• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Um, I'll probably convince my mommy.
Though she recently gave me a car >_<.

Well, the main reason I want it is because its a great deal [isnt it?]
I DO have ABOUT 600 dollars in cash.

edit: my credit limit is 2000.
would it cost more than 1000 to get a good graphics card and ram and power supply?

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Um, I'll probably convince my mommy.
Though she recently gave me a car >_<.

Well, the main reason I want it is because its a great deal [isnt it?]
I DO have ABOUT 600 dollars in cash.

edit: my credit limit is 2000.
would it cost more than 1000 to get a good graphics card and ram and power supply?
Yeah it's a good deal. The processor is worth $200-250 and the monitor is worth about $350. Plus you get windows Vista, a case/PSU, mobo, ram, card reader, and keyboard/mouse.

If you don't know how or don't want to put together your own system then something like this is a good way to go.

It depends on what kind of video card you want to get that will determine the final cost. You could get a PSU for cheap:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023

and new ram for cheap:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034

as long as you're willing to do mail-in rebates.

A nice video card will be anywhere from $150-300 depending on the quality.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
and since its a quadcore, some people told me about making it a dualcore to make it run like 5x faster or something?

budai, talk to me on aim =[

_V_

Smash Ace
Budai!!! You seem to know a lot about computers...if I say, wanted to upgrade my RAM, and probably video card...ummm what specifics do I need to look for to make sure I make everything fit?

err and I don't know how to figure out my power supply wattage or what kind of mother board I have >.>

I kind of also wanted to buy a new case...because this dell one is huge and does not cool my computer well enough!

Dell Dimension XPS Series - Gen 4
Pentium 4 Processor w/ HT Tech Extreme Edition (3.73GHz, 1066 FSB)
Windows XP Professional
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon™ X850 XT PE

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Steve, you have pci express, so you need a pci express video card, how good are you looking for?

the type of ram you can use is simply DDR2 SDRAM

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
That's 3.73 GHz single-core, though that's about as high as single-cores go for regular use.

I would say the easiest/cheapest way to upgrade would be to get another stick of ram. If your mobo can support 667MHz ram then get 2GB of that.

It's going to be hard to upgrade much else without getting a bottleneck somewhere I'd say. You could probably upgrade your video card as well, but I you couldn't get a very powerful one without have your CPU as a bottleneck.

You could probably get some more ram and like a $50 video card and be set for another little while, but if you want to upgrade big-time you'll have to start from scratch.

_V_

Smash Ace
Oh sweet, so ram isn't too hard to replace...thanks Blue! I saw some had some other number sometime so I gots confuseddd.

I don't know what kind of graphics card I want. I'd need a new motherboard (and maybe a dual core processor?) if I wanted to upgrade to dual graphics cards, right?

Hell yeah EXTREME EDITION!!! :)

Over clocked to 3.73 lol...no wonder my computer started to implode after about a year >.>

My ram ain't compensating fo' anything yo!!!

Edit//Man I type slowly. So you think starting from scratch is the best option? Man a new processor is going to be beastly expensive.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
V- get the computer i'm getting
then we can give them names
and force them into an arranged marriage =]

actually, you should probably try to hustle your computer to a friend for a few hundred dollars
and get the really nice dell.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, I just kinda spazzed out on the controller until something happened, so I wasn't sure what it was. Thats actually exactly how I played melee.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
I just realized the day after ESTICLE is April the twentieth

<_<
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

khaly, before you go crazy spending money. is the money FREE? like, you can spend this with no regret or negative consequences whatsoever? a credit card is a REALLY big deal, and i think you're taking it too lightly. we can talk in detail at a later time. i am high/tired.

goodnight ct thread, DD add me on brawl NOOB =O

Khaly

Smash Cadet
well, i'm going to talk to my mother.
if she agrees, i'm going to go crazy =]

if not, i'll go to her rich boyfriend.
then he'll let me go crazy.

or i can rob a bank, and then go crazy. xP

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

khaly, before you go crazy spending money. is the money FREE? like, you can spend this with no regret or negative consequences whatsoever? a credit card is a REALLY big deal, and i think you're taking it too lightly. we can talk in detail at a later time. i am high/tired.

goodnight ct thread, DD add me on brawl NOOB =O
I did!
Add me!
-DD

Top Bottom