• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Sadly I haven't. I'm a fan of Mike Nichols so I should get on that. I've seen Closer more times than I'd like to admit and I finally got around to seeing The Graduate a few months ago and it was as amazing as I'd heard it was.

Plastics
Virginia Woolf makes Closer look like a ****ing episode of Barney & Friends (I just dated myself)

This song ***** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Captain America looks pretty silly, but in an enjoyable way maybe. I sure hope so anyway.

In other news Sucker Punch has a 23% on RT rofl debating whether to see it for 'so bad it's good' value.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
More like "So hot it is girls fighting [Insert anything here] with [Insert anything here]."

Man, all I know is I wanna just take that lead girl and [insert anything here].
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Man, when you look at that trailer you just know you're getting a bad movie, but you're hoping for at least an entertaining one. The reviews are making it look like it just is an awful experience all around. But why not, I haven't seen a horrible movie in theaters for quite a while now. Time to throw away some more hours of my life

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Sucker Punch has filled me with a massive urge to become a raging alcoholic. It has been a very long time since I've been this depressed after seeing a movie. I'm really contemplating alcohol poisoning to forget the whole mess

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Sucker Punch has filled me with a massive urge to become a raging alcoholic. It has been a very long time since I've been this depressed after seeing a movie. I'm really contemplating alcohol poisoning to forget the whole mess
lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo

Get ***** by fanservice, Seb.

Smooth Criminal

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Dude I feel so bad right now. I die a little every time I go out of my way to see something like that. I can't even put into words what I'm feeling right now. It's like the exact opposite of what I felt when I saw The Godfather. Why do I even go to the movies anymore ****ing Zack Snyder that no talent prick is going to ruin my childhood with slo mo Superman. Sigh. The best thing Chris Nolan could do as producer would be to kill him and take his place.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think I'll enjoy it if I pirate it.
Something about paying for bad things just rubs me the wrong way.
-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
Dude I feel so bad right now. I die a little every time I go out of my way to see something like that. I can't even put into words what I'm feeling right now. It's like the exact opposite of what I felt when I saw The Godfather. Why do I even go to the movies anymore ****ing Zack Snyder that no talent prick is going to ruin my childhood with slo mo Superman. Sigh. The best thing Chris Nolan could do as producer would be to kill him and take his place.
Aesthetically pleasing movie is aesthetically pleasing.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
i feel you son. i left the movies thinking to my self "what the **** just happened"

i mean i have my own interpretation of the movie, but i'd like to see what other people have to say.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
lolwut?

Also I need a GC controller, but obv new ones are not at game stop anymore. Any suggestions on where to buy? Thanks guyz.

Also sup.
*let me google that for you link*

Bernard...

Being a film snob and looking at movies from complex views with high expectations is like going black.

You just... it's impossible to go back.
****. tempted to quote.

Chris Nolan probably hired Snyder for Superman, watched Sucker Punch and went: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4fbox_ive-made-a-huge-mistake_fun

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Aesthetically pleasing movie is aesthetically pleasing.
it fails on that level too

i feel you son. i left the movies thinking to my self "what the **** just happened"

i mean i have my own interpretation of the movie, but i'd like to see what other people have to say.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I saw it with 3 other friends and we all were constantly going, "Huh? What? Why? How?", for a lot of it. We just stopped caring after a while though. I saw that **** in IMAX goddammit, what a waste. People were LAUGHING during the "dramatic" scenes. They didn't even laugh during the "funny" scenes (if you can even call them that), they laughed at the pathetic attempts to be emotional. A packed theater and everyone's laughing when the main characters start dying gg zack snyder I hope they find your body in a ditch in Mexico before you finally discredit your name entirely with Superman.

This is also the first time in a while I've felt more depressed than angry from seeing a movie so bad. I just kept thinking about what better things I could have done with my time, and why the actresses and studio agreed to make this and how snyder could possibly be so devoid of originality that he thinks everything being in slo mo makes it great. I forgot to even mention that, I was right, the entire movie is in slo mo ROFL

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
http://www.theawl.com/2011/03/arms-so-freezy-rebecca-blacks-friday-as-radical-text
Only Rebecca Black is not cruising. She is manifestly standing still, with not even a wind machine to help sell the con. This, the viewer cringingly notes, is not freedom but freedom’s cheap simulation, not the speeding liberty of earlier generations but a gross, benumbed mockery of it—the individual has collapsed, and language with him.

“The crying tires, the busting glass, the painful scream that I heard last…” sang J. Wilson and the Cavaliers, when pop still admitted technology's collusion with death. But that time is gone. For Rebecca Black there is only graphic effect, materialist schizobabble, “I got this, You got this…” she sings over and again, citizen as gaping appetite, grammarless and hungry.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Dude. Steam Powered Zombie Nazi's and Orcs in castles with a dragon room mate.

If you don't find either of these two things awesome, that's sad =[
Who said I didn't find either of those awesome? You'd think it'd be impossible to **** something like that up, but where there's a will there's a way. And Snyder wanted to ruin as much as he possibly could. The execution is among the most godawful in history, did you watch the movie yet? HOW did he ruin short skirt chicks fighting samurai robots with mini guns? Well he put the entire thing in slo mo for starters. And then he dragged it on so it became repetitive and boring as all hell. I wanted to like it, I really did. But instead I just sat there thinking how depressing it was that I went out of my way to see it in theaters. Got no one to blame but myself though, that 20% on RT was plenty warning for me and I should have listened like I usually do. It's just sad when the guy who made this is going to be responsible for Superman :(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
A packed theater and everyone's laughing when the main characters start dying gg zack snyder I hope they find your body in a ditch in Mexico before you finally discredit your name entirely with Superman.
See, now I'm wondering who is going to see Superman at this point. I imagine the mindset of the people who attend will be similar to people who slow down on the highway to see if someone died in that flaming wreckage on the side of the road.

LOL.

-DD

Top Bottom