• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Khaly

Smash Cadet
And then I got caught in a Genjutsu.
It was actually an orgy of hot Asian females, and KevinM.

Well, KevinM can basically be considered a hot Asian female.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
tell me
why do all these feelings in me,
call upon your name?
why do all these dreams within me,
always end up saying?

when will you come home?

_V_

Smash Ace
Woo I am living in California pretty much all summer. I will have to track down the other SoCal smashers... Rickety lives in San Diego I believe, right? I guess I will figure this out closer to when I am actually going, so I can warn them of my arrival, haha.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Lol @ thinking DBR sandbags deliberately. They just play and record while playing and pick stuff out later :/.
Even if it was on purpose i wouldn't mind for brawl since there aren't any legit combos rly. The video was entertaining and thats probably what they aim for but a lot of the combos we're comepletely avoidable thats all i was saying. Brawl took away my precious combos :( *camps in shield*

_milktea

Smash Lord
Even if it was on purpose i wouldn't mind for brawl since there aren't any legit combos rly. The video was entertaining and thats probably what they aim for but a lot of the combos we're comepletely avoidable thats all i was saying. Brawl took away my precious combos :( *camps in shield*
It's not on purpose though.

Two points.

1. It's a COMBO vid. Should they have posted their opponents airdodging? They cut out parts where they do airdodge because they DO, they're just not going to be including those fractions into their video.

2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=QeI7P-hV1oc

Zelgadis takes advantage of Germ's constant airdodging here, they're well aware lolol of airdodging, they do it and whatnot.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I think what people are getting at is that some of DBR's combo vids in the past have been all but staged in that people don't DI or do dumb things on purpose to make it look good. Which is pretty disingenuous... and who's to say the same thing didn't just happen, rather than "oops I forgot to airdodge"?

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
All combo videos are staged.

Seriously though, I've gotten ridiculously stupid combos done on Larx because of his DI and such. Why WOULDN'T I want those in my combo video. They look so cool.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
^^^ No actually the cool things about combo vids (besides the combos lulz) is the fact that the combos were pulled off in real games, which is significantly harder to do than in training mode. See: OC-Chu, a fantastic combo vid taken from all in-tourney matches (against beastly players)

And combos against larx =/= staged

edit: "Silence" is awesome

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Alright, I've gotten ridiculously stupid combos on thorn and people in tourney due to their DI and such. Why WOULDN'T I want those in my combo video?

Do you know what I like in combo videos?

Shit looking cool. I really don't give a damn if DBR's combo vid was staged or friendlies or whatever. It's the same stuff like TAS. No one could possibly do it, but it's cool as hell.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Im not making fun of dbr lol its a good video its fun to watch the music and video editing is mad good as usual im just saying for all the kids who try ken combos now because of it. >_> most of the stuff is escapable but as far as brawl combos there aren't really any so props to them for making the first brawl video that didn't put me to sleep.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Alright, I've gotten ridiculously stupid combos on thorn and people in tourney due to their DI and such. Why WOULDN'T I want those in my combo video?

Do you know what I like in combo videos?

Shit looking cool. I really don't give a damn if DBR's combo vid was staged or friendlies or whatever. It's the same stuff like TAS. No one could possibly do it, but it's cool as hell.
If Thorn was really trying and not like "do this combo to me, we can put it in a vid" then yeah put it in! As I said before, there is a difference between comboing the shiit out of somebody and comboing the shiit out of somebody because you set it up and staged it to look cool.

Also I like sheet looking cool, too... those japanese vids with the bumpers and fans are mad sexxy but I just find it a bit fecitious to present staged combos as legitimate combos.

BUT all that said I have no idea if DBR staged/stages their vids, and I too don't really care that much, cuz the video was cool.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I just don't like how people jumped on DBR immediately when they made this combo video.

Zelgadis is what got me into fox and King helped evolve my Jiggs.

Cort

Apple Head
also DBR's combo video is great

I just like to poke fun at them since I remember Zelgadis waveshining a Samus that barely went in front of him after each shine ROFL

A

acidxrayne

::Wethersfield :: acidxrayne :: Fox/Puff :: AIM-xX666ACID666Xx

882-2095 SMASH

ALEX IS THE ****LOLOL

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea it was kinda f**Ked up how ppl came @ him them few years ago about his play style. all that because of a combo video. Well except the drama with chillin that was funny.

Top Bottom