• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
slickdeals.net

anyway, I just got the bonus CD from Radiohead's In Rainbows (with all those weird tracks Spawn posted like 343552 pages ago) and it's pretty neat. If anyone wants it just gimme an IM.
Good ****, Paul. I like it... it soumds a lot different from the rest of their stuff on that cd. They'll probably end up growing on me the more I listen to them like everything else from Radiohead has.

Also, +1 for Turnip at Esticle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know you too well, but i would like to. and testicle sounds like just the place. :)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Happy birthday trademark!

Cogsmooch- Add me please.
656- Add me please. I'll add you sometime over the weekend.

I want more Brawl fc's because you guys aren't on too much. :(

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Wow Dillan, you have 56 MBPS too? How odd! There must be some other problem, because my Wifi connection is completely worthless at home.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Happy Birthday Bernie!

edit: 54 Mbps is most likely the max your wireless router can handle (this is a standard rate). Cable internet connections are generally 2 - 30 Mbps, depending on your level of service. If you have a 50-100 Mbps connection in your home (as opposed to at school) then I envy you.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Opps, sorry Dylan!

Budai, if thats true, than my connection must be really messed up. For instance, it takes minutes for most youtube videos to load, even if they are only a minute or two long, whereas it takes no time at all when I visit my friends house. Also, when I try to play Wifi at my house, I get booted as soon as I try to join a match. It allowed me to connect with a local RI player once, and it lagged so bad that it took almost a minute for the countdown to finish.

It's a mystery! I guess I better call Hughes, but I was on hold for over an hour last time I tried to call them lol.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Unknown, it does sound like your internet is messed up somehow if Youtube videos take so long to load. Does your computer get internet from a wired or wireless connection? If it's wireless, you could try connecting it directly to the router. If that doesn't work, try connecting your cable modem (or whatever internet connection you have) directly to your computer. If it works fine, then it's your router (or router settings) that are messed up. If it doesn't work properly then call your ISP.

When I say "work properly" I mean it should load Youtube videos fine. I suppose that's an alright reference point. This is assuming that the Youtube site is running normally and that you have a high-speed internet connection.

Edit: I don't actually know much about networking; this is just a general troubleshooting technique that has worked for me in the past to determine the cause of the connection problem. I'm also experiencing problems with my Wii's wireless connection when trying to play games online.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Happy birthday trademark!

Cogsmooch- Add me please.
656- Add me please. I'll add you sometime over the weekend.

I want more Brawl fc's because you guys aren't on too much. :(
I'm on all the time! Where are YOU?!
>.< Like right now, I have a room open, bored to tears.
=( Play me! I suck today! I know you'll win!
-DD

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Unknown, it does sound like your internet is messed up somehow if Youtube videos take so long to load. Does your computer get internet from a wired or wireless connection? If it's wireless, you could try connecting it directly to the router. If that doesn't work, try connecting your cable modem (or whatever internet connection you have) directly to your computer. If it works fine, then it's your router (or router settings) that are messed up. If it doesn't work properly then call your ISP.

When I say "work properly" I mean it should load Youtube videos fine. I suppose that's an alright reference point. This is assuming that the Youtube site is running normally and that you have a high-speed internet connection.

Edit: I don't actually know much about networking; this is just a general troubleshooting technique that has worked for me in the past to determine the cause of the connection problem. I'm also experiencing problems with my Wii's wireless connection when trying to play games online.
Hey thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll give Hughes a call, because it's still messed up even when I directly connect. I just hope they can actually fix the problem, heh.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Err I want this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145184

Xp prof isn't a 64bit OS though, is it? I read a review saying you need a 64 bit OS to run the full 4gb of RAM.

Edit// I want this too http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102732 :)

And is it easy moving everything into a new case?
I was going to mention that about the max amount of RAM in my earlier post, but I forgot. It is true that a 32-bit OS will only recognize 3-3.5 GB of RAM, while a 64-bit OS will be able to use up to 8 GB (I think?).

There are 64-bit version of XP Pro, you'll have to find out which version you have. Right-click on My Computer and go to Properties, it should tell you there.

You have to make sure your motherboard can support up to 800 MHz RAM, which is 2 steps above what you currently have. Try to figure out the model of your motherboard and look up the specs (open up the case and look for the brand/model number on the mobo itself). If it can support it, that RAM is a pretty good deal.

As far as the video card is concerned, that one is pretty high quality. It should work in your system since you already have PCI-E 16x video card in there. It would probably give you better performance if you replaced your processor as well. I almost wouldn't recommend such a nice/expensive video card unless the rest of your components are around the same level.

Replacing your video card/RAM is extremely easy to do, physically.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Soooo... hey there.

Yeah, I'm going to be in Connecticut for two years (mission, church thing, yes, I'm mormon). Once in awhile I do get a day off while in the field though, so as long as I'm not breaking any rules, I think I might smash once or twice (of course both me and the companion would have to be willing).

But, eh, even if I can't, what is the smash scene like here? Brawl, melee, whatever. I'm good for both ^^

Papito

Smash Journeyman
yo im mad drunk i just got home!
but i noticed spawn lives in tolland thats crazy cuz i know chicks that live out there thats straight woods man!
but alot of kids do coke out there, holla at me we could make money son.

also alot of haters out there if you stink at brawl you stink, melee is the bomb its the best but the new game, its cool but you cant compare the 2 its a whole diffrent thing either you play the new one or you dont, thats all. but if you play and u stink stop complaining cuz its only your own fault stop drinking haterade. im gonna play what everyone else is playin and if its brawl then **** it im gonna try my best.

i love everyone and i hope everybody kicks ***. yea!!!

edit: holy **** im wasted

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
He's the fat version of Mario, yet his moves remind me of Mr. G&W. Conclusion? Wario is the failed child of Mr. G&W and Mario.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
wb, let's play

also, put your siggy in
if you want it to show up.

welcome to the ct thread =D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
o.o M2k Dropped by for his weekly "GTFO MY AVVI" towards me.
Also, Alex, did you add my FC yet?
-DD

_V_

Smash Ace
I was going to mention that about the max amount of RAM in my earlier post, but I forgot. It is true that a 32-bit OS will only recognize 3-3.5 GB of RAM, while a 64-bit OS will be able to use up to 8 GB (I think?).

There are 64-bit version of XP Pro, you'll have to find out which version you have. Right-click on My Computer and go to Properties, it should tell you there.

You have to make sure your motherboard can support up to 800 MHz RAM, which is 2 steps above what you currently have. Try to figure out the model of your motherboard and look up the specs (open up the case and look for the brand/model number on the mobo itself). If it can support it, that RAM is a pretty good deal.

As far as the video card is concerned, that one is pretty high quality. It should work in your system since you already have PCI-E 16x video card in there. It would probably give you better performance if you replaced your processor as well. I almost wouldn't recommend such a nice/expensive video card unless the rest of your components are around the same level.

Replacing your video card/RAM is extremely easy to do, physically.
Thank you so much :) You are such a big help...I am going to assume I have 32-bit version of XP Prof. It doesn't say 64-bit in there anywhere...and it is from Dell.

Maybe I will just upgrade the RAM for now then...because I should upgrade everything else with the video card haha. Could I just use one stick of those 2gb ones? That way I can save the other for when I upgrade to higher bit OS...if my mobo allows it that is.

I am coming back to CT for a week today. I will be floating around since I have no house...I won't have my computer either :( So I will check out my mobo specs when I get back I guess haha.

Top Bottom