• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

noodles

Smash Champion
I fought/beat magus when i stopped playing the emulator. Ill try finishing it once a beat a few other games that i started in the past few years.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
FF Tactics had the best story of all time. Too bad it had some messed up stuff like how it forces you to use only 4-5 characters otherwise you will fail without overtraining. Or like how all of your characters are unnecessary after you get the ThunderGod.
I don't really see the 4-5 characters thing as a problem, considering how diverse the classes are. Although, I like games where characters outside your main party still receive experience. <3 ToS.

Also, mathskilling wizard absolutely ***** the shit out of everything.

How can you listen to 4 seconds of that song and not want to listen to the whole thing every time your phone rings? lol
I only really like video game music as it relates to games.

Anyway, my old ringtone was the motif from Shine On You Crazy Diamond and I never had that problem, which is saying a lot because I practically had an orgasm the first time I listened to that song.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Re: Cogwai: sorry Cog, Scar's being a flaky **** about this weekend and as such, I don't know who's gonna be in my car and in need of a teammate. Right now, there's a 60% chance of Cogwai happening, as Scar is leaning towards being an idiot and traveling to Florida this weekend instead of going to tournies less than 5172983473892 hours away, in which case I think I'll only have Eggm and Swift in my car and they will be teaming together = Mogwai has no teammate.
yeah im going to florida and teaming with shiz

get ***** mogwai

even tho you're prob better than him

DA SHIA WIA

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
shiii
i really want to go to gigs

but my parents are super jesus canceling me
crap

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Does anyone know a decent amout about networking?

Specifically bridging, access points, and wireless extenders?

SleepyK

Your fingertips Moving gently to my heart
The force of Life goes on and on
The song remains
Like a haunting melody
Of angel music held in chains

SleepyK

COLD FIRE CLENCHED TO MY HEART
IN THE BLUE OF NIGHT
TORN BY THIS PAIN
I PAINT YOUR NAME
IN SOOOOOUNND
AND THE GIRL AT THE DAWN
WITH EYES OF BLUE
AND AAANGELLL WIIIINGS
THE SONGS OF THE SEASON ARE
HER ONLY CROWN

caps

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
MarthIsMyHero-

I'll play you whenever. PM me when you are usually free.

Dave-I saw that too "Kafka" but forgot to point it out. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jyK3j0rqAk

Super Street Fighter IV trailer

Why isn't it out yet ;_;

The fact that that is not DLC sickens me to no end. Way to just say " F U fans, we are going to make you pay 40-60 dollars for something that should cost at max 15."

Dee Jay and T Hawk in it will be amazing and I'm sure they will add Rolento, Charlie, and Birdie but it does not make me want to go out and purchase it. It's such a scam. It's like what Guitar Hero does. "Hey, we have liek 40-50 songs on disc but here....go pay ten dollars to download other track packs."

There are certain games like Madden, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Resistance: Fall of man, and many others that either have the content be free or a small price depending on what you're getting.

SleepyK

lol come on pof, you're not so young a gamer that you don't remember 10000 versions of SF2 and SF3.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Resistance 2 was amazing.

Also, in SSF4 they're adding DUDLEY and MAKOTO. **** YEAH.

Also they're adding Ibuki... For some reason.

Among 5 other characters returning from old games and probably quite a few newcomers.

Don't know what they'll do to the other characters/the overall gameplay.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Dave I'm going to make you play Uncharted, and then Uncharted 2 when it comes out this coming month.

shiii
i really want to go to gigs

but my parents are super jesus canceling me
crap
You Koreans with your Jesus. Why can't you be more like us godless Chinese? :)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
any good place to check up on what games are played competitively with large communities? i'm prolly gonna invest in a ps3 and need something to try and get good at
SRK has a lot of random threads for fringe games floating around.

What did you have in mind?

trademark0013

Smash Champion
SRK has a lot of random threads for fringe games floating around.

What did you have in mind?
somethin that had the same process as smash and actually feels like ur in a community. altho with online gaming so prevalent, i have a feeling its gonna be hard to find that :(

id rather play a fighter or fps, but fps communities are terrible, at least the halo one is. plus it takes work to get a team together and all that
trade gettin dat triple?
contemplating. nothin else i really want in terms of materialistic possessions. i dont even really want a game system really, but its a thought

ZoSo

Smash Champion
FPS games are way better in terms of the quality of netplay which makes them a lot easier to get into, but I agree that playing face-to-face is way better.

I think you'll find Smash is fairly unique as fighters go. The new TMNT fighter is fun as hell, but from my experience with it so far, it seems broken as ****.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
lol come on pof, you're not so young a gamer that you don't remember 10000 versions of SF2 and SF3.
True, but everything was not digital 10+ years ago. Believe me, i've been playing SF since Street Fighter II hit the arcade with the opening of the two random guys fighting on the streets and the scroll to the top of the building....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDPYRCMgEJ0

Also, in SSF4 they're adding DUDLEY and MAKOTO. **** YEAH.

Also they're adding Ibuki... For some reason.

Among 5 other characters returning from old games and probably quite a few newcomers.

Don't know what they'll do to the other characters/the overall gameplay.
They are supposed to dub it down basically and probably make Sagat and Ryu less stupid? Sagat is so beyond broken its not even funny. I like the idea of Dudley....I'm hoping for Rolento and Charlie.

any good place to check up on what games are played competitively with large communities? i'm prolly gonna invest in a ps3 and need something to try and get good at
Blaz Blue, SF IV, Guilty Gerar, (PS2) Marvel VS Capcom II, SF Third Strike, Madden. I also recommend getting SF Classic Collection used so we can play SF Third strike so SOMEONE in CT could play me. :dizzy:

None of my friends play Madden or SF Third Strike.....and it makes me sad.

Has anyone played turtles in time on the xbox or ps3 yet? It is really really bad. A horrible remake imo. it feels horrible.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I heard the Turtles in Time remake is good from somebody who loved the original, but it's based on the arcade version.

I like Third Strike, but you'll probably hate it once you play somebody good.

I keep hearing about how good Sagat is... but he never wins. At any rate, he definitely isn't "broken" and he definitely isn't as good as Chun in 3S.

SleepyK

remember, chronologically sf4 is before sf3.
sf3 wasn't supposed to have any of the original characters.

the purpose of having it on a disk is to extend their market to people who can't purchase things online. the game's been changed a little bit so idk if a dlc would even be enough.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
True, but everything was not digital 10+ years ago. Believe me, i've been playing SF since Street Fighter II hit the arcade with the opening of the two random guys fighting on the streets and the scroll to the top of the building....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDPYRCMgEJ0

None of my friends play Madden or SF Third Strike.....and it makes me sad.
My friend, (Kandoken on SWF) always points out how the white guy punches out the black guy in that opening.

I will play you in third strike. We still have to do our gauntlet money match.

I feel I need to take time to ***** about work to someone and Mogwai isn't online, so I will ***** to CT.

I code software. We are in the process of upgrading one of our flagship products from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5. Which basically means we have to start from scratch. Since we have products that have to be translated we can't use literal values for labels and titles and stuff (Meaning we can't code any text right on the page). Instead we have place holders for text that reference a value in a table in our database. Basically we keep all the text in one place so all we have to do is swap a database table if we want our software to change languages. It works like calling Get("LABEL_GOOD"); will return "Good" in English and "Bueno" in Spanish Anyway, we are behind on the project schedule and we are grinding out the last chunks of functionality. There are still major parts of the software that aren't ready and my boss thinks it is a high priority item that we standardize the names of those placeholders. This means in stead of using "LABEL_GOOD" . I have to do something like "LABEL_SPECIFIC_PAGE_GOOD". Like I understand how that is better for maintenance, but we we are behind schedule, **** like that should be the last thing you do.

/Rant

EDIT: Woot shirt made me laugh today. Not gonna buy it though.

vintage

Smash Cadet
Vintage isnt going for brawl day >_<.
Sorry, but brawl sucks.

Re: Cogwai: sorry Cog, Scar's being a flaky **** about this weekend and as such, I don't know who's gonna be in my car and in need of a teammate. Right now, there's a 60% chance of Cogwai happening, as Scar is leaning towards being an idiot and traveling to Florida this weekend instead of going to tournies less than 5172983473892 hours away, in which case I think I'll only have Eggm and Swift in my car and they will be teaming together = Mogwai has no teammate.
Does that mean Swift is coming with you to MM? Last time I talked to him he wanted me to pick him up on Sunday. If he's going with you I have one more spot in my car...

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Pakman-Are you going to my tourney? We can do it at my place after the tourney. I'm not bringing my ps3 and third strike. lol

I only really play Ken, Akuma, and Ryu.

Dudleys fun too.

Ryu is pretty broken too Dave. His Hadouken has maybe a frame or 2 more lag than Sagats tiger shot. His shoryukens combo into his super and ultra, his damage output is amazing, and hes by far the second best camper in the game.

I also personally think Ken is underrated in SF IV. I dont think hes top tier material but hes definitely not mid tier. I'd put him as 8th-10th best. Right now hes twelfth.

Also, WTF at Balrog being second best in SF Turbo HD remix????

Top Bottom