• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

JC76

Smash Cadet
yea...next week sounds good...

if you guys really want a Wii...dont count on EB/Gamestop...

go to best buy...thats where i got mine

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Hey, so I've been here for 5 years and never even ventured into this room. Nor have I ever been to a real tournament...but can I still be added to the list?

mugquomp - Roy - Simsbury, CT

Maybe this way I'll actually get out and play with people other than my dorm-mates more often.

_V_

Smash Ace
Ahhh!!! Simsbury!!! Who are you? Hahaha?!?

If you're in college you must be close to my age...weird.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out who you are. Yay, Facebook. This is Steve Manners by the way!

Pipe

Smash Cadet
Good stuff V and Blue. I can't wait to see all those vids of me losing. At least you get to see my Fox that has a lotta tech skill but is stupid. Well, I can't go to DM this weekend. I only got to do one thing this weekend of smash. V's was it and I'm happy I did that. I can probably go next weekend...except I don't know because I have a 4-6 page paper for English that I haven't started on due Tuesday. I'll try and make it next weekend.
4-6 pages is nothing, especially for an English course.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^^Yeah, I just don't know how long it will take considering I usually just get bored and go play games online/im people. Plus it's analyzing poems...and I suck at that.

Brookman

Smash Hero
First, I must say, good job to rep's ganon for beating nus' fox, lol, funny *** match. You should work on your falco a bit though, lol.

second, where are all the team matches =[

I was just thinking about how no one ever asks about anything related to actual gameplay here, it's just a whole lot of spam.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
lol, I suck. That's all shmink/rep did all day was retreating foward air and I just got hit everytime. My fox looks better than I thought though, looks... Falco killing shmink by laser video! That was my favorite moment, hopefully it's there. Or put on that brook vs cort one marth and falcon I think and yeah I didn't watch the actual team matches there so I'm interested in what everyone was laughing over.

Edit: Don't put my first two matches with jorge on if you have them... that would be really embarassing. >_>

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... my falco definitely needs some work. Though that was some nice chaingrabbing by Nus. And Nus, please don't say shmink/rep... that's putting our names too close together for my comfort. Fun games though.

Edit: The game that owns Mortal Kombat for fatalities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erKpPsJR7iQ

_V_

Smash Ace
The videos look good everyone! I can't wait to actually play you guys, haha.

Mike Brookman I totally ask you guys things in this forum/on AIM if I have questions:)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Too bad I can only go on the computer until 9:30 otherwise I'd wanna play some monopoly :(. Woohoo, I have 388 rep points. So close to 5 bars!

Cort

Apple Head
YEssssssss finally. I really hope you made the dual Falcons on Pokemon Stadium where I save Brookman with a knee. That was probably the best match in the universe.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
believe it or not, i might make it on jan 6th.
i think i can talk my sister into letting that week be my "college visit" week XDso i'd just go thursday, friday, and saturday, fly back sunday.
it's a good cop out to play smash, no?

Nite

Smash Champion
Where do you guys play monopoly on? The DC hub? I thought there were some people playing monopoly on the hub yesterday.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I haven't been posting very much lately, not sure why.

Steve I'll poop out some input on those matches tomorrow.

_V_

Smash Ace
Me too sir, haha.

That's why I hate videos...they are so embarrassing, but Spawn made us record :p

Thanks in advance for the advice Mike!

I bet it's going to be like: learn to edge guard and work on your tech skill :chuckle:

Brookman

Smash Hero
So, I didn't really sleep...I should go do that now. I play Monops all night. Zoso came on at like 5:30, then we played. We had a really ******** game, it was fun. I'll give more specific advice, but you, that stuff you said there is definitely something you should constantly be trying to improve. I kinda feel too tired to say anything spcific about the junks now, maybe about the fox ditto matches, cause I like those. My eyes are closed. Anyway.

It seems like you are dash dancing just for the sake of dash dancing, cause you always just do it for a few seconds and then just run at blue. You do the Mike Brookman style edge hop dair alot too, we should all stop doing that =[.

There are other instances where you are so se on hitting him that you just jump and attack. and jump and attack. and jump and attack. You're rolling/side stepping alot. At about 2:10 on the FoD match you edge hop dair and get F-smashed, and blue just sits there and lets you back on, how sweet =].

You should shine more. You either miss L-cancels or hold the shield to long quite often. You should shine pretty much after every ariel and wavedash out of the hine or jst short or full jump. If you are going to forward b, or pretty much any edge hopped attack off the edge it is best to do it ASAP so you retain the lik 20 frames or whatever of invincibility, so letting go, then wall jumping is kinda silly, and slow, and allows the other player more time to react and just tap a or whatever.

Speaking of reacting you aren't really paying much attention to what blue was doig, you were just kinda running at him and pressing buttons, and it worked cause blue has poopoo tech and doesn't know how to wavedash backwards and stuff

I just opened my eyes and it has been an hour almost, maybe just 30 minutes ish who cares... I lost conciousness at some point I guess...this chair isn't comfy... that's all for now, me go die

Cort

Apple Head
Woah, Brookman gives sound advice. It's great simple advice everyone should follow, really.

I just woke up and he went beddy byes hmm... I'm not really looking forward to work today.

_V_

Smash Ace
Mike you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing better would be sitting with you and Cort and watching the videos and having you guys point stuff out, but since that is impossible this is the next best thing.

I will work on all of you comments :)

Top Bottom