• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I personally still think Marth is second....maybe third.

Fox is best.....duh. I don't think Sheik or Falco is better than Marth. I think its extremely close...but its not true. In a sense, all the top three characters have one advantage over one character in the top three and are even with the other two. lol.

I think marths grab game, priority/range, edge guarding, and safest recovery amongst top tiers warrants him for a nice place as second MAYBE third. Definitely not fourth. The only thing that weakens his recovery is the light shield near the ledge. This can easily be avoided with good DI though and if you just recover earlier. His pivots are amazing, his wavedash is the 3rd or 4th best in the game in terms of how useful it is, hes the best character when below platforms, and so much more.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
There's no fun in that at all, which is why I've basically switched my main from Fox to Falcon these past few months.
So, you don't like tier whores...but you changed your main because of your original character's position on the tier list?

And there's not even anything wrong with entering tournaments and using a character that you feel will give you the best chance of victory. Why walk into a gun fight with a stick?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Good point. When I picked Fox as a main I didn't know how good he was at the time, I only started using him after seeing vids of KDJ :D Back then I thought Marth was the best character in the game and that he destroyed Fox lol. I never did use Marth back then because I thought he was too gay, but then as I played more and more I realized pretty much everyone is gay in their own way and to just deal with it. I probably should have said I switched mains because I have more fun with Falcon, and a secondary reason would be he isn't the best character (or one of the best) in the game. Gah, I make dumb posts when I'm tired. I'm working on an average of 3 hours of sleep per night for the past 4 days. Not really thinking clearly right now haha

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Fawks is teh best, but he's hard to play so he doesn't win big tournies.

Falco is better than everyone other than Fawks, especially Marf.

Shek is pretty good too, definitely better than Marf.

Jiggs may or may not be better than Marf, but probably isn't due to her lack of dominance over the Low Tiers, but I think in the standard metagame, she's comparable to Marf.

After those 5, Peach and Falcon are both pretty good and are worth talking about, but I think they're pretty comparable in the "better than the rest of the cast, but not as good as those other guys" sense.

After that, who cares. ICs, Ganon, and Doc and maybe Samus are all ok, but I'd be very very surprised to see them win anything big. They are good enough that phenomenal players can occasionally convince people that they're good enough to win something, but they never will, cause they're not quite that good.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
wasn't home D:
Ahhh. I ended up going to Alex's and my gps took me through a stupid way to get there. I played Joe and Mike.

Joe is pretty good. He has some technical work to get done but I think he'll be really good.

I really want to play smash again tonight/tomorrow... I don't have anything planned tomorrow I don't think hmmmm.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You're so ****ing far away blargh.

Are you doing anything tomorrow?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Only if I have a lot of liquor then beer then liquor then beer.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
You're so ****ing far away blargh.

Are you doing anything tomorrow?
Work at 5. Translation:You can come over and hangout till 4:30 tomorrow. :)

spawn will puke on your floor! watch out.
I pretty much just died and am laughing my *** off. <3

EDit: I meant to type this before but my computer was being a homo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10k_B10leg&feature=sub

I thought M2K was going to quit this smash video game guys and it wasn't fun?

<3 Col Bol. That kids mad cool. I admit, meat riding. His Fox is pretty.

Mogwai-I could see Sheik being better than Marth but not Falco.

It's not even so much the argument "his recovery is bad" or "he falls fast and gets comboed easier" because you could arguably say the same thing about Marth. Marth gets comboed easily but so does the entire cast. The only match ups where Marth legitimately pretty much gets OWNED if you dont know how to deal with stuff is Fox and Sheik....thats it. Falco dies RETARDEDLY early sometimes if you fail to miss any form of DI. Basically, if Falco goes below the stage at any point in time except when someone is recovering and he wants to do a rising ledge hop dair.....he should be dying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXWf...E123A3FA5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

0:58 and 1:55 Dashiz dies INCREDIBLY low due to poor DI. Its not even just the fact that any form of poor DI ****s his game up completely....but he has a smaller margin of error in a match. Both the spacies fall fast....but Falcos recovery with poor DI VS Fox's with poor DI is a huge gap.

Marth can simply just be GAYER THAN FALCO. In any fighting game the characters than can be the gayest are the best. Sentinel is ****ing stupid lol, V 13 in Blaz Blue is the campiest ****er ever, Sagat and Ryu are.....yeah, MK in Brawl is......yeah.

Fox is the best because his shine, spot dodge, grab game, speed, and everything are ****ing amazing. Hes gay. Sheiks gay because her setups work on EVERY SINGLE ****ing character. Falco IMO definitely has the most combo potential VS any character and can create an immense amount of momentum FAST but the gayest things he has going for him are his camping ability and his spike. Everything else he has can simply be combo Di'd.

Prettiest attacks tier list?

Marth (Nair is the prettiest attack in the game.....done deal.)
Falcon Knee
Fox Shine stuff
Falco Shine stuff
GAW 9
Mario spike
Young Link nair

thats all i care about.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
hey, i just uploaded that video about 20 minutes ago.

also your post is full of your opinion about why marth isn't as gay as the other characters despite being very gay but it's ok for marth to be gay because you think it is despite him being gayer than most of the cast

HEY GUYS I MAIN FALCO HES REALLY GAY BUT ITS OK THAT HE'S GAY AND CHEAP BECAUSE MK IS THERE AND IS GAYER SO IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL IF MY CHARACTER IS REALLY GAY BECAUSE I SAY SO BECAUSE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE ALSO GAY JUST FALCO IS NOT AS GAY AS THEY ARE SO ITS COOL GUYS

btw marth is not the best character in the game so it's ok to use him, unlike v13 and sagat

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I wish people in CT played third strike..............

marc---------(203) 467-0732

call that number if you need to reach me. its my landline. I cant make outgoing calls to you because long distance and my phone does not get service here. AIM and that # are the best bet.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
PoF, you're still talking about the realm of play where players make stupid mistakes. When Falco players stop making stupid mistakes, it becomes pretty apparently that Falco vs. Marf is at worse even and Falco vs. Sheik is brutal for Sheik. He's also the only character in the entire game with a legitimate case for being better than even vs. Fox.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Adding eggs to a salad makes it go from meh to tasty. how did I not know this before?
might work even better with sharp cheddar, too.

edit: Cruise in heaven, swift. that's got to be near my top of best rei pics you have as your avatar.

Aesir

Smash Master
what did people think about Obama's speech about Health Care Reform?

transcript if you haven't watched it: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/us/politics/10obama.text.html?ref=politics
If he can actually get a public option out there then it'll be a success(barely but it'll be a success). It's sad he can't really get real health care reform out there and it's not like he can just tell the republicans to go screw them selves because he needs every democrat, which means he needs the blue dogs which are basically republicans, these are the people who would have voted for Ayn Rand if she ran with a D in front of her name.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
PoF, you're still talking about the realm of play where players make stupid mistakes. When Falco players stop making stupid mistakes, it becomes pretty apparently that Falco vs. Marf is at worse even and Falco vs. Sheik is brutal for Sheik. He's also the only character in the entire game with a legitimate case for being better than even vs. Fox.
There are plenty examples that I can think of at the top of my head where high level Falcos die early or really any player has died early. Margin of error is extremely important at high level play. Heck, Shizwiz died early TWICE in his set at Fast VS M2K. Margin of error is a huge reason why Jigglypuff has dominated so much lately. Think about it, minus the fact that jigglypuff is light what else does she have going for her thats really bad? Lack of projectiles? Maybe. She can duck a good 90% of the games projectiles. Her biggest strength/gay thing is FAR from technical. Go out and do a bunch of aerials and gimp them. No need to l cancel, wavedash (for the most part...its still useful though) or do anything crazy with her. How can you mess up going after someone while they are recovering and get yourself killed. The worst that happens to Jigs here is Fox up b into uair MAYBE. You don't need to have fast fingers or do anything crazy to win with jigglypuff. You can't combo her unless your Falcon and she can get away from everything.

Falco gets chain thrown by low tiers (Ness, GAW, DK, Mario, Doc)
Is extremely difficult to win with once you are down a stock (camp the ledge)
Suffers the most amongst high tiers with bad DI due to falling speed and lack of recovery. You can argue that at high level play his recovery is good but at high level play people also **** falco easier.
Has the smallest margin of error amongst high tiers.

I also know that you personally have an insanely difficult time with Marth. I've discussed this match up with you in person and I know how you play VS Marth. You're extremely campy....and for good reason. Marth doesn't win tournaments and the best players in the world don't use him because hes fourth best. They use him because hes gay and Marth is the best in the game at punishing mistakes, (most likely) especially when your opponent is recovering.

In the set I just posted like 2-3 posts back...both m2k and col bol suicided in the same set. Floridas best Fox and the worlds best marth suicided. At high level play people suicide and mess up too. I would honestly maybe argue that Jigs could be better than Falco but Falco ***** the rest of the cast better than Jigs does. Just because I'm not a "top level player" it does not mean that I don't understand Melee and know my own character. I admit, I really don't know much about match ups outside of the top four characters. Thing is, do I REALLY need to know any of that information? No. Because everyone is a tier *****.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Adding eggs to a salad makes it go from meh to tasty. how did I not know this before?
might work even better with sharp cheddar, too.

edit: Cruise in heaven, swift. that's got to be near my top of best rei pics you have as your avatar.
good taste you have. The person who made that pic is godly. My fav rei one is one that YS did of her in a raincoat. That and the young kagi/misato one that he also did are amongst my favs

Cort

Apple Head
Ahhh. I ended up going to Alex's and my gps took me through a stupid way to get there. I played Joe and Mike.

Joe is pretty good. He has some technical work to get done but I think he'll be really good.

I really want to play smash again tonight/tomorrow... I don't have anything planned tomorrow I don't think hmmmm.
come ova

call me/aim me to schedule

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Chewman-M2K reads Cort like a book. He knows exactly how he plays. Hes M2K.....try doing that against a decent/good Falcon. Falcon out camps Marth hence why hes better than Marth on stage.

I main Ragna in Blaz Blue.....the game is still pretty much garbage though. I mean.......eh, its okkkkkkkk but the character choices are meh, the battle system is meh, and once you are in the corner you get *****.
You understand BB a lot I see.

Oh wait

PoF - I'm like one of the most random players, no one really reads me like a book.

Also that set was a complete joke reguardless. M2K would do that to absolutely any Falcon (with any character thanks to his meticulous and perfect edge guarding) and I just fall back on Falcon for fun if I know I can't win the set.

At that point in the match all I wanted to do was knee him.

I'm not surprised you picked the best character........yet again.

Definitely the biggest tier *****. I have never heard of anyone initially and always using the best character in the game. When the tier list changes.....you'll change to the new best character. Who the hell does that????

"Yo, why did you vote to not ban mk?"

"Because I don't want to main Snake." WTF

says the guy who uses marth

9.9 lul

Tell that to Boss lolol

Tier whoring is pathetic, I don't understand why you'd pick only the best character in each game you play. There's no fun in that at all, which is why I've basically switched my main from Fox to Falcon these past few months. It's also because he's by far more fun to use, I would have ZERO fun using V 13 in Blazblue. **** that robotic *****. And **** Arakune while we're at it. I like winning my matches due to skill, not characters.

I always tend to pick characters with silly gimmicks.

That was probably the scrubbiest thing I've ever read.

i think thumbs was trying to out troll pof

success
*brofist*

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Kevin-I really laughed at that entire post.

Swift-Ok, I understand. I've been on a smash hiatus for about a week...im itching for melee. lol. I like to take my breaks too. It really helps sometimes I think.

Edit-Everyone needs to go play Arkham Asylum. It's ****ing amazingly fun/good.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
x___x;; I don't like college. Too much social interaction.

._. I've been passing out in my bed all day.

<_< I'm either sick or just tired...but I think I'm sick.

>_> and I show up to dinner, sit with some dormmates, and one wiseass decides to say, "Hey, done playing videogames for the day?"

=[ I don't even play video games, wtf.

-DD

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
x___x;; I don't like college. Too much social interaction.

._. I've been passing out in my bed all day.

<_< I'm either sick or just tired...but I think I'm sick.

>_> and I show up to dinner, sit with some dormmates, and one wiseass decides to say, "Hey, done playing videogames for the day?"

=[ I don't even play video games, wtf.

-DD
Just because you pwned their faces with Mewtwo? Those *******s.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Bleh I have to do miscellaneous stupid things around the house.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
College is awesome Nick. If you're living on campus you should be loving it....if not....you're doing something wrong or looking at it from the wrong angle.

College is a great way to meet people and drop cliques that are pretty much everywhere in elementary to high school. Girls are cooler, people are generally more social and willing to meet others, there is always something to do on campus, there is more freedom with your time, you can skip classes if you want and professors don't care, (don't recommend this actually. What I usually do is skip the class after the test so I know I have a guarantee i did not miss a test or quiz. LOL.) the foods better, and yeah.

If people are giving you that typical bias opinion of "zomg nerd gamer lol." Then don't hangout with them and go meet some cooler people.

Marc: I miss you. Check your ****ing FB events.............

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
There are still cliques in college, but not nearly as much. pretty much agree with pof's post.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I love college, I met some great guys with the same interests as me, the courses are challenging and I'm ****ing KevinM.

Actually I just realized I'm ****ing KevinM all the time.

God I'm awesome.

Top Bottom