spam is completley bad but I would like to see a bit more of a balance. One thing for sure that I beleive is pointless, is this melee/ brawl war. consider the facts, THERE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAMES. I play both and am decent at both, both are fun just in different ways. So who ever wants to run melee tourneys go for it more power to you ill be there. and for the people run brawl tournies great, awesome have fun ill be there too. I honestly don't think theres any reason to be all arguing for something so trivial. If I didn't say anything relevant to the convo right now then tell me, because thats what I got out of all the discussion going on right about now.

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
I think it's funny that everybody around here worships Cort and assumes he is the defacto leader of the CT thread and he spams with just as much crap as any of the scrubs that pop in here. No offense to Cort, though. .
Who the **** is worshipping me?

This community sucks cause of whiny, complaining and unnecessarily argumentative morons.

The only reason this community has gone down hill is because of Brawl and how many people can't find themselves to play a new game and try and enjoy it.

This thread has ALWAYS been spammy.

Aesir

Smash Master
Who the **** is worshipping me?

This community sucks cause of whiny, complaining and unnecessarily argumentative morons.

The only reason this community has gone down hill is because of Brawl and how many people can't find themselves to play a new game and try and enjoy it.

This thread has ALWAYS been spammy.
We've always been spammy but we've also had controlled spam, it wasn't until recently did it begin to get out of hand. THe race to see who would get a specific post number, or just reposting random stupid gifs isn't my idea controlled spam thats the kinda **** you go to 4chan for.

and if you don't know anyone that rides your ****, then you're just silly and naive lol.

edit: the reason why it's going down hill is because people don't respect others opinions to play a different game. this has nothing to do with which game to play it has to do that some other people are forcing others to play both directly and indirectly.

Thats the problem, people should just play what they like to play, if you like brawl play brawl, if you like melee play melee.

Brawl is way to new to become the set norm for the community right now, if things flop guess what? we'll become the next Soul Calibur.

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'm saddened by shmink's wanting to quit and his opinion of random new age smashers, but when's the last time you played anyway? >_< I thought you quit ages ago to be honest =(

It's just weird that you'd randomly post in the topic after a random hiatus just to say how much the community sucks.

IMO the community has been fine. We have tournaments and smashfests, we attend out of state tournaments together, and the events are almost always full of fun considering we get to see each other. When's the last time you did that, shmink? =(

I also agree with V and that this 'discussion' should be dropped. I haven't heard anything productive come out of it other than pessimistic bullpoop.

PS this is Paul

WHO THE **** RIDES MY ****? I like coming off as an ******* so that people aren't ostensively nice to me. The little kindness I get is just for being good at a videogame. I donno why people are even using smashers 'sucking up' to me as a reason in this stupid discussion considering if you want to pretend that it happens, it's been occuring since the beginning of this thread.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
PS this is Paul
Oh..... and the whole suck up thing, meh, I was nice to you because I met you at silas's house and thought you were cool, amd I kinda saw you more as a mentor rather a way to get into the community and be recognized, until I IM'ed you and acted polite. After that I just maintained my respect for you. As long as you don't cross the line, then your **** ^______^

But I still beleive I can learn from you and everyone else and that's my reason why I rode you in the begining sir.

noodles

Smash Champion
I kinda saw you more as a mentor rather a way to get into the community and be recognized, until I IM'ed you and acted polite. After that I just maintained my respect for you. As long as you don't cross the line, then your **** ^______^

But I still beleive I can learn from you and everyone else and that's my reason why I rode you in the begining sir.
thats kinda the way it is from my perspective...

but dam how many undercover sn's do u have

edit/ except i only played u once at a tourny :/

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Also, I'm saddened by shmink's wanting to quit and his opinion of random new age smashers, but when's the last time you played anyway? >_< I thought you quit ages ago to be honest =(

It's just weird that you'd randomly post in the topic after a random hiatus just to say how much the community sucks.

IMO the community has been fine. We have tournaments and smashfests, we attend out of state tournaments together, and the events are almost always full of fun considering we get to see each other. When's the last time you did that, shmink? =(

I also agree with V and that this 'discussion' should be dropped. I haven't heard anything productive come out of it other than pessimistic bullpoop.

PS this is Paul

WHO THE **** RIDES MY ****? I like coming off as an ******* so that people aren't ostensively nice to me. The little kindness I get is just for being good at a videogame. I donno why people are even using smashers 'sucking up' to me as a reason in this stupid discussion considering if you want to pretend that it happens, it's been occuring since the beginning of this thread.
mindgrapefruits!
I didn't say people rode your ****, I just said people treated you as a defacto ruler, at least in this thread. The fact that you have more posts than God and you are the best in NE (the world in brawl lol) doesn't hurt that status. And the cockiness thing just adds to the "Cort is never wrong" mystique LOL

I wii bowl by going all the way to the right and spinning it, I get strikes like 75% of the time

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
i got out of work early today, cus im working night crew tonight now @_@
but
Does anybody know if, customers at a bank can lose money in their accnt, if a bank is robbed?
i think a peoples bank location got robbed
and my accnt doesnt have as much as i think i should have ; ;

SEXY

Smash Cadet
if money got robbed from the bank then thats big poopy... but i dont think harm will be done to the people unless ummm im not sure nm <_>

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i got out of work early today, cus im working night crew tonight now @_@
but
Does anybody know if, customers at a bank can lose money in their accnt, if a bank is robbed?
i think a peoples bank location got robbed
and my accnt doesnt have as much as i think i should have ; ;

the FDIC ensures that all monetary amounts up to 100,000 are secure/can't be lost in such a case. They're fine.(or was it a million dollars cant remember either way the average account holder is fine)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
that is good
now im just curious why my accnt is so low
guess ill go down to the bank and ask if they can get me a list of transactions
my online accnt is disabled atm -_- its so inconvenient to get it, undisabled
*sigh* maybe im just underestimating how much i spend on gas
or bought something
and forgot about it...?

Somebody find me a venue for VLS 3 ; ;

Edit
**** life
was able to call and ask for banking history crap
pretty much some checks i mailed, awhile ago all just came down this week and got cashed
i hate money lolll
i hope i get that assistant manager jorb, life would be goot.

Now seriously

Viva la smash, needs to happen
I have alot of ideas
if ANYBODY
Knows of any kind of a venue that oculd work
ANYTHING
that could contain like 250 people
let me know

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
To be more specific for you noodles
If i run another tourney, im not saying "just another tourney"
id aim for a turnout
of 200+
I only run one a year really
so normal lan center venues dont work
I have alot of big plans
and i have a good staff to back me up

noodles

Smash Champion
i called them they said they could fit 200 people 150 would be comfortable. but they would need setups and a 7 dollar venue fee so they would still profit. im not sure if thats what you want though. ive been thinking of hosting a tournament at that place myself for quite awhile.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Thumbs, CT would be ideal.. its difficult to run tourneys in far away locations

noodles does this venue have a website / pics or anything..?i have a hard time believing a lan center could fit all that

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i called them they said they could fit 200 people 150 would be comfortable. but they would need setups and a 7 dollar venue fee so they would still profit. im not sure if thats what you want though. ive been thinking of hosting a tournament at that place myself for quite awhile.
then by all means host one i'd show up and get ppl to show up as well. its better than the ones they run.

noodles

Smash Champion
it has a website no pics of the venue. call (203)296.9961 ask to speak to howard i think it was. he is the guy i talked to. they have alot of room nothing really taking up alot of space plenty of tables. he said all they would need is people to bring setups.

edit/ swift i think i will now. itll be during the summer for sure though

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
I've been there and its fairly big. I think 200 people would be kind of a stretch though. From what I recall the place only has two big screens unless they have upgraded. It is much bigger than digital mayhem and they don't have any PC's set up or anything

SEXY

Smash Cadet
yarr lets go raid the hartford civic center for VLS :-P

when Jam had his brawl fest i thought he said HCC not CCC. was about to say, Jam has to have some connections lol..... or something.. idk how much do those things cost to rent out anyways? >_>;

Top Bottom