• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I would have to disagree with the Metal Gear Solid box set being cool for three reasons

A-Metal Gear: Solid is the same game with no new graphic improvements....(sad...) and is just two ps1 discs
B-Metal Gear 2 is just Sons of Liberty...not Substance with all of the amazing like 300 VR missions
C-Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater is not Subsistence with the bonus online play. (not like it was good, but still.)

The box art is amazing, that is about the only thing it has going for it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=*) I feel so lubbed.
<3Alex

Edit: Of course its appropriate to ask for girl advice from the CT Thread! We help Khaly out all the time, that cute asian devil.

Also, did I mention <3Alex?

-DD

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I would have to disagree with the Metal Gear Solid box set being cool for three reasons

A-Metal Gear: Solid is the same game with no new graphic improvements....(sad...) and is just two ps1 discs
B-Metal Gear 2 is just Sons of Liberty...not Substance with all of the amazing like 300 VR missions
C-Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater is not Subsistence with the bonus online play. (not like it was good, but still.)

The box art is amazing, that is about the only thing it has going for it.
i disagree i didn't have any of the three games so it had a lot going for me :D $30 for 3 great games can't really get much better than that >_>

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
=*) I feel so lubbed.
<3Alex

Edit: Of course its appropriate to ask for girl advice from the CT Thread! We help Khaly out all the time, that cute asian devil.

-DD
lubbed, or... lubed? ;)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
i disagree i didn't have any of the three games so it had a lot going for me :D $30 for 3 great games can't really get much better than that >_>

Yeah, ok...I can see that then. I am just a HUGE Metal Gear fan (I even have the two on NES :) ) so I feel like I have to have all the best editions...and be uber geek. Like I am getting the $80.00 version of Metal Gear Solid 4 (only available through gamestop) just because it comes with like an extra disc with just like photos or something I'll probably never watch.

In other news-Go buy the essential Devil May Cry boxset :) thats awesome. Devil May Cry I=A-m-a-z-i-n-g

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
=*) I feel so lubbed.
<3Alex

-DD
Hahaha okay... I wrote a note I plan on leaving in this girl's car window that lives down the street from me, and yes, I realize how creepy that MAY seem. I just find it very hard to approach her (I tried Snake's Ftilt but her spacing is so smart ^_~ Ahuck huck huck) because she's always around four little kids, so I thought it was the next best thing... Besides, it only says "hi" and I drew a little picture in it. Nothing too awkward, I hope. <________<

What should I do? Leave the note? Or just try to strike conversation with her out of random? Our encounters usually don't go any further than glancing at each other, smiling, and saying "hi".

Also, her car has four baby seats in it. *cough* I hope she's not their Mom. -___-;

Same. I think it's a great buy and introduction to the series for people who've never really played it before. I used to watch my friends play it. *shrug*

Like PC said, $30 for 3 great games... :}

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I never got into the Metal Gear series. I should play them sometime...

Devil May Cry is one of the greatest games ever made. 2 was so bad I turned it off after 45 minutes. 3 was comparable with 1, it had it's flaws but still was great. So ****ing hard though.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Also, her car has four baby seats in it. *cough* I hope she's not their Mom. -___-;
LOL WOW.
Yea, you're best off going for a conversation. Just suck it up and go. Its best if you do it when she isn't leaving to actually GO somewhere, so you don't have to make it rushed or she'll rush you.

I mean, the note on the car window thing is a cute idea if she pretty much knew you better than "that guy with awesome hair that I glance at every now and again."

-DD

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Hahaha okay... I wrote a note I plan on leaving in this girl's car window that lives down the street from me, and yes, I realize how creepy that MAY seem. I just find it very hard to approach her (I tried Snake's Ftilt but her spacing is so smart ^_~ Ahuck huck huck) because she's always around four little kids, so I thought it was the next best thing... Besides, it only says "hi" and I drew a little picture in it. Nothing too awkward, I hope. <________<

What should I do? Leave the note? Or just try to strike conversation with her out of random? Our encounters usually don't go any further than glancing at each other, smiling, and saying "hi".

Also, her car has four baby seats in it. *cough* I hope she's not their Mom. -___-;}
This probably wont help much but as far as the girl goes i think it really depends on her. Some might think the whole idea was cute and original while others might just find it a little creepy(B!tches LOL) but if i was a girl i'd think it was adorable because its pretty exciting and original and beats a regular first awkward conversation that are oh so hard to start.. LOL at four baby seats too x_x scary.

edit: on the note write " I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOU" *LICKS LIPS* ROFLLLL

Brookman

Smash Hero
I gave this girl in my marth class a note that just said 'hi' inside of it, she hasn't come to class since :(

Just kiddding, I talked to her yesterday after class for a while, she's pretty cool, and very pretty. She hasn't told me to **** off yet, so things are going alright so far I guess xD

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I mean, the note on the car window thing is a cute idea if she pretty much knew you better than "that guy with awesome hair that I glance at every now and again."

-DD
Hahahaha. UGGGGGGH. I even drew a little stick figure of me waving with grass at my feet... *rubs forehead* WHAT TO DO!!?!?!

This probably wont help much but as far as the girl goes i think it really depends on her. Some might think the whole idea was cute and original while others might just find it a little creepy(B!tches LOL) but if i was a girl i'd think it was adorable because its pretty exciting and original and beats a regular first awkward conversation that are oh so hard to start.. LOL at four baby seats too x_x scary.

LMAO! I was actually contemplating saying something like that in the note. Something awkward but she could laugh at. Alas, nothing came to mind that wouldn't potentially repel her... Eh, I was just tryna play with some cute ideas. x__X

ErRrrRGH I don't exactly have many options. I'm not the best at making good first impressions. I have a hard time annunciating when I'm nervous.

I GUESS I'LL JUST GO WITH THE NOTE IDEA. SEE WHERE THAT LEADS TO! :3

And if it doesn't work, oh well. There's plenty of other ways to walk/ride my bike down the street. ;} LoL

_milktea

Smash Lord
OMG cat fight, NO TO THE NOTE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL

you don't want to seem creepy LOL, you should talk to her a bit first, and then maybe leave a note later :3

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
LOL!!

chris is way too funny =O

but yeah, like dd said, man up and just do the conversation thingy. be confident, girls like that. and have awesome hair, girls like that too. stalking can't hurt either, you know to like, figure out what she's into, and stuff.

(the last part was a joke, to clarify)

but as a general rule of thumb, 4 baby seats is a pretty big red flag, but hey, she could just be a babysitter? of the huge #'s?

any idea how old she is? btw?

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
I gave this girl in my marth class a note that just said 'hi' inside of it, she hasn't come to class since :(

Just kiddding, I talked to her yesterday after class for a while, she's pretty cool, and very pretty. She hasn't told me to **** off yet, so things are going alright so far I guess xD
did you ask about the ham sammich? but, seriously, good luck mikey =)

srsly, some guy left a note for my friend once and i was like wha..? creepy

and from then on i would text her telling her i'm watching her

tsk tsk
stalkertea >.>

Do the note thing, but only write "I want to ride you like Epona", any woman worth dating would love that note.
not only is that completely factual, but might just be the best way to discriminate women, EVER. high five sir, high five

edit:

but yeah wes, NO NOTE, at least not at this point in time. very important.

Brookman

Smash Hero
To each his own.

Cat, I recommend you do whatever you want. The worst thing that can happen is life goes on as usual, and you have one less option.

Skler

Smash Master
To each Skler's way.

Cat, I recommend you do whatever Skler says. The worst thing that can happen is she falls in love with you forever.
Fixed. But fo real, do whatever you want. Women love a guy who listens to Skler, but I also hear they're fond of people with their own ideas.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Just go up to her and act like you own the place.

Works everytime.

Chicks dig confidence.
be confident, girls like that.
i see a wonderfully factual trend here. FACTUAL TREND

it's also a good idea to walk into her house, start eating her food, and demand she makes you more food(actually owning the place)

edit:

Fixed. But fo real, do whatever you want. Women love a guy who listens to Skler, but I also hear they're fond of people with their own ideas.
it's true, the last time a guy listened to Skler, women were all like: "omg he's listening to Skler! any objection or lack of attraction that might have existed is now gone from me!"

yeahhuz *eats nugget sammich*

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Or use a sweet pick up line, I recomend:

"I'm going to make love to you like a snowstorm....I'll give you 8 to 10 inches and you won't be able to leave your house for a week"
LOL IRL

that made my day, and i almost lost my nugget sammich >.<

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
any idea how old she is? btw?
Somewhere in the 18-20 area, I suspect... I could be wrong. I know she doesn't go to the highschool and she is still young, so that's my best guess.

BUT GEEZ I SPENT ALL PERIOD DRAWING THAT DUMB PICTURE OF ME WAVING >:O!!!

I guess the note would be cute in a different setting. It's kinda different passing a note across a girl's desk in school than it is leaving a girl a note in her car window, I s'pose.

It's such a nice day out, too... She'll probably be outside when I get off the bus... *gulp* :|||||

****, ****, ****, ****..........................

Man, I hope I don't screw this up. School ends in 50min.

*rips up note*

EDIT:.... Just kidding I didn't actually rip up the note. I'm leaving her it whether or not it's the best thing to do because THAT IS HOW I ****ING ROLL. >:O!!!!!

And like Brookman said, if it doesn't turn out as planned, life goes on. :}

Brookman

Smash Hero
That's a funny one Tar.

Yea, **** all this cutsie, creepy bull ****.

Just go up to her and lick her face, if she slaps you she wasn't worth your time in the first place.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
ok. gl with note then wes. *wishes you the best*, but you might want to lick her face anyway

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Notes are not a good idea, internet chat is a bad idea too.....unless you know one of her friends really well or something like that...it just kind of has to happen. That is how I got all of my girlfriends and such...dont TRY to get her...its hard to explain.

Edit-I have to write a six page paper on LOVE and it is a good 40% of my grade for my English class.....this should be interesting....errr

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
HOLY FREAKING CRAP I THOUGHT OF A GREAT IDEA.

It kind of means I'll have to still leave a note, but whatever.

HOW ABOUT IF I PASS IT TO ONE OF THE LITTLE KIDS AND THEY RUN IT OVER TO HER???? Y/N?

I just have to redo it so it says something funny or something. 'Cause all it has in it right now is:

"HELLOOOO~!"

*insert stick figure drawing of me waving*

"Well, I just wanted to say hi. I hope it's not too creepy being in a note. x__X"

"HOPE YR ENJOYING THE NICE WEATHER, THOUGH!! ^___^ Byeeeee ~ Wesley"

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
that could be a good idea wes, but be careful that you don't look like a pedophile talking to little kids =$

on another note, tar just made me a "man", *shudders*

Top Bottom