• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Who's going to HoG on Saturday? I might actually be able to go. I still probably won't enter though, unless someone needs a teammate at the last minute or something.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Who's going to HoG on Saturday? I might actually be able to go. I still probably won't enter though, unless someone needs a teammate at the last minute or something.
I'll be there bro!
:D
-DD

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Hab just listed some of my favorite music ever in that one post.

God amonst men is what that guy is.

PS... Will Smith *****

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Hab just listed some of my favorite music ever in that one post.

God amonst men is what that guy is.
When I update my sig image, that's gonna be slide #6. Well played, sir.

Two bits of news:

1) ****: http://gamerant.com/portable-gamecube-ccube-dom-75988/#more-75988
Someone get me one of these immediately when they're available after you get one for yourselves, Melee heads.

2) For those of you who don't know, Pendulum recently sold the last good tune they ever made (that was as of yet unreleased) as a donation effort for relief after the Japanese catastrophe: http://www.pendulum.com/news,download-ransom-now_182.htm

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Juno and Dwight team up to fight Balto to get Arwen back? Sounds awesome.

-DD
Rainn Wilson recently said he thought it came out really well, because it's a superhero movie without the superheroes. However, everyone I know who say previews of it said essentially the same thing: "surprisingly unappealing".

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Let me know how it is, I think I'm gonna skip it and watch Hanna maybe.
Wife-bot's review: "Pretty funny, ********, raunchy comedy. Only there's too many penises. Actually, it's not really how many penises there are, but how they're used. Also, it's the most beautiful I've ever seen Natalie Portman look. Also also, there's a scene with a bunch of naked girls."
Me: "Does Zooey get naked?"
Her: "Not really..."
Me: "So KINDA??"
Her: "Well....revealing outfits. Let's put it that way."

Hanna's supposed to be great, btw.

Not surprised :c

Probably seeing tonight. Not sure if it's going to bring anything new, but I'm kind of excited.

Octave

Smash Ace
If you're a nerd you would love MC Paul Barman. That dude is the biggest English language nerd but he's still quite the ill rapper. I wouldn't classify him as nerdcore, though, since that goes to guys like MegaRan and YTCracker.

Also, Thomas, check out Edan's "Primitive Plus" album. He goes hard and has great syllabic timing with his lyrics.

Also, copied from a post I made in the ROB Social:

If you're a math/science nerd, listen to MC Paul Barman.
If you're flirting with the sound of rap and like the soulful stuff, listen to People Under The Stairs.
If you love wordplay and ingenious lyrics, listen to Edan or Souls of Mischief.
If you love artists who go mad hard all the time, listen to Pharaoh Monch or Big L.
If you're a Video Game nerd, listen to Futuristic Sex Robotz or Turbo (T Double).
If you dug that Gorillaz track 'Clint Eastwood', listen to the rest of the stuff by the rapper, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien.
If you think females can't rap, listen to Psalm One.
Hell, even if you're into emo music, listen to Atmosphere.
And if you don't even like the thought of rap but have a sense of humor in the slightest, listen to 2 Skinnee J's.

Do just one of those and come back and tell me that rap sucks. Then I'll listen to you.

EDIT: Completely unrelated DNB note, this is already the tune of 2011 for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbqc4G3Olv4&fmt=37

This is me when the bassline kicks in:

EDIT EDIT: If you come to CCSU on Friday, Thomas, I have those cards for you.
Been meaning to respond to this but I'll edit in my thoughts in a few days to this post.

For now I'll just say I more or less loved what I heard from every artist.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I think I'm actually going to Newington to participate in the new EDH league. You know, since it seems like nobody is interested in going to CCSU.

Also: Gattaca is on. Holy turds what an amazing film.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
x___x This week is going to be killer.

CT Thread, what are some cool female archers from various forms of media? I'm trying to come up with a good model/skin I can make for Ashe [in LoL]. Maybe one of the bunny ladies from FFXII?

-DD

Top Bottom