• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah um... what Joey said.

Also enjoy your mind being ****ed by LSD while you're asleep
aka weird dreams

Also for serious like, I'd recommend checking out student groups that you're interested in or even starting one... or just going to the union/lounge/whatever more and trying to meet people

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I was saying you should go for it.

That way I can be like, yeah I totally no the dude that's smashing T Swift.
My Godfather's son hangs out with Taylor Swift all the time (found that out recently).

._.;; The semi-******** kid just had a mental breakdown in the middle of class behind me. I'm kinda scared T.T;;

Yea...he's hissing...and squealing...and wow. ._.;;

-DD
I had to be partners on a project with a semi-******** kid once in school (might have been autistic or bad social anxiety, not sure) and it wasn't very fun. I ended up doing most of the work.

Holy crap. I'm probably not going to SPAWNS tournament now...... I'm having a party next weekend. lol.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239840&page=8
I'm going to a party in Boston on the 19th but I'm going to the tournament. No johns.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Careful with that...
._. I know, I checked with the doc.

Yeah um... what Joey said.

Also enjoy your mind being ****ed by LSD while you're asleep
aka weird dreams

Also for serious like, I'd recommend checking out student groups that you're interested in or even starting one... or just going to the union/lounge/whatever more and trying to meet people
XD Well, I'm waiting for the good club I joined to start meeting.
Otherwise wtf? I'm not on LSD. And it wouldn't hurt to have dreams...at least ones I remember. >_>;
As far as I'm aware, I don't dream.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
._. I know, I checked with the doc.

XD Well, I'm waiting for the good club I joined to start meeting.
Otherwise wtf? I'm not on LSD. And it wouldn't hurt to have dreams...at least ones I remember. >_>;
As far as I'm aware, I don't dream.
-DD
most antidepressents have "extremely vivid dreams" as a listed side effect and that has happened to the people I know who've taken them...

you don't dream at all? I find that sad.

noodles

Smash Champion
i dont think so. i can see how you think that though. have mogwai get slightly tanner and grow out his facial hair and itd be alot closer. the guy in cogs avatar has thicker eyebrows though

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Budai-Work from 11-7 then party at my place...........i need to work more now. The next tourney i'm going to is my own. and then probably pound 4. I do not play melee often now. It is nice to take a break though sometimes. Sometimes i do really good when i dont play for a bit.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Budai-Work from 11-7 then party at my place...........i need to work more now. The next tourney i'm going to is my own. and then probably pound 4. I do not play melee often now. It is nice to take a break though sometimes. Sometimes i do really good when i dont play for a bit.
Work is an acceptable john (omg contradiction?). I haven't been to a tournament in a long time so I can't wait for this one.

Speaking of the tournament, does anyone want to be my doubles partner? And does anyone wanna play some night next week or possibly tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon for a bit?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Work is an acceptable john (omg contradiction?). I haven't been to a tournament in a long time so I can't wait for this one.

Speaking of the tournament, does anyone want to be my doubles partner? And does anyone wanna play some night next week or possibly tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon for a bit?
yes to next week.

about 20 pounds and a goatee ago, people thought I looked like John Cusak.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
most antidepressents have "extremely vivid dreams" as a listed side effect and that has happened to the people I know who've taken them...

you don't dream at all? I find that sad.
:3 Not mine.
DX and I find it sad too, I used to have such fun dreams until all my stress made them stop like, 2 years ago. Sometimes they pop in and surprise me with some like, absurd-drama-type dream.

I think moggy looks more like this guy personally
._. Is that from L4D?
-DD

dudutsai

Smash Lord
wow lmfao

someone do me the biggest favor ever

and youtube

"super smash brothers piano"

i guarantee you, you won't regret it
I mistyped the first time and got a pretty generic brawl theme
That's REALLY cool, he said he's reuploading a better version!

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
does anyone wanna play some night next week or possibly tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon for a bit?
I can play sometime next week. What's good for you?

was the phone already ringing when you woke up or did it just start ringing?
If he was sleeping how is he going to know if the phone was already ringing? ;)

I probably mentioned this before but Arkham Asylum is sick....you guys need to play it. Second best batman game ever behind batman returns on SNES.

noodles

Smash Champion
Couple of ways. The obvious one would be if like he noticed no noise right before it started. Second would be to know how your ring sounds. if its in the middle of the ring youd know it didnt just start. but if its in the beginning part youd have no way of knowing >_>.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
No it's not from l4d *shakes cane at you*
T.T I'm sorry, I've never played L4D...or many video games at all.
Second guess is uhhh... RESIDENT EVIL!

Couple of ways. The obvious one would be if like he noticed no noise right before it started. Second would be to know how your ring sounds. if its in the middle of the ring youd know it didnt just start. but if its in the beginning part youd have no way of knowing >_>.
>_> Well, people tend to wake up before the phone rings, because that's just the freaky-sixth-sense thing at work.
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
If it was ringing it might have had something to with why mogwai called him in is dream.
Dreams seem to last longer then it actually is though so iunno.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Both renditions are pretty shoddy, but yeah it's hard to play. Rhythms are off at times and you can hear weird notes.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Lol. How you learned the song has nothing to do with how good your technique is.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lol. How you learned the song has nothing to do with how good your technique is.
=[ If something sounds off it does. DX No sheet music makes a big difference if you're not pitch perfect...I think...

<_< I wouldn't know, I happen to have that trait. Music pisses me off though, so I stopped doing anything with it.

-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If you have perfect pitch and you don't pursue music at all, I hate you.

You can transcribe something wrong and play your transcription correctly. That's an ear thing. You can also aim for the right notes and just flub them. That's a technique thing.

I've heard perfect pitch is helpful for transcribing single-note lines, but not that big of an advantage when it comes to transcribing harmonies and such.

Also, there's a big difference between knowing the notes/what key a piece is in and being able to understand it/play it on the spot.

I don't have perfect pitch, but I'm fairly confident in my ears just because I've developed them so much.

(jk Nick you know I love you)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Even if you don't have perfect pitch, you can develop your ears enough to have relative pitch, which doesn't effect transcribing that much I think.... maybe makes it slower.

Top Bottom