• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Woohoo for mugquomp taking my 5 bars! :) Thanks for getting the vids up so fast, V!

EDIT// Wow, I never realized that I was THAT slow at this game. I have to pick up the pace and stop shielding for so long when I lcancel and other things...

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Those videos are pretty cool, especially the dual fox ones. I think I might have to rub some of the rust off of my technique before playing you guys. Mario Kart has received most of my attention for the past year or so...

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Biweeklys in the future?
How far into the future?
If so, were?
Closest tourny im going to is jan 6, so if they start closer then awsome

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Well, I think a lotta people are going to DM this weekend. I don't know exactly what day/what time though. Sorries.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't know if we should do DM or manchester this weekend. What does everyone think?

I take that back, we don't have a choice but to go to Manchester. DM has open game night on friday (so there won't be many TVs available) and saturday they have a Halo tournament.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Okay, so Friday we go to Buckland again?...since DM= a no?

_milktea

Smash Lord
Long time since I've posted on this thread. Dude, PC taught me how to edge tech *happy*. Edge teched his Falcon's dair THREE TIMES and lived! WOOT. Okay, done bragging about my scrubbish learnings.

I sort of really want to go to IVESTICLE.

Also, I don't have a day off really until...Christmasish break. I'd be up for playing at Buckland but preferably earlier?

Brookman

Smash Hero
framing a pear.

Nus, in response to wanting brookman advice, stop side stepping, keep learning and practicing, you're doing great already.

I really don't care about the date, unless cort has to work, which I think he does this friday.

Biweeklys in the future?
How far into the future?
If so, were?
Closest tourny im going to is jan 6, so if they start closer then awsome
Good to see you posting chance. We're going to be running bi-weeklies starting this weekend (officially I hope) and they will be run at PC gaming arena in the buckland hills mall and at DM, we'll be switching locations for every other event so that the east and west coast players who can't go too far have equal oppertunity, so it's more like quad-weeklies I guess. Anyway, I'll spew some more Bs advice in a bit since I'm not tired anymore.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Bleh, learning and practicing are my only two weak points. Yeah I noticed I sidestep too much, probably from my earlier days and I can't get rid of it. I've been trying but its like a bad habit I can't stop.

Bleh I guess having everyone go on the same day is impossible. Cause Friday is my best bet and cort isn't going and nobody wants to go if cort isn't. >_> We'll have a mini meet Friday? I'll be there <6ish and play by myself. :laugh:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Don't worry Nus, if you go...the manchester kids will be there and most likely me and aiser'll be there too.

Brookman

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naYF-FK93Jc

spawn: I think that your fox could be pretty good if your brain wasn't backwards and upside down and unplugged. You spend most of the fight just trying to do stupuid flashy stuff like shdl, shdl shin shdl repeat, stupid shine spike edge guards etc.

Drill to grab.

Instead of wasting your time trying to be flashy and then just getting nair'd in the face you should maybe try mind gamesing him. I'm currently :36 seconds in...oops, 40 seconds and you just tried to shine spike when you could just uptilt and rip through his forward b. 5 seconds later and you do it again.

On that note, jake, learn how to recover a little bit better.

Jake just did the same recovery three times in a row and you just fell off the edge to shine spike him I guess. 1:00ish you up air him and go back to trying to look flashy, gg. 1:31, jake goes straight up and you are no where near him and you try to shine spike? Or maybe you were trying to shine shdl. So you killed him around 1:47 and then try to shine shdl, then he falls down and hits you.

For some reason you just shined then up+b'd...were you trying to shine shdl? Back air = your friend, spam that more instead of stupid shdl with the control stick that makes you up b. LOL you just walked right up to him and upsmashed, good ****. 3:39, another shine spike attempt when he isn't even remotely close, then the game ends.

In conclusion: don't play fox anymore

Nus, I don't really expect EVERYONE to be able to make it all the time, but no cort = poopoo

I hate matches that consist mainly of two characters running at eachother and them doing random attacks mindlessly till someone dies.

_V_

Smash Ace
Mike Brookman is the man for giving advice to us...YAY!

I will record more after I practice and try to see if you notice any progress.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
no, you missed a smashfest and a friendly get-together. I dont think a bi-weekly has taken place yet.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Do we have to pay to get into the DM at buckland hills?
edit:
I'm willing to play on friday if anyone's interested

I love lamp

Smash Apprentice
I am working this Friday from 3-9:30. I work Saturday from 9-2 though, we should play then at Manchester.
did you already give the guy a heads up at manchester? if not I will. what time are you planning this by the way. I just got back from wrecking my friends little brother..>.>;

I love lamp

Smash Apprentice
I love wrecking little brothers.
me too especially when they say I'm cheap :D

Anyway, anytime Saturday after like 4 or 5 should be great.
Sounds good to me, I get off work at 5. I'm sure he won't mind if people show up at 4 or something and play.

I'll bring my cube this time.

<_<

Cort

Apple Head
Okay so let's make this our official first Biweekly. I can setup a RR type tourny with no entrance fee or anything. Just have people take matches seriously.

I'll need a list of people definitly coming to help get setup, so post if you think you're definitly going to PC Gaming Arena at Manchester mall this Saturday after 4 PM!!

y2kbakura

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naYF-FK93Jc

In conclusion: don't play fox anymore

I hate matches that consist mainly of two characters running at eachother and them doing random attacks mindlessly till someone dies.

aww come on brook be nice:lick:
we all started somewhere with fox:laugh:

but anyways he's rigth spawn you need to be less flashy and more mindgame
oriented, when playing againts a falco its very important to know you options
for edgeguarding, if you have him over the edge dont let him come back:grin:
if you notice a falco has a tendency to foward-b to the stage expect it and intercep it
with something practical, sure shining him out of it looks cool but there are far better and easier options, but other than that keep training;)

blue its nice to sse you playing again, but falco?
i personnaly hate falco's, but if thats how you feel like playing then
go rigth ahead, when your playing as falco, always remember one thing
your in control, always, througth proper spacing,shl, and shine techiniques
i noticed that when you shined spawn you were having trouble following him
work on that, if a fox deost smash di the shine, falco get a bunch of easy comboes:urg:
and like brookman mentioned vary your recovery because if you dont a smart player will easily punish you, and falco hates being punished:chuckle:

so work on those comboes cause i want to MM in VLS2 arilgth
peace

Brookman

Smash Hero
but anyways he's rigth spawn you need to be less flashy and more mindgame
oriented,
shut up.

when playing againts a falco its very important to know you options
for edgeguarding, if you have him over the edge dont let him come back:grin:
if you notice a falco has a tendency to foward-b to the stage expect it and intercep it
with something practical, sure shining him out of it looks cool but there are far better and easier options, but other than that keep training;)
When you expect something normally you get caught off guard, it's best to just react quickly and accordingly. Your advice is so generic! stop

if a fox deost smash di the shine, falco get a bunch of easy comboes:urg:

SMASH DI DOES NOT HELP YOU THAT MUCH SILLY, REGULAR DI THE SHINE SMASH DI THE DAIR AWAY FROM FALCO

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
So it'll just be me spawn and aiser? It's ok, my friend wanted some vids of himself so he could see. I also need more vids to get advice from people I don't know. Well at least I'm gaming with brook/cort/jorge/etc on gaming night at ccsu maybe? I figure jorge has a class at around 7-8 and since he lives so close to brookman, he can just go drop him off. Alex can go pick up cort real quick and then I don't have to do anything. :laugh: Get cars/licenses nubes.

Edit: Why does nobody like y2kbakura. o.O Or is it just brookman?

Cort

Apple Head
Woah, can't wait to play you again Harb. You're really fun to play.

My friend Jake is coming to the anime night thing this Thursday at CCSU, and also to our Biweekly this Saturday. Better watch out. :)

Also for V, change the Jake from New Britain's AIM to MallSanta07. He forgot the password to his old one, lol.

I can't wait for teams friendlies this Thursday/Saturday.

Top Bottom