• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Good stuff going back to old avatar Aesir. Keepiiinnnn it real and ****.

If anyone wants to play Melee tonight, call my cell before 8:00

Does anyone in Ct have any plans for Pound yet? WTF? I want to go but i am not going to go by myself.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
algeria wins their pool callin it

edit: i work tonight no smash for me and i am most likely flying to pound 4 now unless some starts a carpool which I would recommended. Dun think i will be getting a car b4 the date and if I do it'll be extremely cutting it close.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Good stuff going back to old avatar Aesir. Keepiiinnnn it real and ****.

If anyone wants to play Melee tonight, call my cell before 8:00

Does anyone in Ct have any plans for Pound yet? WTF? I want to go but i am not going to go by myself.
stephen wants to go.

@ swift: You should search for a car in the town/general area of pound, fly down and then drive back.

www.autotrader.com

good luck

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
mike, i wanna go, but garrett wants to fly there and i don't have money like that

-stephen
I might do that now. I need to make my plans soon. If you dont think you will have around $300.00-$400.00 for this trip than you probably shouldnt go dude. It will be expensive.

Jam-cant wait to see ya on the 13th. Been foreeeevverrrrr. Remember when I used to come over a lot? Good ol days.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
"No... No..."

"Son of a Biitch!"

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

*Goodbye, Curly Bill.*

Random dude seeing Bill's body in the river: "Jesus Christ!"

*Kurt Russell proceeds to **** Cowboys in a movie that is not Brokeback Mountain*

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LMFAO

I have most of that movie memorized after seeing it over 15 times for some reason haha

I still maintain that Kurt Russell's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yell produces the biggest unintentional laugh in you'll ever have in any movie.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Or just find cheaper transportation
Meals each day X3 (amount of days the tournament is) 60 dollars roughly. Ya figure you spend at bare minimum twenty a day and to be safe...lets round that up to 70.

Transportation-Lets safely say that between cabs, rides/gas money you lend others.....you spend around 80 dollars? That seem fair? 80 + 70 = 150.00 (not including the tournament entrees)

Now lets say you enter two events (Brawl Singles and Melee Singles) 25 a pop plus venue fee. That's about 70 dollars. Don't forget that signing up is as expensive as possible now.

You're looking at bare minimum $300.00 for this trip to be safe. Rounding up is always the best choice of option when dealing with spending money, especially when traveling OOS without your own car.

On top of that...you need to talk to OOSers about housing, call and reserve a room at a hotel, etc.

It's not as easy as lets all get a bus and head to pound 4. :ohwell:

trademark0013

Smash Champion
This is a section from smogon.com. Its for pokemon but can apply to smash. I think milktea was asking about it a page or so ago:

A lot of players are great when they are winning. However, a good amount of notable players simply cannot take a loss well. They lose to some random in a haxy battle, instantly lose their composure, and end up going on tilt. Tilt is a colloquial term for losing mental function. It is often used in the world of poker to explain why this professional is playing worse than the amateurs he's supposed to be beating. Symptoms of tilt include overly apparent frustration, lack of patience, and subconcious unwillingness to play well. To players near the top of the leaderboard, tilt is their biggest threat, a 1700 CRE player can suddenly find themselves out 50 points if they can't recognize that they went on tilt. The best way to deal with tilt is to stop playing. A big asset for a good player is sensing when they're on tilt. Once one realizes this, ceasing to play, and taking a break will immensely help their laddering experience. However, tilt is not the only way a player can defeat himself. Simply laddering for too long a session is just as bad as going on tilt. After playing for a certain amount of time, mental function declines without the player becoming aware. Some players like imperfectluck are fine playing for 12 hours without stopping. Others, like yours truly, find that they do not play as well after 4 hours of straight laddering. The best thing to do is know one's personal durational limits. By finding out how long you can go before your playing declines, you will make the most of your laddering time, and find your CRE to be higher than it would otherwise be if you played beyond your limits.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I highly dislike that guy. :( Clothed women are not allowed on smashboards.
Ergo...naked should be acceptable!

Maybe he closed it because she was ONLY topless, and hes more of a vag guy.
-DD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
that guy has hit with me with some stupid infractions....I mean aside from closing both the ScarJo and Olivia Munn appreciation threads...I made reference to prescription drugs that I use for having ADHD and I got 3 points whereas people [myself included] post in the same tourney threads about blazing and nothing happens. I also got a bunch of infractions for giving the kids in the ROB social thread ambiguous-enough sex advice LOL [well I deserved that one but yeah XD]

noodles

Smash Champion
Grey Hound Round Trip= 76
Melee singles plus dubs= 55
Food for weekend=60
hotel (with 5 people)=54 for three nights

245$

food prob gonna be cheaper for me too since its gonna be like free continental breakfast/two chipotle burritos each day.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
just let estimates be estimates...

10defendingPOFs

Also, trademark: thanks for that post from the pokeboards. Sometimes that will happen to me, too. I've dropped way too many sets to people I shouldn't have because of it.

A related problem I have is actually mid-match, and usually against someone better than me.

I'll be playing really well and investing a lot of energy in focusing, staying patient, goin by the book like I should for a given situation, etc...I'll even be up 2 [sometimes 3] stocks!

But the second I lose that first stock?

Ugh...it's like the wind gets completely taken out of my sails, and I'm shook. And then invariably I lose :(

It's been happening less and less lately, so for people who are far more experienced than I am in the tourney scene, is that just something that everyone goes through for a period of time? And they just gotta keep competing a lot and it'll gradually fade?

noodles

Smash Champion
Its good to have that extra 50 on you in case of random happenings. Doesn't mean it'd be spent though.

Cort

Apple Head
biking to pound 4 = 0$
not entering anything and playing a lot of friendlies = 0$
sleeping on the floor of the venue = 0$

0$

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Grey Hound Round Trip= 76
Melee singles plus dubs= 55
Food for weekend=60
hotel (with 5 people)=54 for three nights

245$

food prob gonna be cheaper for me too since its gonna be like free continental breakfast/two chipotle burritos each day.
DJ nintendo was telling me about some bus company in NY called like Chinatown Express or some **** like that and a roundtrip to pound was like $35 LOL

noodles

Smash Champion
biking to pound 4 = 0$
not entering anything and playing a lot of friendlies = 0$
sleeping on the floor of the venue = 0$

0$
10$ spectator fee and venue closes at 11 i think. Sooo change that to outside and your golden if you ignore the starving thing.
DJ nintendo was telling me about some bus company in NY called like Chinatown Express or some **** like that and a roundtrip to pound was like $35 LOL
That sounds pretty good too.

Top Bottom