• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
I play pick up games at home with a bunch of kids that graduated from my highschool and then I'll occasionally go to a league meet up in Saratoga but they're not really that good.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
for dave and co. who have still never had sonic. i feel so bad for you. breakfast toaster with cheese tots and a cherry limeade chiller (vanilla ice cream, real limes, and cherry flavoring...so good).
my god, may every dinner be so good.

also a friend of mine from highschool goes to college at amherst based solely on the fact that he liked their ultimate frisbee team. ridiculous.
I went to WPI solely because Evan was such a good host that weekend I went to visit.

Get at me.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
Frisbee is like the only thing I do besides basketball. (I play both for fun, after school with friends @ my school depending on the day)

It's pretty legit but now that the seniors left there isn't anyone good . . . including myself. It's still fun but now we don't even do games we just pass it casually. Nonetheless still better than sitting inside waiting for my ride but it's gotten uninteresting over time.

While playing basketball with my *****ss who run the gym is ridiculously fun now . . . even when you only score like three points for the team out of twenty one >_>. Getting that "Nice block" or something is pretty nice. (****, might need to take a summer class [from 9-10] to get my GPA up to a 2.9/3.0. Ruins a lot of plans and means my summer job plans are more confined)

but yeah. long post is done. basketball and frisbee are my only interests in sports nowadays. middle school I played baseball in a league and was pitcher. was pretty good. chances are I'm gonna spend a lot of time running since I'm joining track junior year. ~~~

Cort

Apple Head
Grum.
Is.
So.
****ing.
Awesome.

:O Get a job at a call center! They're so much fun with the right superiors.

My boss is an MMA fan, and hes like, always goofing off.
The downside is you sit there getting yelled at by idiots who call up about their own mistakes and blame you.

-DD
What kind of call center?

Cort

Apple Head
LOL yeah Big Y sucks, but i'd kill to work with Rob Miller compared to my boss @___@
I always work frozen with an alcoholic that never does anything but sit in the back room and complain about other people not meeting 'quotas' and blocking everything 100% perfectly

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What kind of call center?
Customer Service! Woo!

You just get trained on the general script that you need to read off, what to do, and what quotas you need to keep up to for times and efficiency.

They're usually pretty lax about a lot of things like dress code and stuff too, because no one has to actually see you. If you can find a job at one I'd take it, they're more like a game than work.

Its a game where people yell at you and you need to make them as happy as possible, but a game none-the-less.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
LOL omg that'd be awful [the first suggestion]

When I first saw Shaun of the Dead, it was on Giant Television [not A giant television...this is beyond that. It is simply Giant Television] at a friend's house with a movie theatre sound system [they actually WERE ****ing loaded]...when that scene happened my friend and I started flailing our arms and clawing at each other and screaming like little girls...we were so engrossed in the film that when it happened it's not that it was surprising, but shocking? In the complete sense of the word: yes. Definitely shocking. I'd probably just cover her eyes when it happens LOL

The beauty of Shaun is that it doesn't "try" to be a comedy. It's a zombie movie with well developed characters that you, as Cog mentioned, become invested in and it just happens to be ****ing HILARIOUS...but because it doesn't try too hard to be a comedy, you can really appreciate the drama when you're given it.
LOLLL too good.

Thanks for the input, peoples...

Haze: I've never seen Phonebooth >_>
lol @ Giant Television. Someday when we own a house we really want a really nice theater room. That would be so ****. Of course we also want a 2 story library too...

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
also, anyone else play Ultimate frisbee?
I play ultimate! Looks like there are a good amount of people here who plays. I live in Stratford and would be willing to drive maybe 30 mins or so for a decent game. I'm out of shape though sdl;fjal;kdfjl;asdj. AIM me at GameWiz442.

I went to WPI solely because Evan was such a good host that weekend I went to visit.

Get at me.
-DD
Hah, glad I allowed my school to make a good impression on you. Next school year I'll have to go visit you so you can be a good host.

It's Spiked_Vicious
lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I love me some - PINEAPPLES!

BANG BANG BANG, BANG BANG BANG, BANG BANG BANG

SHORYUKEN

Deadpool is the best anything ever
I agree with everything posted here.

Hah, glad I allowed my school to make a good impression on you. Next school year I'll have to go visit you so you can be a good host.
:3 I'm a ****ing awesome host.

nick how do you like WPI?
I love WPI! They're kinda confusing at first, but everything I've studied so far there has been either with a really cool teacher or a really cool subject matter. They're all about how they're so awesome or tough or something, and maybe its just me, but I don't find it too tough, just time consuming.

Also, we're MA's smash central now.

Because [Yedi and] I is[are] awesome host.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Cort I have faith that the gameplay is close enough that it can still be played at a competitive level, just probably won't be as popular a cornerstone of the fighting world as MvC2.

Then again, I had faith in Brawl, and look how that turned out...

Top Bottom