• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
as much as I hate Bisu, I'm thinking of making this my avatar:

You only hate him cause he uses toss :p

Nothing will beat Reservoir Dogs.
Reservoir Dogs is an incredibly overrated film imo. I've seen it twice, and while it is a good movie, I do not think it's something people should freak out over, especially since he made Pulp Fiction a few years later and it completely blew it out of the water in every way possible. I think it's the weakest of all his films (then again I haven't seen Jackie Brown or Grindhouse) and Inglorious Basterds is up there with Pulp Fiction as his strongest.

Aesir

Smash Master
Honestly man all you do is come in here occasionally and post a line or two about how much this thread is dumb now and then leave. Why are you bothering?
Spoken like someone who really doesn't know what he's talking about, I post in here occasionally yes, but I rarely come in here and say this thread is dumb. You're confusing me with PoF and that's a big mistake on your part. Here's an interesting correlation though, every time there's a **** storm of bickering in the CT thread I say something along the lines of "Everyone should shut the **** up." I wonder what that could possibly mean.

You people need to stop riding on PoFs posts everyone knows he's an impulse poster he doesn't think things through when he posts. All you have to do to figure this out is talk to him in real life because he'll say something you'll say something contrary to that and he'll be like. "Yeah I guess you're right. All this bickering does is make people like me hate clicking on this thread, but I do so anyway hoping this BS will end soon.

Lil her self has even said "who the **** cares" so clearly it's not just me who's fed up, and how often I post should have very little bearing on anything.

if that's the attitude you want, why do you even care if we do debate about stuff, I mean, you don't give a **** anyway, right? so why do you get on us to stop?
My attitude on what? walking into a thread and reading a **** storm of crap? I've said it already PoF is an impulse poster, not only that his opinion on things don't matter to begin with him. Prove him wrong, then be done with it. You don't have to drag it on for 3 pages of just bickering that's not debating.

the real answer is that we give a **** because we're passionate about the stuff we talk about. we talk about it at all because we're bored at the time or enjoy talking about our thoughts.
That's fine, but the PoF riding is pointless and detracts from any discussion you guys should be having. It's like you all camp around your computer waiting for PoF to say something stupid then pounce on it like it's your job.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
For the record I was pointing out the smooth criminal comment for Aiser's post. The one he just posted wasn't trolly enough/funny. :(

*gets ready for the most troll post to ever befall upon swf*

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I've heard FBH is actually a very nice guy.

Demetri: If you disapprove of the "PoF riding," you don't have to participate in it. The obvious solution to all this is for Garrett to just use his brain once in awhile. That's what I'm shooting for.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hey Aiser,

Why so serious?

*is super lame/old but I wanted to do it*

Aesir

Smash Master
I've heard FBH is actually a very nice guy.

Demetri: If you disapprove of the "PoF riding," you don't have to participate in it. The obvious solution to all this is for Garrett to just use his brain once in awhile. That's what I'm shooting for.
I didn't partake in the festivities.

I'm simply saying the gang bang of bickering that went on for 3 pages maybe more wasn't needed. A simple you're dumb, heres why could have sufficed.

Hey Aiser,

Why so serious?

*is super lame/old but I wanted to do it*
Lol Marc.

I'm going to smashfest now bbl.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
My attitude on what? walking into a thread and reading a **** storm of crap? I've said it already PoF is an impulse poster, not only that his opinion on things don't matter to begin with him. Prove him wrong, then be done with it. You don't have to drag it on for 3 pages of just bickering that's not debating.
1. **** storm of crap is redundant.
2. If you consider this thread a ****storm of crap, why do you ever check it? No one's got a gun against your head.
3. The debating doesn't really happen with PoF as he just sticks to his opinion regardless of what people say, but there are debates with real points without PoF, FREQUENTLY. If you don't care about them, just pretend you're me looking at any one of your posts besides this one and just ignore it.

That's fine, but the PoF riding is pointless and detracts from any discussion you guys should be having. It's like you all camp around your computer waiting for PoF to say something stupid then pounce on it like it's your job.
Again, where are you getting this from?

The typical flow of the CT thread throughout a day is:

1. Someone posts about something
2. More people post about it and possibly go back to #1 if the discussion is drying up
3. PoF comes in and tells us this thread sucks
4. PoF bashing occurs

#3 and #4 are the problem, but the reasons we post here are #1 and #2. No one likes the PoF sections of this thread, they just happen. I've been ignoring #3 and not partaking in #4 for some time now, so I again, I really don't understand how you think anyone really exists in this thread to pounce on PoF when he almost always comes at the tail end of a discussion.

Which incident are you talking about exactly with PoF bashing dragging out for 3 pages?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
phil hellmuth gets pissy and puts on a show when he loses

fbh gets excited and acts out when he wins

i'd say they're more opposites than anything
I meant more his cocky attitude. If you've ever seen the guy in interviews, or even while he is playing (not when he's getting bad beat) he is incredibly arrogant, and that's where I was drawing the comparison. You're right though, they are opposites in that regard lol

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Spoken like someone who really doesn't know what he's talking about, I post in here occasionally yes, but I rarely come in here and say this thread is dumb.
Actually no you don't really do that, I apologize. You come in and post 2 lines about: a random movie or band or telling people to lay off PoF.
Not that I really care. *shrug*

You're confusing me with PoF and that's a big mistake on your part. Here's an interesting correlation though, every time there's a **** storm of bickering in the CT thread I say something along the lines of "Everyone should shut the **** up." I wonder what that could possibly mean.

You people need to stop riding on PoFs posts everyone knows he's an impulse poster he doesn't think things through when he posts. All you have to do to figure this out is talk to him in real life because he'll say something you'll say something contrary to that and he'll be like. "Yeah I guess you're right. All this bickering does is make people like me hate clicking on this thread, but I do so anyway hoping this BS will end soon.

Lil her self has even said "who the **** cares" so clearly it's not just me who's fed up, and how often I post should have very little bearing on anything.
First of all, don't john for PoF.

Secondly, people are going to judge him and his posts on their own merits. "All you have to do to figure this out is talk to him in real life..." uh we're on smashboards.com. We're not in real life. Nobody jumps all over him in real life because he doesn't act like he does here, there. Garrett honestly has no one to blame but himself... like Mogwai said, most of the time he'll come into the middle of an ongoing discussion and post whatever, and we'll respond to it. Do you want everyone to just ignore him? Or just the people who disagree with him to do so? I think he'd find that pretty disrespectful, I know I would.

And it's not bickering. Sure people do resort to name calling and the like but for the most part people do break down his arguments etc.

Do we need to send our posts to you before posting so you can approve them? /snark, but seriously.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
btw
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1185812222812358837
for those of you who don't already know about district 9's roots.

and idk if a sequal would be worth it.
i didn't like the sequels to k-pax since the effect was kind of lost.
True story: a lot of the interviewees in Alive in Joburg were people Blomkamp found on the street in Johannesburg and asked about Nigerian and Zimbabwean refugees.
That's actual footage.

D20

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is at all related to the current conversation, but Daniel Negreanu is my favorite poker player.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Top Bottom