• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Brawl is fun.

Finally saw No Country for Old Men. Great movie.

I should probably play some of you people online. I'll get my fc tomorrow.... errrr, later today.

~omega~

Smash Apprentice
Whats up guys, Im gonna start playing/posting again for brawl. I plan on taking Brawl more serious than I did smash, but anyway me and Antioch are going to be holding a tournament in probably West Haven sometime soon (month or so) so ill keep you all updated.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
holy **** @ cort's link LOL i feel dumb , i even guessed the number of passes wrong. double fail LOL
I seriously thought it was a trick and refreshed the page to see if the bear was really there the first time cuz i swear it wasn't.... and it was..... >_>

edit: rofl @ people trying to school Chris in smash knowledge on that shoryuken board... >_<

_V_

Smash Ace
I get bored of Brawl within an hour of playing...even with items on and FFA's... :(

I still think teams is fun.

I need to play people that are good.

Edit//Getting a smash ball isn't like a special in MvC2...that gauge charges as you attack. The smash ball appear randomly in random places and one person gets it while the other person doesn't. It is not like when one person uses a special in MvC2 the other one's bar explodes or something >.>

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't mind items. I figure the logic behind smash balls is like a super special in mvc2
I don't know much about mvc2 but aren't the specials meter based? if the smashballs were like that it'd be so much better but the fact they spawn randomly sucks for competitiveness IMO but still fun.

Brookman

Smash Hero
similes are to metaphors as smash balls are to supers.

Now, the question is whether or not smash balls will add a level of strategy to the game. Does it remove skill or does it create a level of balance? Can't you randomly respawn with a smash ball?

Trade, what time, I'm feeling a lot better today

_V_

Smash Ace
Good thing is...you have to break them to get it and they move around...so if it randomly spawns next to you, you do not automatically get it.

In my opinion some moves are 93840923823 better than others...leading to a less balanced game. But I don't know. They aren't that bad.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I don't like smash balls in 1v1s. Some characters are simply better at getting the smash ball and some characters' FSs are completely avoidable while others are unstoppable.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
wow.... just wow at that statement...
que? I just forgot to check their site every day after hearing they were announcing games. I literally "did not notice that"

items are fun.

edit: I think the only things left to do on my challenges wall are classic/allstar/boss battles various difficulties/every character. this is gonna take forever

edit2: especially considering boss battles on intense is probably impossible, you can't just walk into it with a bunch of coins and continue every time you die...but I'll give it a shot.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Meh, I don't like smash balls in 1v1s. Some characters are simply better at getting the smash ball and some characters' FSs are completely avoidable while others are unstoppable.
You better take that into consideration when choosing a character then, and no johns.

Aesir

Smash Master
similes are to metaphors as smash balls are to supers.

Now, the question is whether or not smash balls will add a level of strategy to the game. Does it remove skill or does it create a level of balance? Can't you randomly respawn with a smash ball?

Trade, what time, I'm feeling a lot better today
It doesn't create balance at all, they spawn randomly giving any player a random advantage doesn't promote good competition to me.

If thats how you want to play smash then why don't we just play melee with items.

and you can get a pity smash if you're losing. you respawn with it.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
if items are on, controlling a larger portion of the stage becomes important (to insure you get the most items) meaning camping one spot of the stage won't do you very much good

we don't play melee with items because of exploding capsules/boxes that will spawn in your face during an attack.

come to think of it I haven't even really checked if Brawl could turn those off, I was playing friendlies where I didn't run into the explode in your face problem though.

Aesir

Smash Master
if items are on, controlling a larger portion of the stage becomes important (to insure you get the most items) meaning camping one spot of the stage won't do you very much good

we don't play melee with items because of exploding capsules/boxes that will spawn in your face during an attack.

come to think of it I haven't even really checked if Brawl could turn those off, I was playing friendlies where I didn't run into the explode in your face problem though.
THe thing is smash balls provide a random advantage that doesn't promote good competition, what good is controlling the match if a smash ball can ruin that hard work?

noodles

Smash Champion
brawl matches are long smash ball would help speed things up.plus u can still try avoid the final smash, or attacking your opponent before they use it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

exploding stuff is certainly not the only problem items have... healing items? stars? hammers?

Big stages prove a problem too in regards to smash balls. Last night I was playing wifi with a friend and we were on Shadow Moses and I was at the bottom of the stage and he was at the very top. A SB spawned right above him and by the time I got back to the top he had broken it.

Is that pity final smash thing true?? Specifics?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
In general I think items promote a different kind of competition altogether, since there's a different type of depth involved with using items than purely your character.

Items can be used in competitive play, competitive play would just adapt and change accordingly.

also, lololol fan infinites.

Aesir

Smash Master
Uhm no not every final smash is avoidable, in fact there are quite a few which are unavoidable.

Brawl matches are fast once you get a better feel of what you're doing, I usually have matches averaging about 3 minutes, maybe 4.

noodles

Smash Champion
there is still the option of knocking it out of the opponent and using the right character to help get the ball faster i guess.

EDIT: well i guess its very situational

Top Bottom