• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I suppose the most annoying thing about the development of the Brawl metagame is how every player finds it necessary to name every "new technique" after themselves. I just saw something called "Bright Canceling", and the guy's username was Bright.

What the ****.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Has anyone been watching Shippuden? I got to
the part where Gaara is revived
and the show was just moving at snail pace. Has it sped up yet, or is it still mad slow?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I could really go for one of those now. A big one would be great too.

Aesir

Smash Master
Imo a technique needs to be named according to it's usefulness. So unless this bright canceling like cancels out the brightness of your TV I fail to see the reasoning behind calling it bright canceling.

It's like that time I made the Aesir combo thread. >_>

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sorry CT, I'm in the mood to write, so you guys have to suffer.

I am no longer pro-choice

My co-worker considers this another step in my march towards the right, but I look at it as a step towards common sense (I know some of you consider the two to be synonymous, but bear with me).

I've been a pro-choice person all of my life. At first, I just thought it went with the territory of being a liberal. You know, as part of the standard line: pro-union, pro-gun control, pro-choice, etc. As I got older, I came to the conclusion that while I don't personally support abortion, I would support a woman's right to choose.

Lately though, and in the same way I came to my new conclusion about stem cells (and yes, once again my son had a huge influence on my change of heart), I came to recognize the pro-choice position as internally inconsistent. This process began when I was watching the News Hour with Jim Lehrer. Jim asked New York Times columnist David Brooks for his thoughts about the Democrat's policy on abortion. Brooks essentially said (I'm paraphrasing):

The Democrats have nowhere to go but further left on this issue, because if they were to ever admit that an abortion is the taking of a human life, then the debate would be over.
No matter where you stand on the issue, this statement is true. It didn't truly register in my mind until a few weeks later though, when I realized what I was actually saying by being pro choice: "I think abortion is murder, but I will support a woman's choice to commit it." That is an unbelievably wrong opinion to hold.

The bottom line is this. If you personally believe that abortion is wrong, there is no way in good conscience that you can support the right to choose it. The only debate is whether or not you believe that a life is being taken, which I think is a stretch in the first place.

Thoughts?

_milktea

Smash Lord
Jam, my thoughts basically revolve around your last sentence:

"The only debate is whether or not you believe that a life is being taken, which I think is a stretch in the first place."

Basically. It's all about the debate of whether or not you consider a fetus or whatever a child. I see getting an abortion early on more as preventing a life from ever, um, emerging? But if one waited a LONG time to get an abortion, where the fetus had developed..a lot, I'd be a bit iffy on that :/. I'm not sure. Haven't thought much about this lolol, still young.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I love Chewman's location.

Also, I'm pro-abortion, I say the more the merrier. In all seriousness, have you ever seen a fetus? Those things are about as close to human as The Predator. The Predator isn't human, right?

Brookman

Smash Hero
You fail to realize it isn't living, a fetus isn't a live it isn't even close to murder.
This is just so..ignorant. I'd say that a fetus is no more or less alive than your average human being. I mean, aside from what you said, just the way you said it.

A fetus isn't living. it isn't alive. it's not even a fraction of a murder.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I just had the Greatest KO by Snake....the best i've EVER seen

I played a match with this kid from NJ...he was Snake....i was Meta Knight...i three stocked him in a 4 stock match. Knowing what he would do (pick meta after i ***** him) i decided to pick Snake just to be an ***.

So anyways....he had roughly 75% (something like that.) we were on FD and he was in the middle of the stage...i was FARRRR right....pretty much the edge. I had planted a mine (not the B move, C4) a couple of yards away from the right side of the edge where i was hanging out.

Anyway, he starts running toward me...i full charge u smash....it travels all the way in the air and is on its way back down, he hits the mine and than hits the rocket on its way back toward the ground and goes soaring into the background for the kill. haha it was C-l-a-s-s-i-c. Then i taunted "Haha, You Suck"

Cort

Apple Head
Man PoF, I think that happens in pretty much all my matches *yawn*

And dang, you 3 stocked that kid's Snake? Good shiiit.

Aesir

Smash Master
This is just so..ignorant. I'd say that a fetus is no more or less alive than your average human being. I mean, aside from what you said, just the way you said it.

A fetus isn't living. it isn't alive. it's not even a fraction of a murder.
>_> A human has bodily functions that allow it to live without the need of another organism.

a fetus requires and needs the mother a live in order to live, it isn't until the first trimester till it's begun to acquire these traits.

Thus an abortion before the first trimester should be alright for the fact that it's simply just a parasite. After that though you shouldn't.

_V_

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure that fetus will be dependant on its parents for a good 20 more years or so...

or at least 90% of the time it will be.

I wish I had an opinion on things...just kidding, that would involve existing.

takieddine

Smash Master
A newborn baby is also technically dependent on his/her mother. Even though this dependency is not as essential as the bodily functions that a fetus needs. The problem with the issue is just where to draw the line. IMO its more of accepting responsibility. Rather than taking an easy way out and making it someone else's problem, women should look for (better) alternatives.

Cort

Apple Head
lol Steve

I guess I'd also agree with that first trimester thing, and hope it's not a thinking thing before it.

But I'll never have to worry about this stupid sh*t cause I always pull out.

Brookman

Smash Hero
A trimester is a 3 month period. The first trimester is the first three months of pregnancy.

That logic is so absurd it almost makes me want to vomit. A fetus isn't human because it relies on it's MOTHER'S BODY TO NURTURE IT TILL IT IS READY TO FUNCTION INDEPENDENTLY?!

Aesir

Smash Master
A trimester is a 3 month period. The first trimester is the first three months of pregnancy.

That logic is so absurd it almost makes me want to vomit. A fetus isn't human because it relies on it's MOTHER'S BODY TO NURTURE IT TILL IT IS READY TO FUNCTION INDEPENDENTLY?!
Stop trolling it's unfunny and frankly I find it slightly pathetic.

A newborn baby is also technically dependent on his/her mother. Even though this dependency is not as essential as the bodily functions that a fetus needs. The problem with the issue is just where to draw the line. IMO its more of accepting responsibility. Rather than taking an easy way out and making it someone else's problem, women should look for (better) alternatives.
Yes however it's human, and any member of the family could easily take over the roll of the mother.

Sometimes **** happens, and if the mother isn't someone who should be having children, they should be able to make that choice. It should always be the womans choice. No one elses.

and Lol @ easy way out, tell that to a **** victim >_>

Cort

Apple Head
lol parasites

first trimester ending*?

I donno I'm too uneducated/don't really care considering this debate has gone on for MILLENIA

Aesir

Smash Master
Not really simply put the Spartans would have aborted if they; A. Knew how, B. could detect when a child was going to be defective.

They regularly practiced in infanticide, if a newborn was sickly.

Aesir

Smash Master
It's not absurd. >_>

It's perfectly logical, after the second trimester the heart/lungs the vital stuff begins to form. though at around 10 weeks it begins to form more human qualities this is just an average and every pregnancy is different.

in terms of biology it has basically nothing even remotely similar to a human at least not till the end of the first trimester where it gains a heart and lungs. blah blah.

It's basically a rule by most doctors not to allow an abortion after the first trimester unless it's a danger to the mother.

Though you can be strict and say it isn't until after the first 12 days, as thats when the real pregnancy process begins before that it's more a less the embryo getting read to start.

Top Bottom